Help with organic grow, yellowing leaves?

• Thread starter TerpiestToker420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Sup ladies and gentlgrowers so I've always ran coco and soil and figured I'd give organic a try and it's not working out so well the leaves are yellowing and almost looking like either a calcium deficiency or they're hungry, they are feminized strawberry papaya seeds and I'm using Maine's finest organic amended soil, haven't been ph my water like they say to do with organic and it usually comes in at 7.8... I'm sourcing my water from a natural spring artesian well from my parents house out in the country which is great water although very high in iron, I do have access to city water tho but don't like using it because of all the extra chemicals added to treat it. The plants are in 5 gallon fabric pots and have been vegging in them on 18/6 for about a month and a half they looked great for the first 3 weeks and then went downhill could it be possible they have already used up all the nutrients in this soil I figured it would get me atleast through veg and most of flowering? What do you guys think because I'm ready to pull clones and start over and regular soil but figured I'd try to see if anyone knows what's going on before I take that route, any tips would be greatly appreciated thanks 🤙

Help with organic grow yellowing leaves
Help with organic grow yellowing leaves 2
Help with organic grow yellowing leaves 3
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

how often are you watering are you giving it a dry cycle between watering ?
Yeah I thought that might be my issue I have been letting them dry out completely in between waterings, could this be killing off my microbes ?

Lockebox

Lockebox

Yeah I thought that might be my issue I have been letting them dry out completely in between waterings, could this be killing off my microbes ?
Maybe not killing them off but definitely slowing them down and causing a dormancy in their populations. I'm probably not the one to listen to but I'd probably be watering those plants every single day just enough to resaturate the pot and pull some fresh oxygen down to the root zone keeping everything moist and oxygenated

Lockebox

Lockebox

I would also feed them. Do you have organic dry amendments? I think you're right and they've about burnt through the nutrients in their pots due to the five gallon holding capacity. You can transplant them and give them fresh amended soil to grow into or top dress them with a product like Gaia green or down to earth. I wouldn't pull the plug if it was me, you should have seen my organic 1 gallon grow a few weeks ago... Your plants look green compared to it 😂

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

I would also feed them. Do you have organic dry amendments? I think you're right and they've about burnt through the nutrients in their pots due to the five gallon holding capacity. You can transplant them and give them fresh amended soil to grow into or top dress them with a product like Gaia green or down to earth. I wouldn't pull the plug if it was me, you should have seen my organic 1 gallon grow a few weeks ago... Your plants look green compared to it 😂
Will do thanks for the reassurance prob gonna give dry amendments a shot, now if these freaking autos would get done so I can flip em that would be nice they're taking forever 😩

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Just curious, is that a Trichocereus and/or Marigolds in the background? 👍
Ya they are court jester marigolds, they help keep the knats at bay I think and are super easy to grow.. and yep that's my tricho i grew from seed he's the only survivor out of about 50 I had going that developed a bad incurable fungle infection so had to toss em all besides this one

Top Bottom