Help with Hydroponic grown plants

• Thread starter Chickensmoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Cut all the bad nodes off up top. Take each plant to the bathtub and rinse the roots with room temp water, bairly cold to the touch. Slowly massage all the black specks out of there and slowly get off the slime off. For sure root rot on all plants, you need to pick live or sterile, it's rare someone can grow without bbs or sterile additives.

Anyways rinse them roots clean, make sure water flows through all clumped together sections.

Now change all your nutrient water due to fungal contamination... Now add your sterile additive or bbs.

If the problem gets worse over the next day you will need to wrap your pots in towels for insulation and figure out how to pump cooler air into your totes.

I like live systems, I use hydroguard but I'm sure the defguard will work too.

C

Chickensmoker

Cut all the bad nodes off up top. Take each plant to the bathtub and rinse the roots with room temp water, bairly cold to the touch. Slowly massage all the black specks out of there and slowly get off the slime off. For sure root rot on all plants, you need to pick live or sterile, it's rare someone can grow without bbs or sterile additives.

Anyways rinse them roots clean, make sure water flows through all clumped together sections.

Now change all your nutrient water due to fungal contamination... Now add your sterile additive or bbs.

If the problem gets worse over the next day you will need to wrap your pots in towels for insulation and figure out how to pump cooler air into your totes.

I like live systems, I use hydroguard but I'm sure the defguard will work too.
I've literally just changed the water/nutrients lol, considering it's only been couple days since. Can I get away with just cleaning the roots because of this reason? I will try this method but I don't have defguard or hydroguard. I only have great white which I have read is good!

C

Chickensmoker

I suggestvgetting either of the others. I heard great white is good but something is no working for you right now.
Basically, what my problem is. I didnt use the great white from the start, I only got it when I seen the roots going brown, since using the great white. I havent washed the roots, I arent experienced but from the looks of the roots they aren't badly rotted. If I wash the roots and continue using great white, and go from there. What do you think?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Basically, what my problem is. I didnt use the great white from the start, I only got it when I seen the roots going brown, since using the great white. I havent washed the roots, I arent experienced but from the looks of the roots they aren't badly rotted. If I wash the roots and continue using great white, and go from there. What do you think?
I think that's a very reasonable option to try yes.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Didnt you say above you though the roots were nutrient stained?

The same thing crossed my mind. There's some bright shiny white roots about 1" long growing. Its clear near the end of the video

C

Chickensmoker

Didnt you say above you though the roots were nutrient stained?

The same thing crossed my mind. There's some bright shiny white roots about 1" long growing. Its clear near the end of the video
I done my research on root rot and couldn't find any that look like mine, mine don't look half as bad as some. I have clumpy bits on roots that aren't smelly, don't feel too slimey either just a little gritty. I assumed it was just the nutrients clumping together on my roots.

But as I've noticed slow growth compared to each other. That's what's making me think it's the start of root rot maybe.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If you didnt start with using BBS or sterile additives, your asking for root rot. Sure we can think they are stained, but the black clumps in the roots tells me otherwise.

Nutrients are cheap man, I know you dont want to dump the solution, but I would. It would be different if you had a pump and filter you could change. My rdwc has a filter to catch any clumps, your roots are your filter lol.

So I would act like you have root rot, and then. . you can lower your ppms a little if your worried about stained roots. I ran 1200ppm for 2 weeks at one point and never got my roots stained. I would just hate for the issue to get worse on you. Just assume its the worst lol. .

Also look into Benefitial bacteria. I add 2ml hydroguard per gallon on my first batch, 80 gallons capacity so 160ml of hydroguard. That initial dose prevents root rot for my entire grow lol. . .I dont even have to add hydroguard but once. I dont even add it with top offs. Hell i went 2 months without even looking at my roots, hell 5 plants of mine never had their roots checked due to scrog holding the pot down tight.

C

Chickensmoker

If you didnt start with using BBS or sterile additives, your asking for root rot. Sure we can think they are stained, but the black clumps in the roots tells me otherwise.

Nutrients are cheap man, I know you dont want to dump the solution, but I would. It would be different if you had a pump and filter you could change. My rdwc has a filter to catch any clumps, your roots are your filter lol.

So I would act like you have root rot, and then. . you can lower your ppms a little if your worried about stained roots. I ran 1200ppm for 2 weeks at one point and never got my roots stained. I would just hate for the issue to get worse on you. Just assume its the worst lol. .

Also look into Benefitial bacteria. I add 2ml hydroguard per gallon on my first batch, 80 gallons capacity so 160ml of hydroguard. That initial dose prevents root rot for my entire grow lol. . .I dont even have to add hydroguard but once. I dont even add it with top offs. Hell i went 2 months without even looking at my roots, hell 5 plants of mine never had their roots checked due to scrog holding the pot down tight.
It's not the money, it's the effort getting water into the loft via buckets then mixing nutrients again lol, couldn't I pour each pot through a mesh strainer to catch the clumps lol.

I've read that the great white stuff practically does the same as hydroguard and includes some of the same stuff.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It's not the money, it's the effort getting water into the loft via buckets then mixing nutrients again lol, couldn't I pour each pot through a mesh strainer to catch the clumps lol.

I've read that the great white stuff practically does the same as hydroguard and includes some of the same stuff.
Im so confused on what product does what lol. I have never ran sterile and only used hydroguard. I was thinking great white destroyed all cell walls, but its actually the opposite and a bb lol. . mb

So in my opinion you need to make their job easier. You want them to focus on cleaning the roots, not the particles in the water. You can get it all out however you like, im sure your strainer method will work. Just know if you use tap water to rinse the roots, the chlorine left on the roots, can destroy your great white. Like the moment you add bbs the moment your tap water becomes the enemy to your system. Dont even top off with tap water unless its sat out a while (not sure how long), the chlorine job is to destroy cell walls, which your beneficial bacteria have :(.

I mean you could cheese cloth at walmart and top it over a bucket multiple times and slow pour into it. In my old system I used a sponge filter on my pump and never changed the res, just added double dose of my bacteria and cleaned my filter and massaged my roots. So yea, at least work your roots with your hands once a day, perhaps twice. while they are submerged you can actaully break all that gunk off. Id do that first, then take to tub and rinse top down. Filter your water, and boom place your plants in your filtered water after their roots are rinsed, and then add your BB. Then massage the roots about 20 min later, and then as determined. Its best to top feed the bb after your done, and not just adding it in the pot.

After you do all this, find my 6 strains in the same hydro thead, and look at my system. Your in serious need of an upgrade. Your system screams. . WORK, my system is for the lazy stoner lol. .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The roots don't look bad. I'd say more damaged and therapy signs of rot.

You find out once you rinse them and see how many fall off and if they are stained or have slime on them.

D

D_G

Hey man, if you still need help, this might be it.
I had the exactly same looking roots in hydro. That rot thing stops them from growing so it is really bad. They are supposed to be pearl white unless you use some coloring nutes.

What worked for me was enzyme product, cannazym. If you arent using enzymes yet, I highly recommend cannazym. After adding that those brown roots started to push pearl white roots and soon there was so much new root growth that you could barely see any brown under.

Good luck

Top Bottom