Help with my plants please

• Thread starter Marcmiller32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

"But once seeds have germinated and broken through the surface of the soil or growing media as seedlings, they all need sunlight to grow."
Do seedlings need fertilizer? The short answer is yes. While seeds have enough power inside themselves to germinate, the nutrients essential to healthy growth aren’t usually present in soil. In fact, the problems that small seedlings suffer from can often be traced back to a lack of nutrients."
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/should-you-fertilize-seedlings.htm
I would work on getting a consistent PH and moisture level in your media with a small amount of nutirents. And expect that plant to be well developed in about 25 days. You don't want dry zones in it. I don't think 1 gallon of water is enough water. If that's all you're mixing up.
I try to get my ph around 6-7 usually more towards 6.8 is what I do

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

coco pH is 5.5
Soil is 6.3 - 6.5

Get all of it wet when you water. ALL of it. You need to give it enough so that it starts coming out of the bottom. Catch that runoff because you need to test it to find out out much your plant is eating so you don't over feed.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i see dirt on the floor? when growing you really need to keep things clean!!!
try to stay in top of that!
better for the plants and your equipment

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

coco pH is 5.5
Soil is 6.3 - 6.5

Get all of it wet when you water. ALL of it. You need to give it enough so that it starts coming out of the bottom. Catch that runoff because you need to test it to find out out much your plant is eating so you don't over feed.
Ok I'll up the watering for sure then

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You need a tester. You can get a really nice one from BlueLabs for an arm and half a leg, or you can get a couple of cheapos online that are just as accurate, just not as durable.

You want one for pH, ppms\ and EC

Do not get it wet past the blue line.

PH pen
Ponky

Ponky

So I've been giving them 250 mils of water when I do, is that not enough? I planted in a bigger pot, so I thought adding less water would avoid over watering, I usually water right around the stem till its wet but not soaked
Well now that you're watering questions are answers you should be on track. Let them drink and soon they'll be nice.

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

What about nutes how often should I feed them? Kinda been stressed about that, it all gets a bit confusing, trying to take all this in at once haha, just want my girls to be healthy! And avoid long term problems

Marcmiller32

Marcmiller32

What about nutes how often should I feed them? Kinda been stressed about that, it all gets a bit confusing, trying to take all this in at once haha, just want my girls to be healthy! And avoid long term problems
I know what my doses are just not the schedule, should I stick with once a week like advised?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you have rules for coco that are different from soil.

someone posted a nice thread on coco, i recommend you ACTUALLY READ THAT!

it says a lot, but it says THIS:

"Ok here is how we calculate it simply to your specific grow conditions, stage of growth, pot size and every other variable. You will never need to wonder am I feeding to much or to little again.

The formula:

1.Feed 5% of the pot size as your nutrient solution.
2. Of that we want 10-20% to come out as run off.
3. If you get more you can lower the frequency.
4. If we get less we need to increase the frequency and for that feed we need to add more to get our run off.

So I will do the calculations up to 5gal below to save you all some time. Feed the amount listed and check to make sure you get runoff of the amount listed from there adjust to dial in the feedings as they will change as the plants grow.

REMEMBER THIS IS A GUIDLINE AND NOT A HARD RULE. Our goal is to get as close as reasonably possible. It's not gonna kill your plants if its not exact.

I'm gonna round up.

1gal. Feed 250ml get 25-50ml of runoff

2gal. Feed 500ml get 50-100ml of runoff.

3gal. Feed 750ml get 75-150ml of runoff.

5 gal Feed 1litre get 100-200ml of runoff.

By doing this your plant will tell you how often you should be watering for best results."

the community is helping, but you need to at least read what they put out there.

it also answers most of the other questions. just try to read it then try what it says then post if that helped

Top Bottom