Help with seedlings something wrong..

• Thread starter Morde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Morde

Hi my seedlings are on 2 days on 20/4 - 2x36 flourscent lights i've made 2 experiments with old seeds and they ran great,but the one i bought from Dutch Passion aren't going well.Like i said the are 2 days old fom potting on 20/4 and with the ones i made the experiment they have started green from the first 12-16 hours of light.The seed itself was with not so good germ/root i soak them 24 hours in water then by the 8 day they were little not very little but little....The old ones that are not fem and are randon got very big germ/roots really confused.The potting soil is Klassman TS3 specially for planting and young plants i made the experiment with it and it worked fine for 20 seedlings only 1 died .Please help for so many years it is the first time i see a thing like that.

One is yellow and still not growing.Maybe i'm just stressed but it's 2 days now and i don't know...first thing like this.Thanks!
Also i water them with a spray bottle and i saw that only the top gets watered and not down so i now water them the old way with a bottle.
Help with seedlings something wrong
Help with seedlings something wrong 2
Help with seedlings something wrong 3
Help with seedlings something wrong 4
Help with seedlings something wrong 5

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

first off ,that soil is way to wet,go about 3 to 4 inches away from plant and give just a tad of water,your gonna damp them off way your going,second ,they havent shed there shell yet,just keep the shell a little moist to help the [plant shed it,dont try to take it off,you begging for disaster,just a drop on it once a day till it sheds,far as watering goes,it a baby,your drenching your whole pot and the root is only about a inch long right now,but if you keep water along that stem they will rot at base and die,make the roots search for the water,i havent ever heard of the soil you using so cant say,but soil is soil if it has any nutrients already in it,dont feed anything but water,here is a tip for you when you start feeding the plant,take the same size pot you have and fill with your soil,weigh it,document it,then take your pot with plant weigh it,when the pot is at the last third of a empty pot ,then water it,dont have to water to runoff either,then when you get tired of weighing them,take same plan and lean a empty pot towards you,feel the weight ,then do same for a plant that you think needs water and lean it,i bet you feel you didnt need to water after all,that is the make or break of a great grow,over watering and under watering,you will see what im talking about when you do it,any plant can be used this way,also keep in mind the baby is just that,as long as it healthy dont try to super charge it thinking it not growing,when it gets legs under it it will blast off,last tip,18/6 is ideal even a plant has to sleep and that when it up takes it minerals,anyway hope this helps a bit,just trying to help and my advice doesnt need to be set in stone and others have difrent method that might suit you better,good luck

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

first off ,that soil is way to wet,go about 3 to 4 inches away from plant and give just a tad of water,your gonna damp them off way your going,second ,they havent shed there shell yet,just keep the shell a little moist to help the [plant shed it,dont try to take it off,you begging for disaster,just a drop on it once a day till it sheds,far as watering goes,it a baby,your drenching your whole pot and the root is only about a inch long right now,but if you keep water along that stem they will rot at base and die,make the roots search for the water,i havent ever heard of the soil you using so cant say,but soil is soil if it has any nutrients already in it,dont feed anything but water,here is a tip for you when you start feeding the plant,take the same size pot you have and fill with your soil,weigh it,document it,then take your pot with plant weigh it,when the pot is at the last third of a empty pot ,then water it,dont have to water to runoff either,then when you get tired of weighing them,take same plan and lean a empty pot towards you,feel the weight ,then do same for a plant that you think needs water and lean it,i bet you feel you didnt need to water after all,that is the make or break of a great grow,over watering and under watering,you will see what im talking about when you do it,any plant can be used this way,also keep in mind the baby is just that,as long as it healthy dont try to super charge it thinking it not growing,when it gets legs under it it will blast off,last tip,18/6 is ideal even a plant has to sleep and that when it up takes it minerals,anyway hope this helps a bit,just trying to help and my advice doesnt need to be set in stone and others have difrent method that might suit you better,good luck
I agree 100% with this.
you need to let your soil dry out a good bit between waterings.not completely of course.i also suggest starting seeds in small cups and not transplanting plants with small root balls into big pots of soil.for example dont jump from a wee half litre seedling pot with a small seedling into a 2 gallon pot of wet soil.i mean I'm not saying someone who understands growing in soil couldn't do that but I don't do that and I would advise a new grower not too, at least until they understand wet /dry cycles and how to encourage better,faster root growth .the more healthy roots your plant has the healthier the plant will be and the faster it will grow.
Oldskol4evr has gave you bang on advice.

M

Morde

I agree 100% with this.
you need to let your soil dry out a good bit between waterings.not completely of course.i also suggest starting seeds in small cups and not transplanting plants with small root balls into big pots of soil.for example dont jump from a wee half litre seedling pot with a small seedling into a 2 gallon pot of wet soil.i mean I'm not saying someone who understands growing in soil couldn't do that but I don't do that and I would advise a new grower not too, at least until they understand wet /dry cycles and how to encourage better,faster root growth .the more healthy roots your plant has the healthier the plant will be and the faster it will grow.
Oldskol4evr has gave you bang on advice.

They are 0.8 liters... it's not that big.k thanks guys i will continue like you said.Thanks!!

M

Morde

Thank you for that advice really i will use it .But my fear is that when i bottle spray them that soil - THE TOP get dried 5-7 hours after that and doens't really get much deeper in the pot just stays water on the top and when i tickle the soil a little it is dry underneath in the deep.So i was thinking maybe the roots doesn't get enough water so i watered it that way.The last thing is i tried with random seeds and all got green leafes about a day and this the Dutch passion seeds which i was thinking are the bomb get that result and i'm just frustrated.I made 2 experiments with that soil and all of them were going super.The seeds are autoflower - Think Different and Auto Ultimate do you think that this thing will affect them later and stop them from getting Super autos real big ....I was looking at forums and saw a few guys getting 250+ from AU and about 150-200 from TD....I'm a little dissapointed.This is the first time this happens to me.

So how to water them not on the stem but 3-4 inches around them like u say.Really apprecite your help.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Hey man I posted earlier that my seeds didn’t look right. And I had the same problem you have and it grew out of it, now it is looking very good see, 2nd one might be a runt seed

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy!

This is why I still use the oldschool method of germinating seeds. Wet paper towel in a plastic ziplock bag or plastic wrap, and leave on top of my fridge or someplace relatively warm. Once they have an inch or two of root, then they get planted into a red solo cup sized container, or whatever medium you intend on growing.

Like others said, don't water too frequently. Cannabis roots need oxygen, so you have to let your soil dry out a little between watering. Yellowing and drooping leaves are early symptoms. Keep watering too often and you get root rot, which is a much bigger problem.

Follow olskol4evr's advice on lifting your pots to check. I would also recommend sticking your fingers down into the soil a good inch or two and stirring the top inches of soil gently but thoroughly, once every day. This does a couple of things. First, it gives you an idea of how moist or dry the root zone may be, so you can tell if it's time to water. Second, it helps aerate the root zone. Third, it prevent pests such as spider mites from living in your soil. Bugs don't like to live in soil that's disturbed every day. I was a nurseryman for years and that was my job at first just going around stirring dirt all day on every plant.

Any other questions don't be afraid to ask, we are happy to help! Welcome to the farm, partner!

Reactions: NGA
FTCG

FTCG

Sit back a relax. They are fine, even the last pic which is a bit hard to seed. The seed husks are stong on these ones, you can pop them off with your fingers to aid.

They all have a nice thick stem and eveh with the amount of water I see here, there is no way these sturdy seedlings are going to damp off.

Don't over think it, you are good. I would just let them be and practice a bit of patience.

Madbud

Madbud

You can place a glass over them to increase humidity, they look ok to me. How close is the light, couple inches is fine. I would NOT try to remove the seed case, rarely successful.

M

Morde

So do you think this will prevent them from growing on big autos ?

mancorn

mancorn

I've noticed that if the round leaves (known as cotyledons) get messed up (or stick together and brown out like in your photo) it takes a lot longer for the plant to get going. You'll just have to be patient.

Totally agree about keeping the pot size in relationship to the plant size. If the pot is too large it will never dry out, so don't go big on the pot until the plant is big.

Plant on left had the cotyledons stuck together by the seed shell lining

Couple weeks later it was about half the size (on right)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
M

Morde

So does anyone think thiss will affect them since they are autoflowers and have something of a time in their genetics ? Please!! :D axaxa Thanks all for the info they are going well now not all of them but 6-7

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

So does anyone think thiss will affect them since they are autoflowers and have something of a time in their genetics ? Please!! :D axaxa Thanks all for the info they are going well now not all of them but 6-7
Depends sometimes the yields can be less when it’s damaged or something happens otherwise I think your good!

Top Bottom