Help with seedling

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hey guys (I hope I'm posting in the right area as it has been a while).

I've just started a single Auto Purple plant from Pyramid Seeds and it's pretty slow in growth as well as having some visual warning signs. It's in a coco coir / peat moss / perlite mix with a little added dolomite lime. It's been 2' 4' under 2x24w cool/natural CFL's with adequate airflow and indirect fan movement.

A few days ago I noticed that the first set of true leaves were drooping / curling just a little and that it seemed drained slightly of colour - going from healthy green to a yellower shade. There also appears to be some discolouration on the leaves, with tiny rust / dark brown spots appearing. PH is sitting at 6.7 at the moment so I'm wondering if it is a little high.

I've watered the plant twice now, first around a week ago and then today with 1/4 strength power-feed (organic fertiliser) as I thought it may be a nutrient deficiency. I'm wondering if it however actually may be overwatering as she is in a large pot. Plant is now 11 days old.

Any assistance or help would be appreciated and I'm happy to provide any other relevant details.

Help with seedling
Help with seedling 2
Help with seedling 3
Help with seedling 4
Help with seedling 5
Nugg

Nugg

Ppl start in cups because it's easier to water and not over water or dry out to much..

Kepp89

Kepp89

imo it looks fine but if anything itd be underwatered moving forward because of the big pot. the soil will be over watered but the plant will be under watered because it cant use the water if it cant reach it. and the soil will hold it if its not being used by the roots, which makes it appear you don't need to water thus leading to under watered. try using a dropper to water so you only water maybe 1/4 of the thickness of the soil and gradually use more water as days go on.

and you shouldnt need any nutes this early. unless your soil is ded as dead can be.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Thanks guys - definitely start out in smaller pots next time for this reason. Seems to be doing a bit better after the water / minute feed yesterday.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks a little burned from underwatering and nutes too early to me. I would drip fresh water around it to see if it perks up. Moist but not soggy.

lemons

lemons

Fresh water til your cotyledons yellow. Trying to diagnose things at the first set of true leaves is the grower version of helicopter mom, make sure it’s not too dry or too wet it will likely grow out of anything you’re worried about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom