• Thread starter NaturalTherapy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Thanks Baba G!

Cracked all 11 of both varieties and sowed them a couple hours ago. A couple Dirtnap haven't opened up yet, so they're soaking still

Hemperor  dirtnap   no pun intended

There's a few other cups sitting there not holding Baba's genes, so I'll say no more of them here

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Can't wait to see some Jack x VBK!! Gonna be very interesting and the dirt nap should be a serious purpler :D

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Can't wait to see some Jack x VBK!! Gonna be very interesting and the dirt nap should be a serious purpler :D

You and me both Baba! Haven't smoked a nice Jack in several years, so looking forward to what these have to offer.

One Dirtnap seed persists in its refusal to open... The rest however are up and on their way

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Hell yea NT!! I just smoked some club super jack lol. the smell translates exactly to taste maybe even better anyway I was just saying how I would love a jack and havent seen around as of late. Man baba rocks some sick gear Ive been slacking on acquiring.

Looks like a great start best of luck natural therapy!!
MW

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Hell yea NT!! I just smoked some club super jack lol. the smell translates exactly to taste maybe even better anyway I was just saying how I would love a jack and havent seen around as of late. Man baba rocks some sick gear Ive been slacking on acquiring.

Looks like a great start best of luck natural therapy!!
MW

Thanks for the positive vibes... I just this week got a cutting of Jack from a legit source...been through a few over time that were fakin' the funk- but I am pretty confident I have the real deal finally... Another 100 days or so and I should know for sure hahaha

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Hemperor 11/11
Hemperor

Hemperor2

Dirtnap 9/11- one never popped and one stalled out before breaking ground
Dirtnap

I like to let them get to the almost too dry point before transplanting, then transplant into moist soil. The roots drive outward into the new soil looking for water, and the dry soil naturally wicks up water from the moist, preventing the existing rootball from drying out... Additionally, they require minimal attention for 4 to 6 days while roots blow up. In two weeks, they'll be ready for more soil to stretch into.. next update when I transplant

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Looking mighty green and hearty at that height, very interested in these 2 varieties :bookworm:

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Looking mighty green and hearty at that height, very interested in these 2 varieties :bookworm:
Thanks Baba.. happy I finally got a program that works for seedlings- it had been my weak point for a while- I just couldn't keep them looking perfect, but I think i got it figured out. Transplanted everything this evening- all very happy.

Dirtnap 9 -- sounds like a mafia clique
IMG 5923

IMG 5917

Column on left is DN #1 through #5... Right column is #6 through #9
IMG 5922

IMG 5924
IMG 5926
IMG 5918
IMG 5919

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Here are the ladies around 45 days from germination - These have only received water so far... will be re-potting them into 7g pots very soon

Hemperor
IMG 6011
IMG 6012
IMG 6014
IMG 6015
IMG 6017

Dirtnap
IMG 6018

Thought I'd gotten a better shot of this... she's a bit finicky- seems to require a more precise nutrient regimen than the others.... will be worth watching to see if I can get her back on track
IMG 6019
IMG 6020
IMG 6021
IMG 6022

Definitely see some similarities in these two varieties from the father... pretty cool.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Here are the ladies around 45 days from germination - These have only received water so far... will be re-potting them into 7g pots very soon

Hemperor
View attachment 301780View attachment 301781View attachment 301782View attachment 301783View attachment 301784

Dirtnap
View attachment 301785

Thought I'd gotten a better shot of this... she's a bit finicky- seems to require a more precise nutrient regimen than the others.... will be worth watching to see if I can get her back on track
View attachment 301786View attachment 301787View attachment 301788View attachment 301789

Definitely see some similarities in these two varieties from the father... pretty cool.
Will be cool to see how they widen out in the 7gal containers. The purples can be more finicky in veg for sure but that Dirtnap #9 has a beautiful symmetry going on :cool:

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Those plants are lookin great NT!Mind sharing your seedling program.

Thanks Fish!

I try to keep it as simple as possible. I crack the seeds in water for 12-24 hours and sow strait into the soil. I place under a T5 rack for heat- and cover with saran wrap for humidity until the sprouts break soil.... 12-14 days later they should be pushing out the second or third leaf set- and I give them more soil. Usually going from a 16 oz. solo cup to 1 gallon nursery pot- wait another 14 days and they are ready for a larger container and more soil- I go up into 5 or 7 gallons. Leaving it to the soil to feed the plants has been the key to optimal growth for me. I don't feed them additional nutrient until well into their 5th or 6th week of life.

I'd been using Light Warrior but ran out at one point and did a mix of roots original and light warrior, and those seedlings performed better than others previously- so I've been running with it. Basically just a 1:1 mix... I noticed the roots were much healthier, whiter, and the root hairs spread wider and looked far more predominate. Still working on the mix because I think I'm going to phase out the Light Warrior, but it has been working well for the last 70 seeds or so.

Another friend suggested happy frog so I'm gonna look into that soon.... I was also just thinking of using Waaynes program- which I was happy to see is a very similar approach in practice- but I believe he uses a 1:1:1 black gold, roots, perilite mix...

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I love these plants... That finicky Dirtnap is not coming around however....

#3 - Took some clones and hoping they root so I can give this one another shot
IMG 6146
IMG 6145

IMG 6140
IMG 6142

IMG 6143

IMG 6144

IMG 6147
IMG 6148

I ran out of wire after #4- but the rest have since been tied down in a similar fashion

Latest posts

Top Bottom