Help with PH levels

• Thread starter Cgrower95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cgrower95

Cgrower95

So I made a newbie mistake (was kinda high at the time) but I mixed my nutes in distilled water and forgot to PH my water and of course nutes drop the PH way low. So I realized right after I tested my run off that I fucked up, well in the heat of the moment I just took some distilled water (PH 6.9-7.1) and flushed it and I got my run off up to PH 5.8. This is on my auto btw, but will it be okay till next watering when I can get the PH right?

2Bad

2Bad

So I made a newbie mistake (was kinda high at the time) but I mixed my nutes in distilled water and forgot to PH my water and of course nutes drop the PH way low. So I realized right after I tested my run off that I fucked up, well in the heat of the moment I just took some distilled water (PH 6.9-7.1) and flushed it and I got my run off up to PH 5.8. This is on my auto btw, but will it be okay till next watering when I can get the PH right?
PH is just a zone in which the certain nutes are absorbed better ph doesnt kill a plant nutrient deficiency which happens after a long period of incorrect PH

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

If you flushed with distilled water to get the runoff PH in range then you should feed as usual with PH adjusted nutrient mix otherwise your plants will have no nutrients until the next watering. This would be bad for peat based mixes but might be ok in coco if you are feeding frequently. You will probably see a calcium and or magnesium deficiency start within a day if your lights are strong and the medium is nutrient void.

Cgrower95

Cgrower95

If you flushed with distilled water to get the runoff PH in range then you should feed as usual with PH adjusted nutrient mix otherwise your plants will have no nutrients until the next watering. This would be bad for peat based mixes but might be ok in coco if you are feeding frequently. You will probably see a calcium and or magnesium deficiency start within a day if your lights are strong and the medium is nutrient void.
I checked the ppm it was 1400 so figured it would be good in that range

Cgrower95

Cgrower95

I feed maybe twice a week if that and using ocean Forrest soil, I have some cal mag if anything gets outta whack

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo dont bother phing your nutes in that soil. It's amended with peat and lime to hold a certain ph range in the media already.

And the ph of distilled water is not remotely relevant, it's extremely unstable as it has no buffer

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think your ok as long as your using the fish shit, it should pH it up naturally again. Be sure, if your using fish shit, to restrain phosphorus during flower. You won't need nearly as much, cause you'll be savaging it better. Nitrifying bacteria, and high phosphorus needs to be handled with great diligence.

Never allow your phosphate level during flower to kill off your bacterial process, that the main Achilles heel of what your using, IMO. Your pH is a moving target. Keep your microbes happy, healthy.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I checked the ppm it was 1400 so figured it would be good in that range
In FFOF you should be fine without feeding again. If there are no nutrients you would be amazed how fast things go south but your media definitely still has plenty in it.

Cgrower95

Cgrower95

Yeah I check the PPM and PH of my run off every watering that's how I realized I fucked up and forgot to PH my nutes lol and I keep my ppm around 1200-1400 in flowering and 600-800 veg. I try and stay on top of things

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Yeah I check the PPM and PH of my run off every watering that's how I realized I fucked up and forgot to PH my nutes lol and I keep my ppm around 1200-1400 in flowering and 600-800 veg. I try and stay on top of things
Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. Aqua Man is right though, most all peat based mixes are PH adjusted with lime so as long as you arent reusing the media then you would be surprised what can go in without affecting the plants negatively (PH 7.9 tap water for instance). Reusing media is just a case of adding a bit of lime, peat is naturally acidic so it needs to be buffered.

Top Bottom