Hemp Strains For Cbd, Are They Stinky ?

• Thread starter cryptolab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cryptolab

The Introduction:
One of the big issues, with growing MJ, is that it smells pretty bad when in flower.
Your neighbours and general passers by will _know_ you're growing until you
rig up expensive and time consuming air filtration... and if there's any leaks in
your set up, the neighbours and passers by will _still_ know you've got a grow going.

The Question:
Do the Hemp strains that are used for CBD production.... do they stink ?

Thanks to anyone that volunteers their experience on this matter.
Your reply will be gratefully appreciated.
Be happy.. and have a nice day

Cryptolab :)

MW7945

MW7945

until you
rig up expensive and time consuming air filtration... and if there's any leaks in
your set up, the neighbours and passers by will _still_ know you've got a grow going.

Cryptolab :)

A passive air intake with a 6" system + filter was like $100. If that's too much this might not be the right hobby for you.

C

cryptolab

You missed the question.... or you're just a troll.
Presumably, you have no experience of growing hemp for CBD.
Don't feel compelled to reply.
Just sit back and relax.

MW7945

MW7945

I didn't miss any question. It almost smells identical. It's a stinky plant in general. Hemp grows wild here in the hundreds.

Time to buy a carbon filter system.

C

cryptolab

I didn't miss any question. It almost smells identical. It's a stinky plant in general. Hemp grows wild here in the hundreds.

Time to buy a carbon filter system.

Okay, thanks for your reply. :)

I guess, if you have hemp growing wild in your area,
then that might be great 'cover' for an outdoor guerrilla grow.
People are apt to think that the MJ smell is from feral hemp.

It's probably great cover for an indoor grow too.
You just need to grow agricultural hemp seeds on waste
ground in your local area.

What did you mean when you mentioned 'passive intake air system' ?
There's no air-intake fan ?

MW7945

MW7945

I can get hemp seeds by the thousands. Just don't care to. It grows wild along fence lines/groves on our farm land.

As far as passive air intake, yes. No intake fan. You use the negative pressure the exhaust fan creates to bring in new air. This makes sure smell isn't getting out of your tent. That being said, if you're growing in a tent negative pressure will sucks in the sides of the tent in and you'll lose space. I just like 1x4's to keep the walls where they should be.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I can speak from some experience. Yes, it has a distinct cannabis smell when it is flowering. Certain phenotypes are smellier than others.

My friend is growing an acre of "Mountain Mango" CBD hemp, it has about one month left in flower. You can already smell his field from 100 yards away, with no wind. Down wind, I can smell it 500 yards away. It permeates the air.

One note though, when I smell each individual plant, there is a lot of variation. Some smell AMAZING and STRONG, most are medium stickiness, and there are a few with almost zero smell. Different phenotypes, obviously.

You could conceivably grow out 100 seeds or more, and when they hit flower, you could select for low smell...maybe develop something like Northern Lights CBD. Not much smell, but still strong effects.

Good luck

Top Bottom