Help with Lighting!

• Thread starter RansacktheElder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RansacktheElder

With this being my first indoor attempt, I had to go stealthy as well as affordable. My space is 3'x3'x4'tall. I have 1-70w HPS, 1-T5 Sunblaster and 2-Vitalume high output fluoro's. They are arrainged around the space efficiently. :partyEverything I've researched says you should put 20-50 watts of lights in the right spectrums to your space. I calculated mine at 34 watts per sq ft so, I'm hopeful. I have some northern lights and mazar seeds coming. I'm going to see how the bagseed does and then I'll refine it for the good stuff. I'm very worried that my lighting is enough for my space. I'm anticipating starting ten seeds and hoping to get three females out of the mix when it's all said and done. Let me know if I'm living in a fantasy world or what. <chuckle>

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You'll do fine. My prediction? If this is your first indoor attempt you'll be thrilled with the results. In fishing we call this "setting the hook". :D Right afterwards is when you go out and blow a grand on new lights, tents, vent, etc...

Post up some pics of the space and we'll get a better idea of where the problems may arise.

BTW: try to avoid posting duplicate threads in multiple forums, I deleted the other one as this is a good spot for this post.

R

RansacktheElder

I kinda have that feeling (setting the hook). I can anticipate blowing a wad of cash at the supply store for the good stuff. Well, a man has to have a hobby I suppose! I'll do better with the posts, I promise! I'm very new to this, but this is one heck of a nice resource to have! Thank you so much for reassuring me on my set-up. I'll try to get some pics on here soon. I grew outdoors when younger with good results, so I understand the basics of it. Proper light, ventilation, fert., etc. I'm absolutely stoked! This is gonna be a blast!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh yeah RTE! When you get a grow going post up a new thread in the "Grow Diaries" section. In the meantime if you wanna post up pics of the space it will be helpful for folks who wanna lend some advice.

Top Bottom