Help with Sex ID Plz

• Thread starter atxfarmboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
atxfarmboi

atxfarmboi

First grow newb here. Planted a random seed in early July and having fun.

Betsy is in early flowering and I need help figuring out if what I am seeing are pollen sacs or not (which would make The plant a hermie).

I thought these things were pollen sacs at first. But then I found one with a white hair coming out.

Please help!

Help with sex id plz
Help with sex id plz 2
Help with sex id plz 3
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First grow newb here. Planted a random seed in early July and having fun.

Betsy is in early flowering and I need help figuring out if what I am seeing are pollen sacs or not (which would make The plant a hermie).

I thought these things were pollen sacs at first. But then I found one with a white hair coming out.

Please help!
Male... wait to confirm a few days to a week tops.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont see any pistils. Can you take a close up of the hairs you seen? Maybe my eyes are bad but I only see male preflowers.

Madmax

Madmax

Theres hairs there bro..in the second pic above the circle and 3rd pic below the circle..are you munching on a gummy šŸ˜„

Madmax

Madmax

I knew something was wrong šŸ˜ƒ..Was going to say time to go to spec savers..
my eyes getting bad too bro.luckily im on an 10' tablet i can zoom in..

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Definitely a herm, I wouldn't try the plucking method because they are always sneaky and you'll likely miss a few. Best to chop it now.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Yea, you got yourself a hermie.

I agree with @Chad.Westport up to a point, specifically that it is easy to miss a nanner or two (not to mention they will likely keep appearing). On the other hand, what exactly is your situation? Are there other plants at stake, or is this a single plant just from a random bagseed? If you or someone else have other plants in the vicinity definitely get rid of it as they will almost certainly be compromised.

At the same time, if it is just one plant that you are having fun with, continue to monitor for and remove all sacs you find, and you'll get some useful product in the end.

Even more significantly, this is a chance to learn A LOT about how to manage a weed grow, and all without a lot of material investment at stake. A lot of growers early on get a bit overly enthusiastic and really try to "swing for the fences" with a first grow, but end up facing problems that they are not equipped to contend with and fail miserably. Better off learning with a problematic plant on a very small scale.

Last thing to fill out my two cents on the matter: you will almost certainly get some seeds (maybe a lot of them), but you DEFINITELY don't want to perpetuate these genetics. It will be tempting to crack a few or distribute to friends for the fun of it, but just get rid of them completely - I'm serious, meaning literally throw them DOWN THE DRAIN. If you've caught the grow-bug (how could you not!) start over with fresh, stable genetics.

Some here will disagree with my advice to embrace this as a learning opportunity, but literally everyone reading this with any experience at all will agree that these genes should ultimately be taken out of circulation one way or another.

Vesti

atxfarmboi

atxfarmboi

Yea, you got yourself a hermie.

I agree with @Chad.Westport up to a point, specifically that it is easy to miss a nanner or two (not to mention they will likely keep appearing). On the other hand, what exactly is your situation? Are there other plants at stake, or is this a single plant just from a random bagseed? If you or someone else have other plants in the vicinity definitely get rid of it as they will almost certainly be compromised.

At the same time, if it is just one plant that you are having fun with, continue to monitor for and remove all sacs you find, and you'll get some useful product in the end.

Even more significantly, this is a chance to learn A LOT about how to manage a weed grow, and all without a lot of material investment at stake. A lot of growers early on get a bit overly enthusiastic and really try to "swing for the fences" with a first grow, but end up facing problems that they are not equipped to contend with and fail miserably. Better off learning with a problematic plant on a very small scale.

Last thing to fill out my two cents on the matter: you will almost certainly get some seeds (maybe a lot of them), but you DEFINITELY don't want to perpetuate these genetics. It will be tempting to crack a few or distribute to friends for the fun of it, but just get rid of them completely - I'm serious, meaning literally throw them DOWN THE DRAIN. If you've caught the grow-bug (how could you not!) start over with fresh, stable genetics.

Some here will disagree with my advice to embrace this as a learning opportunity, but literally everyone reading this with any experience at all will agree that these genes should ultimately be taken out of circulation one way or another.

Vesti

What an awesome response. I really appreciate the thought you put in here. Iā€™m going to keep it thru harvest and will not continue the genetics per your suggestion. Iā€™ve definitely caught the bug and will buy feminized seeds moving forward.

This started out as a ā€œletā€™s see what happensā€ type of deal and is seemingly turning into a ā€œfor the rest of my lifeā€ type of thing

cheers

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

What an awesome response. I really appreciate the thought you put in here. Iā€™m going to keep it thru harvest and will not continue the genetics per your suggestion. Iā€™ve definitely caught the bug and will buy feminized seeds moving forward.

This started out as a ā€œletā€™s see what happensā€ type of deal and is seemingly turning into a ā€œfor the rest of my lifeā€ type of thing

cheers
Glad to hear you've been seduced by these green gals!

Now might be a good time to get ahold of some beans or cuts to start cultivating indoors for the winter, or at least researching what it is you would like to grow. An indoor setup on a small scale doesn't have to be expensive - you could pick up a small 2x2 tent, a workable light, and some odor control for around the price of a zip, and even a mediocre grow will save more than enough money to pay for itself with the first harvest.

The trick when researching is to figure out how to suss out and ignore all the gimmicky shit; just keep it simple with the first grow, and build on that subsequently. You'll get lots of great advice here.

Top Bottom