Here for the nugs - plus leaf cutter Q

• Thread starter PJO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PJO

PJO

yooo,

New to the site kind of stumbled upon it, seems like with the proliferation of growing and legality across states/world information is scattered across the googles, so committing to one place of information (yall seem really informed, thank you).

I know this is probably a common topic but wondering if I can get custom advice. I had a clone already started my father bought to take a clone off it back home, thus initially didn't put a lot of effort into the plant. Eventually when it took off my partner repotted it, and I started to feed it fox farm for veg and flower, though never defoilating, just letting it do its thing. In Oregon, been a really dry summer, backyard doesn't have perfect light.

Anyways, since paying more attention and I think after a random rain, noticed its been overrun by caterpillars. So against advice I neem oiled it, thinking 2-3 weeks before harvest and I could H202 wash it off, but needed to do something. Been hand picking them off but I've noticed quite a bit of black eggs in a lot of nugs. I'm not an expert on bud rot obviously but one or 2 nugs seem questionable. Just defoiliated most fan leaves to dry out buds and get ready to harvest.

Should I harvest ASAP and will H202 wash get eggs/caterpillars off? Is it a lost cause (not a big deal as was a casual outdoor grow, no intent to max yeild)? I don't have a magnifying lens but i'd say a week more and trichomes will be too amber (just eying it looks cloudy?).

Cheers,

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
yooo,

New to the site kind of stumbled upon it, seems like with the proliferation of growing and legality across states/world information is scattered across the googles, so committing to one place of information (yall seem really informed, thank you).

I know this is probably a common topic but wondering if I can get custom advice. I had a clone already started my father bought to take a clone off it back home, thus initially didn't put a lot of effort into the plant. Eventually when it took off my partner repotted it, and I started to feed it fox farm for veg and flower, though never defoilating, just letting it do its thing. In Oregon, been a really dry summer, backyard doesn't have perfect light.

Anyways, since paying more attention and I think after a random rain, noticed its been overrun by caterpillars. So against advice I neem oiled it, thinking 2-3 weeks before harvest and I could H202 wash it off, but needed to do something. Been hand picking them off but I've noticed quite a bit of black eggs in a lot of nugs. I'm not an expert on bud rot obviously but one or 2 nugs seem questionable. Just defoiliated most fan leaves to dry out buds and get ready to harvest.

Should I harvest ASAP and will H202 wash get eggs/caterpillars off? Is it a lost cause (not a big deal as was a casual outdoor grow, no intent to max yeild)? I don't have a magnifying lens but i'd say a week more and trichomes will be too amber (just eying it looks cloudy?).

Cheers,
I think you could have salvaged some kind of a harvest but now that you've put neem oil on it I'd say shes' fked....neem oil won't wash I wouldn't be smoking it......Have you read the instructions on using that stuff. it smells like crap and is not meant for consumption..

PJO

PJO

yooo,

Cheers,
A59643E1 49E1 4058 8C6E A5D3EA760F6D

PJO

PJO

I think you could have salvaged some kind of a harvest but now that you've put neem oil on it I'd say shes' fked....neem oil won't wash I wouldn't be smoking it......Have you read the instructions on using that stuff. it smells like crap and is not meant for consumption..
That’s fair figured it was a risk.

Though I read neem oil does degrade so at what point does it get absorbed into buds or degrade naturally?

Will washing get rid of the caterpillar remains?

I’m thinking I could make this all into edibles so it’s not harsh smoking.

Always tough call living in oregon with quality buds for cheap down the road.

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom