Help with my “Tiny Tina”

• Thread starter Stratystrat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stratystrat

Stratystrat

Hi everyone

I have only grown my own weed for a few years and never ran into a problem. I started Tiny in March and since transplant to the big pot she has had yellow leaves off and on. To note, like a moron, I didn’t use new soil but the same soil I used for a tomatoe plant last year.

I did some initial reading that suggested it could be a nitrogen deficiency, or PH issue. I tried purchasing and feeding Tina a special fertilizer shown in the picture. At first it immediately cured the issue and Tina Took off!

Now that she is coming to the end of her growning period, she is turning yellow, with brown spots developing and eventually turning the leaves completely brown. I did notice tonight some brown ants on her, again, picture attached. I was thinking maybe they are feeding on a Parasite or something ?

I have attached photos for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Straty
Help with my tiny tina 2

Help with my tiny tina
Help with my tiny tina 3
Help with my tiny tina 4
Help with my tiny tina 5
Help with my tiny tina 6
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If you can find some lady bugs. I get them in a local soy bean field. They will eat anything on your plant. I'm thinking not enough water. The leaves are wilted and dropping but no sine of nitrogen burn. No brown tips or hooking. Check the soil PH if you can. I'd stop using the stuff pictured and give it a good soaking with Pro Mix 5-15-5 then in a week, switch to Pro Mix 3-6-12 and let the plant flower, one cap full in a watering can once a week. Soak it good. Give it the entire watering can. My plants this size get the better part of a watering can of rain water every morning. Top dress the pot next time with 3 inches wood chips. Helps keep the water from evaporating. Next year use seedlings 5-15-5 1/4 strength first month. Miracle grow for acid loving plants. 28-10 -10. 1/4 strength next month, then 1/2 strength every 2 weeks until flowering starts. Then Pro Mix 3-6-12 until 2 weeks before harvest. You need to get at and defoliate, See lolly popping. Your going to end up with a lot of popcorn if you don't. Plant needs full sun all day now.

Stratystrat

Stratystrat

If you can find some lady bugs. I get them in a local soy bean field. They will eat anything on your plant. I'm thinking not enough water. The leaves are wilted and dropping but no sine of nitrogen burn. No brown tips or hooking. Check the soil PH if you can. I'd stop using the stuff pictured and give it a good soaking with Pro Mix 5-15-5 then in a week, switch to Pro Mix 3-6-12 and let the plant flower, one cap full in a watering can once a week. Soak it good. Give it the entire watering can. My plants this size get the better part of a watering can of rain water every morning. Top dress the pot next time with 3 inches wood chips. Helps keep the water from evaporating. Next year use seedlings 5-15-5 1/4 strength first month. Miracle grow for acid loving plants. 28-10 -10. 1/4 strength next month, then 1/2 strength every 2 weeks until flowering starts. Then Pro Mix 3-6-12 until 2 weeks before harvest. You need to get at and defoliate, See lolly popping. Your going to end up with a lot of popcorn if you don't. Plant needs full sun all day now.
Wow … Amazing advise, thank you very much. I will take all of it into practice. Thank you again

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That brown around the base of the stalk looks kind of ominous. Might need to look into it. Maybe get a few opinions On it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That plant needs to start flowering soon. Does it receive ambient light from lights at night?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Water it good. Full sun. Ants actually farm aphids. It looks as though you may have this problem. You could spray it well with soap.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Hi everyone

I have only grown my own weed for a few years and never ran into a problem. I started Tiny in March and since transplant to the big pot she has had yellow leaves off and on. To note, like a moron, I didn’t use new soil but the same soil I used for a tomatoe plant last year.

I did some initial reading that suggested it could be a nitrogen deficiency, or PH issue. I tried purchasing and feeding Tina a special fertilizer shown in the picture. At first it immediately cured the issue and Tina Took off!

Now that she is coming to the end of her growning period, she is turning yellow, with brown spots developing and eventually turning the leaves completely brown. I did notice tonight some brown ants on her, again, picture attached. I was thinking maybe they are feeding on a Parasite or something ?

StratyView attachment 1160895
Spray your wrist and hand every 7-10 days with azamax!

Mugwort

Mugwort

Hi everyone

StratyView attachment 1160895
Healthy looking manifold! Well trained!

Top Bottom