Help....

• Thread starter jag159
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jag159

Ok so I had three seeds, had them in a glass of water for 2 days and they sunk, no tap root showed so I went ahead and put them on a paper towl on a plate next to my xbox for warmth. I went to sleep last night and cut the xbox off and woke up this morning and the towel was dry....(oh crap) so i put the seeds back in the glass of water to see of they will sink but they are floating? Are my seeds dead? no tap root ever showed but they are floating after they sunk.

Smerb

Smerb

Ok so I had three seeds, had them in a glass of water for 2 days and they sunk, no tap root showed so I went ahead and put them on a paper towl on a plate next to my xbox for warmth. I went to sleep last night and cut the xbox off and woke up this morning and the towel was dry....(oh crap) so i put the seeds back in the glass of water to see of they will sink but they are floating? Are my seeds dead? no tap root ever showed but they are floating after they sunk.
I don't use this method. I can say though,that after the soak they should have been put in your medium. If you soak them after that put them in the towel folded and in a bag, blow some hot air from your mouth into bag and seal. Sit in dark drawer 24 hours, when you look at the seeds in the bag between the towel you should see a taproot. Plant! Smoke weed while germinating....

jipp

jipp

do not feel so bad.. i have had a really hard time getting seeds to sprout.. keep trying.
right now im trying a new method.. i put the seed in the firgde for 24 hours, then water/bowl splash of peroxide for 24 hours, then plastic bag/paper towel another 24.. wish me luck :D
chris.

Smerb

Smerb

do not feel so bad.. i have had a really hard time getting seeds to sprout.. keep trying.
right now im trying a new method.. i put the seed in the firgde for 24 hours, then water/bowl splash of peroxide for 24 hours, then plastic bag/paper towel another 24.. wish me luck :D
chris.
Good luck @jipp ! The paper towel method not work?

jipp

jipp

Good luck @jipp ! The paper towel method not work?
no it did not. but to be fair, after three days soaking these old Star-gate OG from candyland genetics who vanished 2 years ago from here apparently ( if you are a noob id stay away from these seeds go for the fresher drop i think) seeds were so hard when i went to help them with needle nose pliers it popped out and with my messed up vision.. i could not find it. hha..

so yeah no luck with paper towel.. iv only had luck with fresh seeds from last harvest that were given to me ( thank you sir ) to pop using the glass bowl with peroxide.

im trying this new method with Nor Easter X Chemdog 91 hoping it pops so i have one sativa for depression/mood lift.

chris.

Smerb

Smerb

no it did not. but to be fair, after three days soaking these old Star-gate OG from candyland genetics who vanished 2 years ago from here apparently ( if you are a noob id stay away from these seeds go for the fresher drop i think) seeds were so hard when i went to help them with needle nose pliers it popped out and with my messed up vision.. i could not find it. hha..

so yeah no luck with paper towel.. iv only had luck with fresh seeds from last harvest that were given to me ( thank you sir ) to pop using the glass bowl with peroxide.

im trying this new method with Nor Easter X Chemdog 91 hoping it pops so i have one sativa for depression/mood lift.

chris.
In Mother Nature there are no pliers.... you should have left them in soil bro....

jipp

jipp

In Mother Nature there are no pliers.... you should have left them in soil bro....

they were so hard. yeah i tried soaking then soil too ( i did get a critical kush to pop in strait up dirt and forgetting about it, again fresh seed. thats my solo cup entry. ).. im telling you iv had bad luck with these seeds i bought.. oh well live and learn.

Smerb

Smerb

they were so hard. yeah i tried soaking then soil too ( i did get a critical kush to pop in strait up dirt and forgetting about it, again fresh seed. thats my solo cup entry. ).. im telling you iv had bad luck with these seeds i bought.. oh well live and learn.
99.99% fix, put seed in folded paper towel, drop water from water bottle on towel, set folded nicely in ziplock, drip more water in till moist, not a puddle of water, breathe into bag then deflate. Breathe back into bag and zip, then set it into a dark drawer. Don't touch it for 24 hours, don't even open the drawer. At that 25 th hour look without opening bag. No taproot wait 24 more hours.Than just put seed 1/2 inch into medium, drip water a tad. A few days later barely scrape the medium around and find the plant if not already popped up. Super easy.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I would just stick em straight into some seed starting media after they sink. I personally dont use the paper towel method or the glass water method. I use the 'Plant the damn thing and wait' method.
If it makes you feel better maybe just do the glass of water before the media. I personally wouldn't use the pt method but thats bc im ADHD as a mofo and always forget to check the towel until its usually too late.

Shotyoung

Shotyoung

I'm with St. Skinny, nature has a way of taking care of her own so all I did was place a seed about a half in down in some organic potting soil, covered it up then place several ice cube on top of the soil. This year is the first time I've grown anything so maybe I was just lucky. So far I'm a 100 percent so we will see how it goes next year.

Top Bottom