Help with nitrogen issue in veg

• Thread starter NrthTaylor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Have two cookies kush plants vegging out to become moms. Temp 74-77 humidity around 50%. 1 gallon fabric pots. 70/30 coco perlite. They were doing fine and then after feeding them 1 tbsp dry amendments 4-4-4 they turned dark green and shiny within a week and now their growth has completely stopped. This is my first organic grow and I've seen lots of people saying not to flush. I want to fix these plants and just want to know if flushing will actually fix my problem since there slow release nutes in the soil. Thanks.

Help with nitrogen issue in veg
NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

They're watered only when dry and I dont water to run off. They got roughly 1000ml two days ago. I'm using gaia green all purpose. If I flush, will it actually flush the amendments out? I've never used these nutrients before and it's very hard to find any info on flushing using these types of amendments. Thanks.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

The root temp shouldn't have changed since they've been out of the dome. They went right from clones into 1 gallon pots. They did really well up to the top dress.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Overly dark, shiny leaves and the slowed/stopped growth sounds like overwatering. Still very possible to do even in soilless media!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It will wash the available nutrients out but more will replace those... over fed but underwatered is what I'm thinking. Imo don't let coco dry.... if doing organic keep it in the moist but don't have to water to runoff.

With that said since you over ferted a bit of runoff will prob help.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

I will give them a decent flush in the morning and lightly amend later in the day. Thank you guys!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That could be the reason for the tox signs... maybe not over ferted but if you let it dry the nutrients concentrate in the media as the plant takes up water and evaporation... that can really increase the concentration.

I have not done organic coco. But with 70/30 in a 1 gal fabric pot I find it very hard to think overwatering.

I would try watering to get some runoff daily at least... don't let the top dry out... when you see it go light brown the water to get some runoff for now.

Typically you don't want runoff but in this case it may help ya

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

It will wash the available nutrients out but more will replace those... over fed but underwatered is what I'm thinking. Imo don't let coco dry.... if doing organic keep it in the moist but don't have to water to runoff.

With that said since you over ferted a bit of runoff will prob help.

The truth right here, never ever ever let coco dry. Personally I find soil easier to do full organic with, soilless media can be tricky to get the balance right.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The truth here, never ever ever let coco dry. Personally I find soil easier to do full organic with, soilless media can be tricky to get the balance right.
Yup 100% agree. Coco can be done but from my knowledge is quite bit more finicky and can be challenging. But I will be trying after my next grow.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

These are clones off seeds. The seeded plants are a week or two from chop. They went from unfertilized solo cups to amended 3 gallon at about 3 weeks. I never had any problems through veg, they grew amazing. I've been saturating each watering and then letting them dry out completely. I read about the keeping it moist and tried it for a week and it seemed to slow the growth down. I notice the major increase in growth usually the day before the get watered again. The ones in the picture are definitely wet though, the top is dry but the bottom is wet enough to be leaving wet marks everywhere they sit

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

If flushing them doesn't fix the issue I'll probably just transplant them to 3 gallon on Monday.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Yup 100% agree. Coco can be done but from my knowledge is quite bit more finicky and can be challenging. But I will be trying after my next grow.
I think some people make Coco out to be way more difficult that it really is and that makes other people scared of trying it :-)
You'll be killing it going Coco Aquaman, I'm sure of that 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think some people make Coco out to be way more difficult that it really is and that makes other people scared of trying it :-)
My last grow was 1 gal coco start to finish... other than my own drunken stupidity I was very pleased with coco and will be staying in it

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

I flushed with 2 gallons each. The second gallon had microbes in it to hopefully avoid throwing a deficiency. They look a little better but I think they're going to need a transplant. I really don't want to lose the one pheno lol

Madmax

Madmax

I got a couple plants outside and half the time pots been light as and havnt had any probs..im even feeding them runoff from the plants indoors lol..i dont check ppm of runoff or ph.i think its best not to look lol..just read the plants...id prolly get a shock if i checked ,but i think plants behave alot better outdoors than in..i will run some gals outside nxt yr .growing in coco is for dummies haha...

fishbuds

fishbuds

I dont grow in coco, yet. But, anything I grow with cookies in it, has no problem finding nitrogen. They are always the first ones to go dark when i hit the nitro.

Just a thought, as your plants look fine, to me.

Top Bottom