Help With Veg Stage Leaf Issues?

• Thread starter El__Duderino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El__Duderino

El__Duderino

Hey all!

First time grower hoping someone can help me figure this out. Spent a lot of time on google, this forum and others, but not really sure that I’ve found anything on point/matching what I’m seeing. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Background: growing a clone outdoors in SF Bay Area in a 15 gallon pot. (Mix of FFOF and Recipe 420.). Moved it outside in mid-late May. Up-potted to the 15 gal end of may. Have top dressed with Espoma Plant-Tone twice. Once a month ago, once a few days ago. (Second time I used a bit less than recommended amount since I figured I was getting kinda close to flowering stage.)

Plant has generally done really well (I think). May have over-pruned some lower growth, but it’s never really stalled out or anything.

Have occasionally snipped a leaf here or there that had some small holes, but they’ve never seemed to spread a lot. (Probably been a month and a half since I did it the first time.).
Noticed that some of my lowest/oldest leaves we’re getting splotches of yellow, and today I saw that the problem seems to be getting a BIT more widespread. (Relatively speaking. Large majority of leaves still seem fine.). Also noticed more leaves with holes in them.

Can’t see any mites or anything on the bottoms of the leaves. Occasionally see spiders crawling around but no webs/infestations as far as I can tell.

Attaching three pics here: one of whole plant, one of a leaf with splotches, and one of leaf with holes.

Like I say, any tips/thoughts would be HUGELY appreciated.

Help with veg stage leaf issues
Help with veg stage leaf issues 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the white specks are probably from leave hoppers, they suck moisture from the leaves when dry out, not a problem and highly unlikely you’ll ever get an infestation on your plants..
overall your plant looks fine!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hopefully Nick is right and you do have a good looking plant but it is on you to get and illuminated loop and inspect the hell out of them. Looks like the damage on mine. I pulled off the fan and looked at it and didn’t see anything till I took it back, laid it on a table, and inspected it under magnification. And there they were! So you have to be sure because the sooner you get after them, the better.You have to get a Loupe for harvest so you might as well get it now. That’s two cents worth. Good luck!

El__Duderino

El__Duderino

Thanks Nick and OC. Appreciate it!

Ordering a loupe in a few.

Hopefully all is well. Was just concerned since it seemed like three different things happening (white specks in pic 1, yellowish splotches in pics 1 and 2, and the holes near the stem in pic 2).

Fingers crossed that all is well and this is just minor stuff that come from being a 3 month old plant!

Take care guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom