Help with my plants please

• Thread starter Marcmiller32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

Hi, I'm new to growing, I've done a bunch of research before starting, my auto flowers are about 2 weeks from popping out of the soil, I've been pretty worried about them being healthy, I want to know if these girls are doing OK, I havnt started feeding them nutes yet but will soon, probably at the end of this week, I feel like the growth has been slow but steady, as I've seen on some threads on some 2 week plants that they should have way more growth than I have, what do you guys think? I water them every 2 days, there in mother earth 70%coco 30% perlite, I keep the humidity around 50% and the temp at 72-80°, I have a 300watt full spectrum grow light about 20 inch away!

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

For sure, I got some cal mag, flora grow, flora bloom and flora micro coming tomorrow, I watered today, should I feed them tomorrow? Or wait the for my next water which would be Wednesday. Try my best to not over water, since I was told was the biggest mistake beginners make.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

feed them as soon as you have food. VERY SMALL AMOUNTS. Maybe 1/4 of the chart levels, if that.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you plant a germinated seed in living soil, it will grow because the soil feeds it. Living soil has microbes and bacteria and enzymes and other biological stuff that converts the soil into plant food. This is why you shouldn't feed a plant in soil, you will be double feeding.
Coco and pearlite are not food. They have zero food content.

A new seedling has just enough strength to get its leaves out of the soil and into the light. Then it pretty much runs out of food and stops growing unless it's in living soil, or it gets fed.

Ponky

Ponky

Over watering = watering too frequently

Your Coco has different rules. Of which a Coco grower should be able to assist you.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not sure about autoflowers but a seedling comes with enough food to start life, usually around 2 weeks or so (the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow).. is when nutrients will be needed, until than just water.

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

feed them as soon as you have food. VERY SMALL AMOUNTS. Maybe 1/4 of the chart levels, if that.
Ok, I was gonna do this dose right here per gallon, was told would be a good starting point, how often should I feed, once a week? Or should I do it with every watering since they haven't had any nutes yet

Screenshot 20210816 175613 Samsung Notes
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You need a COCO grower. Let's see, @GNick is already here, Maybe @DreamwalkerJ can team with GNick and they will give you guidance.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You need a COCO grower. Let's see, @GNick is already here, Maybe @DreamwalkerJ can team with GNick and they will give you guidance.
no not me, i’m best with promix or soil..
we need our hero! 😁 @Aqua Man
or any other coco grower!
your pretty smart grower yourself @ComfortablyNumb and very very helpful member here!
i think you should be on the staff!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

no not me, i’m best with promix or soil..
we need our hero! 😁 @Aqua Man
or any other coco grower!
your pretty smart grower yourself @ComfortablyNumb and very very helpful member here!
i think you should be on the staff!
Gee, I thought you liked me. LOL

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

not sure about autoflowers but a seedling comes with enough food to start life, usually around 2 weeks or so (the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow).. is when nutrients will be needed, until than just water.

not sure about autoflowers but a seedling comes with enough food to start life, usually around 2 weeks or so (the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow).. is when nutrients will be needed, until than

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

Ya just kinda started worrying when the 2 week mark hit and there wasn't as much progress than expected, so it's definitely a nutrients problem right? I don't see any discoloration on any leaves, only thing is stem is purple on both.

Ponky

Ponky

Ya just kinda started worrying when the 2 week mark hit and there wasn't as much progress than expected, so it's definitely a nutrients problem right? I don't see any discoloration on any leaves, only thing is stem is purple on both.
I would work on getting a consistent PH and moisture level in your media with a small amount of nutirents. And expect that plant to be well developed in about 25 days. You don't want dry zones in it. I don't think 1 gallon of water is enough water. If that's all you're mixing up.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

"But once seeds have germinated and broken through the surface of the soil or growing media as seedlings, they all need sunlight to grow."
Do seedlings need fertilizer? The short answer is yes. While seeds have enough power inside themselves to germinate, the nutrients essential to healthy growth aren’t usually present in soil. In fact, the problems that small seedlings suffer from can often be traced back to a lack of nutrients."
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/should-you-fertilize-seedlings.htm

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

I would work on getting a consistent PH and moisture level in your media with a small amount of nutirents. And expect that plant to be well developed in about 25 days. You don't want dry zones in it. I don't think 1 gallon of water is enough water. If that's all you're mixing up.
So I've been giving them 250 mils of water when I do, is that not enough? I planted in a bigger pot, so I thought adding less water would avoid over watering, I usually water right around the stem till its wet but not soaked

Top Bottom