HELP with my coco

• Thread starter Gavin255
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gavin255

Gavin255

Hi Guys i made messed up i picked up the rong bottle when feeding my plant the water i fed with was really cold its been 8-9 days the coco is not drying out the 3 gal pot is super wet and super heavy and the plant is only 4 weeks into veg its a photo plant how do i raise the temps of the coco Back up i will be very greatful for any info on this. growth has been slowed do i just call it a day and start over or just run it out my temps in the tent sit at 80 with lights on and 70 lights off

Thanks.

Kepp89

Kepp89

imo id just put a heater near it. walmart has them lasko heaters, like an 8" square and draws a tiny amount of power.

and/or take a handful of clean body sized towels and put them in the dryer for 30 minutes to heat them up. take them out and wrap the pot with them. do that all day as often as you can. you could use hot water to heat them but thats counter-productive.

Gavin255

Gavin255

imo id just put a heater near it. walmart has them lasko heaters, like an 8" square and draws a tiny amount of power.

and/or take a handful of clean body sized towels and put them in the dryer for 30 minutes to heat them up. take them out and wrap the pot with them. do that all day as often as you can. you could use hot water to heat them but thats counter-productive.

thanks for the reply i will give them both ago and will update in a few days.

thanks.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Welcome to the forum !
I just wanted to stop by and help as much as I could as I too grow in coco. If you are amending coco, you treat the medium like soil, i.e water when dry, with ph'd water no feed. If you're fertigating your coco, here the trick. Coco must remain saturated, you will really have a hard time overwatering, if you do get symptoms of overwatering in coco, then it's most likely Ph issue. The thing you need to do right now is flush your medium if you've been letting it go dry. Keep flushing till you get a nice ppm reading, you don't want to be above 600 ppm right now. After the flush, you need to maintain a daily water regiment. At least once a day. Eventually once the plant get large enough, daily watering won't suffice and you'll notice your medium getting bone dry wihtin a couple of hours of watering. With coco you should just maintain a daily watering to stop the ph fluctuation. That is what most coco growers face.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Also flushing will get all the stagnated water from the root zone and supply your roots with oxygenation. Feed temperatures are not so important, just not freezing cold, nor boiling. Think of it as a manual form of DWC.

Gavin255

Gavin255

Welcome to the forum !
I just wanted to stop by and help as much as I could as I too grow in coco. If you are amending coco, you treat the medium like soil, i.e water when dry, with ph'd water no feed. If you're fertigating your coco, here the trick. Coco must remain saturated, you will really have a hard time overwatering, if you do get symptoms of overwatering in coco, then it's most likely Ph issue. The thing you need to do right now is flush your medium if you've been letting it go dry. Keep flushing till you get a nice ppm reading, you don't want to be above 600 ppm right now. After the flush, you need to maintain a daily water regiment. At least once a day. Eventually once the plant get large enough, daily watering won't suffice and you'll notice your medium getting bone dry wihtin a couple of hours of watering. With coco you should just maintain a daily watering to stop the ph fluctuation. That is what most coco growers face.

Hi thanks for the info i do amend my coco then just water with ph water not showing any signs of overwatering or anything its just super cold coco 8-9 days and still very cold and wet.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Hi thanks for the info i do amend my coco then just water with ph water not showing any signs of overwatering or anything its just super cold coco 8-9 days and still very cold and wet.
Ahhhh got ya ! Then disregard the flush. Raise the pot of the ground is a first, Get a pencil and gently poke holes in the medium almost as if you're going to germinate . That should adroit the medium. I wouldn't really subject the lady to any extreme temps, just maybe ride it out in the tent and raise it off if you haven't.

Gavin255

Gavin255

Ahhhh got ya ! Then disregard the flush. Raise the pot of the ground is a first, Get a pencil and gently poke holes in the medium almost as if you're going to germinate . That should adroit the medium. I wouldn't really subject the lady to any extreme temps, just maybe ride it out in the tent and raise it off if you haven't.

ok i will do that right now and thanks for your help i will keep you updated on how it goes :)

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

ok i will do that right now and thanks for your help i will keep you updated on how it goes :)
I think you'll be fine, just wait till pot is dry. I think the growth stunt should resolve itself within a couple of days once the medium drys out. Veg her out an extra week to compensate for the stress. You got this ! Keep us updated. Start a journal

Gavin255

Gavin255

I think you'll be fine, just wait till pot is dry. I think the growth stunt should resolve itself within a couple of days once the medium drys out. Veg her out an extra week to compensate for the stress. You got this ! Keep us updated. Start a journal

i will indeed keep you updated thanks for the help :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom