Help with this little gorl

• Thread starter Brian_E.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brian_E.

Brian_E.

I just started my first grow. This little girl is about two weeks old. I'm using a Walmart special led grow light with a led daylight bulb. The light's are about one and a half feet from the plant
Help with this little gorl
Help with this little gorl 2
Help with this little gorl 3

It started out pretty good but for a couple day's it's started to droop leaves and the stem is week at the base where it's falling over. The strain is candy Kush. The soil is miracle grow organic. I scooped a little soil around the base to help hold it from falling over.
Help with this little gorl 4
Help with this little gorl 5

Any help with this would help please.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is this a photo or auto plant?

There are two issues here:

1. Seedlings develop long, weak stems when the light is too weak. Your light's usefulness in growing Cannabis is at an end, I'm afraid. It needs a better light or sunlight.

2. Since you have two sets of true leaves already, I think another problem is poor watering technique. If the plant's stem has shriveled in one spot and flopped over, it's dead already, it just doesn't know it yet.

In case the stem is still intact, what you need to do is get it under a much better light. If it shriveled and flopped over, just start over.

Miracle grow is not the greatest choice for soil or nutes, but MG is not why this seedling is in trouble.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
So you have about 16w of light. A window might be better.

If you want to grow, you will need a few things.

A light is a must. You can get a great light for a small area for about $100. There is a community member, @SpiderFarmerLED who has discount codes for spider farmer lights lots of people love them.

I like viparspectra xs or even p series

VIPARSPECTRA Upgraded Spectrum Dimmable

Theres a sale on these and that makes the 100w about $60 or the 150w for about $90.

And you will need a way to give her a 12 hour total dark period when she needs to flower.

For this you can get a tent or use a closet, cabinet, big box... but you will have to control darkness, no leaks, no mishaps.

Air, at a minimum, a fan to move air...

If you just want to see, put this in a window. At this late in the year, depending on where you are, not a great chance for success unless you can control light and especially dark periods

Ponky

Ponky

I've used similar bulbs in a pinch. I cut off the plastic bulb cover. And let the LEDs shine directly on the seedlings. Cut off that bulb cover close to the base to up the photon output.

Brian_E.

Brian_E.

The thing is im disabled do to having PPMS for almost 16 years and I was taking about 12 script's 3 - 4 times a day. I have to use a Foley cathater. Over the last few years I have been in and out of the hospital do to health issues including having septis 5 times. I come to find out that alot of the medication was screwing around with my blood cell count and immune system. The disease is also an auto immune disease on top of it. About 1 1/2 years ago I stopped taking the meds all together do to I found out it was not helping at all. On 4/20/21 I tried some smoke from a friend and come to find it helps with so much and more.
I live off of disability from the state and what I make pretty much spent on living conditions (bills,food,living,etc.) I'm trying to figure out the best possible way to afford to grow do to other expenses have to come first. Any help or suggestions would really help out alot.

Thanks to all who help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Give the poor little girl some water please. Just my opinion.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the light you posted is a 60w light, i dont think you will be happy with it.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
maybe go with LED, you look at a lot of extra cost (like the heat they produce) with other lights. but if you go that route, read LOTS AND LOTS about it first

Brian_E.

Brian_E.

Well I discovered why it's falling over so easily is my 4yr old grandson pulled the poor thing out of the dirt and put it back in the same hole it came out of. I read up on it and put it in some water with a tad of peroxide. It still has a couple roots hanging on so maybe it might servive. If it does it for sure will be stunted though. Its been in the water since the day after this post was started and it hasn't changed much. Actually looks better.
IMG 20210806 073748443 HDR

On a side note I have been noticing a couple flies around the dirt. How do you get rid of them? They're not normal sized fly's, they're about twice the size of a nat.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
that is a great story, and i could just see a youngun doing just that!

how are the roots now?

the gnats are there for the water! but maybe use one of the yellow sticky papers, they help. someone with critter experience will be by and help.

Brian_E.

Brian_E.

What roots are their are about an inch or so. Cant tell much on the photo. Where the end of the stem where it thins out is the roots.

IMG 20210806 123317492
IMG 20210806 123304872

Latest posts

Top Bottom