Help with my EBB and Flow in rockwool

• Thread starter Raymonday
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Raymonday

Raymonday

Hello this is my 3rd grow and i went with something different and i got a E&F system. It was working great until saturday and 3/4 plants started to droop. I only flood 1 time per day as this is the second time a plant had drooped and i nursed her back to health as i let her dry out. I am really new to growing and this was my first time ever using rockwool so am i doing something wrong?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Hello this is my 3rd grow and i went with something different and i got a E&F system. It was working great until saturday and 3/4 plants started to droop. I only flood 1 time per day as this is the second time a plant had drooped and i nursed her back to health as i let her dry out. I am really new to growing and this was my first time ever using rockwool so am i doing something wrong?

How big of an E&F system are you using? I was an Ebb head for years and years. Reason I ask is, for my honest opinion, switch them over to DTW (drain to waste). Being a newer grower you will have less problems, less work, and way less nute cost unless you are running like a 3x3 or an Emily.

Ebb works great for veg but in flower with rockwool you can get buildup and is harder to manage if you don't have your system dialed.

Water temp/PH/Water schedule/Humidity/Light Shock/Root Rot it could be a number of things. The thing about recirc systems is if you get a problem in the root zone it will spread to all of your plants since you are recircing the nutes. See what DWC guys go through. Not to mention PH management/nute add backs/ and nute ratios can get all out of wack specially if you are using smaller rezs like under 40 gals. That's where the experience comes in. I always ran the 115 gal rezs even on my 4 x 4's and would run through shit tons of nutes and end up throwing 1/2 of them down the drain throughout a grow.

The other tip I have is ditch air pumps for the rez if using them, stay away from everything organic, and run sterile rez's with bleach or H202.

Latest posts

Top Bottom