Help with possible powdery mildew issues.

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

My first indoor grow and I think I have powdery mildew on both girls. Humidity kept between 45-50% temps between 74-82 f Both autos in 5gal fabric pots. 57 and 50 days old. Never over watered never seen a drop of dew or mist on any leaves. 3x4x6 grow tent with 6” exhaust vent fan running 24 at 50% and 3 additional fans blowing over under and through the canopy. Probably hard to see in pics but just a few leaves with baby powder looking spot just on top of leaves. What should I do to save them?Thanks for any help

Help with possible powdery mildew issues
Help with possible powdery mildew issues 2
Help with possible powdery mildew issues 3
Help with possible powdery mildew issues 4
Help with possible powdery mildew issues 5
Help with possible powdery mildew issues 6
OzarkMike

OzarkMike

Maybe but don’t panic. Go to Ef Rosenthal’s website he recently posted an article about this and had an easy organic fix using some kind of potassium. If I can find it I’ll link here if that’s okay. Nothing is bad if you catch it in time.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Flying Skull Nuke Em. Expensive but worth it. Spray to eliminate the powdery mildew. Then weekly use baking soda, low sudsing soap and water as a preventative.

KeystoneHempNursery

KeystoneHempNursery

Making the Cut
Supporter
Solacure Flower Power UVb supplemental bulbs will help this as well as other pathogens/ pests while increasing your resin and terpene content.

Currently, there are no LEDs that have uvb spectrum; only UVA. Which isn’t efficient without both in combination.

Trifecta Crop Control is a three way insecticide, fungicide, & miticide. It’s used as a foliar and is very effective. Safer to use compared to most other products.

remove larger fan leaf foliage near the bottom as will as infected leaves to help increase light & air flow thru the canopy.

lmk if you have any questions, if you are aggressive early on you can successfully overcome this

77B4EC22 4A77 49F3 83F7 5C17B067FA54
E6E32F8B 99A9 4B9D 8C7A 92DDDE29BAAC
5E67D794 78E1 463E B26A AF51E38A1AB1
Foster823

Foster823

Solacure Flower Power UVb supplemental bulbs will help this as well as other pathogens/ pests while increasing your resin and terpene content.

Currently, there are no LEDs that have uvb spectrum; only UVA. Which isn’t efficient without both in combination.

Trifecta Crop Control is a three way insecticide, fungicide, & miticide. It’s used as a foliar and is very effective. Safer to use compared to most other products.

remove larger fan leaf foliage near the bottom as will as infected leaves to help increase light & air flow thru the canopy.

lmk if you have any questions, if you are aggressive early on you can successfully overcome this

Thanks for all the feedback and help

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I too have dealt with this. Agreeing with the poster above... Trifecta organic spray. It takes commitment and determination to eradicate this. As soon as your grow is over everything needs to be torn down and cleaned. Number one cause of this is high humidity hot temps and poor air exchange. Correct those probs, and never enter your garden after having been outside. Good luck!

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

your rh could be spiking when the lights go out if your not running a dehumidier and causing this had this issue before and didnt even consider that, im no pro but i wouldnt spray anything at this point other than maybe milk/ or maybe diluted peroxide i wouldnt want any of that other stuff in my smoke..

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

your rh could be spiking when the lights go out if your not running a dehumidier and causing this had this issue before and didnt even consider that, im no pro but i wouldnt spray anything at this point other than maybe milk/ or maybe diluted peroxide i wouldnt want any of that other stuff in my smoke..
and proxide dunk the buds after chopping will take care of tht pm if it doesnt get too bad ive heard you can slow down and even kill pm by running 90+ temps for 6 hours i just turned the intake off for like 4 hours when i thought i had pm

Foster823

Foster823

Thanks everyone for your feedback and assistance. Couldn’t find any recommend products at local garden sho so order. Question about neem oil. Would that work also?

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Get some Milstop from Bioworks that's small enough to easily control. It's potassium bicarbonate and it's not phytotoxic and it's approved for cannabis in Canada. And bump that temperature up to 85 86 degrees. This isn't theoretical this is how I've been controlling it since last November. Had a few spots here and there but nothing Milstop didn't eradicate. And I'm pretty sure the plants like the potassium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom