• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

20210418 162752 HDR
20210418 162759 HDR

I got one of these for my Humidifier water. This supposedly filters out Calcium and EVERYTHING basically. Not bad for 40$. Hopefully it works.

I may still swap out my Ultrasonic Humidifier for a different type if I can find one. Home Depot didnt have anything else.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Just gotta say I use my tap water in mine ( I run two) and I have never had any problems granted my tap is about 105ish ppm but still I have zero problems besides residue build up on the heating element on the bottom.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1114813View attachment 1114814

I got one of these for my Humidifier water. This supposedly filters out Calcium and EVERYTHING basically. Not bad for 40$. Hopefully it works.

I may still swap out my Ultrasonic Humidifier for a different type if I can find one. Home Depot didnt have anything else.
That'll work... just cost a fortune in filters over time. About $15/ 25-40 gal if under 200pmm to start. Still much cheaper than buying and lugging it around

Last edited:
XxHammer

XxHammer

I ended up with a Wicking Type made by Equate. I am testing it now to see what kind of humidity levels it will sustain.

Aquaman- Yes, I did notice the price of the Filters and the frequency in which they need changed. I will definitely utilize other options as frequently as possible but it will be very convenient for when I am in a rush.

20210418 181335 HDR

freezeland2

freezeland2

I ended up with a Wicking Type made by Equate. I am testing it now to see what kind of humidity levels it will sustain.

Aquaman- Yes, I did notice the price of the Filters and the frequency in which they need changed. I will definitely utilize other options as frequently as possible but it will be very convenient for when I am in a rush.

View attachment 1114840

Early in the thread you said you didn’t want to buy another humidifier, lol. You are on a mission to get that humidity dialed in. I give you credit there. Before long tho when those plants get a bit bigger low humidity won’t be as big a problem.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Early in the thread you said you didn’t want to buy another humidifier, lol. You are on a mission to get that humidity dialed in. I give you credit there. Before long tho when those plants get a bit bigger low humidity won’t be as big a problem.
Yup 2-3 weeks max I'm thinking.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Haha yeah I know. I am not as worried about the humidity levels as I am about getting CLEAN water and not having any residue in my Tent. This is not something I came across in my research prior to starting my grow. BUT I think I am in good shape now. I will rock with whichever humidifier works better and keep the ZeroWater 2/gal water filter to use for convenience.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Im a frickin mess. So I tested my tap water and it came in at like almost 700ppm. Arizona has some of the highest ppm water in the country. So the filter life of thar ZeroWater would be like 4-5 days. Not at all cost effective.

I am caving and going to use 2, 5-gal drums of RO water from my vending machine at 1.25$ each. 1 to water my ladies and 1 for my humidifier. I think this will be the safest (30ppm water) and most cost effective method. Even if it is slightly more inconvenient.

Thank you everyone for your time and feedback on this matter. I know wayyy more about water than I ever wanted to

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im a frickin mess. So I tested my tap water and it came in at like almost 700ppm. Arizona has some of the highest ppm water in the country. So the filter life of thar ZeroWater would be like 4-5 days. Not at all cost effective.

I am caving and going to use 2, 5-gal drums of RO water from my vending machine at 1.25$ each. 1 to water my ladies and 1 for my humidifier. I think this will be the safest (30ppm water) and most cost effective method. Even if it is slightly more inconvenient.

Thank you everyone for your time and feedback on this matter. I know wayyy more about water than I ever wanted to
Ouch bro... I could run my tap through a dirty diaper and be more confident in its use. That's rough 😪

I wish I could come up with a better solution for ya... I guess you could always move to Canada 🇨🇦🤣

XxHammer

XxHammer

I figure that is why we have these Water/Ice machines every where in this state, well that and the high temperatures. But yeah, looks like I will be sticking to RO water for everything.

I will look into a home RO system once I get moved out of this place and into something more permanent. We are hoping to BUY something when this lease is up but I dont know if we will be quite ready.

Bbonez

Bbonez

My first grow I used tap water in the humidifiers and noticed the white deposits on the plants so I switched to RO.

Now I have 2 tents, 1 for flower and one to veg so I'm using water from the dehumidifier in the flower room for the humidifiers in the veg tent.

Bbonez

Bbonez

We are hoping to BUY something when this lease is up but I dont know if we will be quite ready.

Let me know when you are ready to buy and I'll refer you to an agent, I'll buy you a nice house warming gift with my kickback. New tent, LED, RO system, or whatever you need to grow(depending on the price range of your new home.)

XxHammer

XxHammer

Let me know when you are ready to buy and I'll refer you to an agent, I'll buy you a nice house warming gift with my kickback. New tent, LED, RO system, or whatever you need to grow(depending on the price range of your new home.)

You know anyone in Arizona? you can message me if you'd like. Our lease here isnt up until September.

We are going to be looking for the basic starter house. 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath. If my fiancee and I stay together. That is a big IF. If not I will likely find myself a 1 bedroom rental, use the bedroom to Grow and sleep in the Living Room lol. I know I cant get a mortgage on my own with my credit score.

a4twenty

a4twenty

Just gotta say I use my tap water in mine ( I run two) and I have never had any problems granted my tap is about 105ish ppm but still I have zero problems besides residue build up on the heating element on the bottom.

evaporative humidifiers don't have that problem but as you point out they all accumulate minerals internally if you don't use distilled or similar water.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I am not going back to using an Evaporative, I went that route before and was disappointed.

This wicking-type works fine. Gets my humidity up to around 40-45% and even does a little cooling at the same time (blows cool air out).

I finally got my system pretty well dialed in. At least I think so. My light is about 26-27'' above the canopy. The ladies seem happy.

G

Gammagoat

Wicking Type made by Equate
XxHammer, hang onto your ultrasonic.

I bought two of those equate humidifiers. Both failed, ending up with dry filters. Nothing I did kept them working, including taking out filters and saturating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom