Help with possible herm plant

• Thread starter hwp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hwp

hwp

Hello all,

This node was just cut from a plant that is 27 days into flowering. I believe this is a hermaphrodite flower, but would like confirmation. As I say, I cut it off and took it from the room and opened it up and it had the golden powder in it, so I'm worried about the 4 other plants.

So here is a photo from three angles. Can someone please confirm this is in fact a case of the plant sprouting both gender? At 27 days, what is my best course of action?

I found one other node like this on one of the other plants.

By way of history, the two that had this characteristic were both stressed in early life - that is they got to hot under too dry conditions and had to be rescued. They were, however, fully recovered by the time I put them into flowering - though have always been shorter than the others, which were not stressed.

Appreciate any advice - it otherwise looks to be a good harvest and I would hate to have it go south.

OL,
Himslef

Haich01
Haich02
Haich3
Thunderstrut

Thunderstrut

Im pretty new so take this with a grain of salt, but that looks like nanners, which would be a hermi.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yes hermi. Kill it or alternatively if you want to try and save it you can wet and cut the balls off and see if they return. If not then keep flowering it. If they come back kill it for sure.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That plant looks like a straight out hermie. I would kill it ASAP.

Sometimes, about 7 or more weeks into flower, a plant will pop a few nanners. When that happens, you can often just tweeze the nanners out of the buds and grow it to maturity.

That isn't the case here. These are balls with a bunch of nanners inside (aka anthers).

hwp

hwp

Thanks to all three of you for your input.

After looking the plant over carefully I found several more of these little blighters, so I pulled it out of the tent.

Cheers.

jamk911

jamk911

Nanners. Thats a fullblown male flower lol..
If its just 1 or 2 cut em off and see how it goes

hillbil

hillbil

Never have granted mercy to a herm that shows in 4 weeks. I run perpetual and a hermie can do lots of damage very quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom