Help with Warehouse Design

• Thread starter ReCway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One Flip

One Flip

Im only running 4 plants per 4x4 bed nowadays and have no problem hitting anywhere between 6-8 oz per plant depending on strain (a little over ten oz on my last blue dream run). But I also have upward of a months veg and a shitload of training so thatd be impossible to get the amount of harvests your looking for. Also with hedging your plants like caps lol I think your going to have to ask him the method to his madness
Are you scrogging or just using screen or mesh for support?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I usea chicken wire homemade trellis. Do a little low stress training, top 2 or 3 times and super crop most major branches. And yes also use the trellis as support. So both. This run im also trying cages on a few beds instead of a horizontal trellis. Let yall know how it goes soon

One Flip

One Flip

I usea chicken wire homemade trellis. Do a little low stress training, top 2 or 3 times and super crop most major branches. And yes also use the trellis as support. So both. This run im also trying cages on a few beds instead of a horizontal trellis. Let yall know how it goes soon
Nice, I would appreciate that.. I was just wondering if cages would work so good timing! The extra 6 days of veg is nothing throwing up those kind of #'s.

Are you in straight coco or throwing something else in the mix? I was going to do a 70/30 mix with growstones but the chunky #4 is half the price so I'm rolling with it this time around. I'm hoping to shave a few days off my veg time.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Nice, I would appreciate that.. I was just wondering if cages would work so good timing! The extra 6 days of veg is nothing throwing up those kind of #'s.

Are you in straight coco or throwing something else in the mix? I was going to do a 70/30 mix with growstones but the chunky #4 is half the price so I'm rolling with it this time around. I'm hoping to shave a few days off my veg time.

What up flip I've been running pure coco beds for the past few years but this run I'm changing a few things around, I swapped out 2 beds with cages instead of trellis and swapped out another 2 pure coco beds to a 50/50 hydroton/coco chow mix. I can't say much so far because I'm yet to flip, but the chow mix is killing the pure coco in veg. Almost 20% more growth and I'm able to feed 2 or 3 extra times a day. Unless something goes terribly wrong in flower I think a solid chow mix room is in my near future

One Flip

One Flip

What up flip I've been running pure coco beds for the past few years but this run I'm changing a few things around, I swapped out 2 beds with cages instead of trellis and swapped out another 2 pure coco beds to a 50/50 hydroton/coco chow mix. I can't say much so far because I'm yet to flip, but the chow mix is killing the pure coco in veg. Almost 20% more growth and I'm able to feed 2 or 3 extra times a day. Unless something goes terribly wrong in flower I think a solid chow mix room is in my near future

I just realized that was your gavita thread:)

The veg results sound awesome.. I really believe the additional waterings is key to quick growth.. I'm going to be stalking your threads for the next couple months as I'm about 6 weeks behind;) You still have 4 per 4x4? Do you use blumats, tees or the octo's for watering? If so I'm curious what pump you chose and how your switching from table to table .. I've read jacks octo thread and a few others for blumats ect.. Just curious what you decided on since we're heading in the same direction. As for now I'm just using the canna line.. Keeping it simple.. Once I get the mechanics and environment dialed in I would like to start throwing in some tasty organics.. Beds are new too me as I usually rock trees in big pots..I wish I had 10,000 recs like J May because I would probably follow suit.. Since I'm limited on count I'm really sold on your 4 per tray..

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya itd be nice to have that many recs but at the same time I like keeping my plant numbers under 99. Yup still 4 plants per kw in my beds room. I run 4kw rows each row a single strain and each row is plumbed to its own 100 gallon rez. I do my top feed similiar to jacks with 1" pvc, risers, sediment filter etc. But instead of pepcos octobubbler I use a product similiar but with only 4 outlets and available in the plumbing section at home depot. One 4 outlet head per 4x4 each outlet goes to homemade 16" hydro halos i made each around the crown of each plant. During flower with 50/50 chowmix fed 3 times a day for a minute with a 1100 gph mag drive pump. Im also using heavy 16 base, aptus boosters, and capulators tea weekly. Great results with heavy 16 nutes also

One Flip

One Flip

Case la depot here I come.. I'll check those out.. For the halo's.. if I throw in 4 - 1/4 tees spaced out on the 16 or 18" ring will it still have even flow? Or do I need to use drippers or some sort of ends on them.. If the pump produces good flow I would assume a regular open ended tee would still provide even flow..thanks for the info

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Theres a tool thats a little punch that u can put holes in a manifold with and lists the gph the hole it produces flows at on the label. I have the smallest one they carry, 6 holes per T halo. I forget the size of mine, ill look next time im near it and let you know. Works good for me at 16 plants per pump. Between each run flush heavily and check holes for clogs or build up. Also the 4 dripper head will regulate an even flow to each plant. If using a big pump for more than one aisle id look into installing ball valves on your pvc before each aisle to keep flow in check.

Olyver

Olyver

Doing the halo with 1/4" tees for drip irrigation lines gives good flow. You use 5 tees and 4 are for out flow and the 5th is the feed line. Spaced evenly over the diameter of the tubing is ideal, used these on some big plants and with dozens of electric valves it was awesome. Took a little tweeking but now feeds over 400 plants with 50 solenoid valves. The pots are all on tables so when flushing, multiple times a day the pots can be flushed. I hope to have some pics when I finish.

One Flip

One Flip

Also the 4 dripper head will regulate an even flow to each plant. If using a big pump for more than one aisle id look into installing ball valves on your pvc before each aisle to keep flow in check.
I found them.. Thanks

Doing the halo with 1/4" tees for drip irrigation lines gives good flow. You use 5 tees and 4 are for out flow and the 5th is the feed line. Spaced evenly over the diameter of the tubing is ideal, used these on some big plants and with dozens of electric valves it was awesome. Took a little tweeking but now feeds over 400 plants with 50 solenoid valves. The pots are all on tables so when flushing, multiple times a day the pots can be flushed. I hope to have some pics when I finish.

I know myself..and I'm sure i can speak for all the other lurkers on this thread..we would love to see that set up:) I'm glad to hear the 1/4" tees work good. Do you trigger groups or multiple valves at once? Or does each solenoid open for 8 plants in a series. Can you build the timer/trigger into one of your gangster flip boxes?

Olyver

Olyver

Depending on the feed or flush cycle, one valve is on at a time. When flush or plain water is used, multiple valves are on. There are several watering and timing cycles, all programmed into a PLC. I can build anything into a flip box, but this unit was a stand alone controller.

Top Bottom