Here is a great micro grow chamber that I built

• Thread starter Dr Pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr Pot

I am currently using a 400 watt HPS bulb in my grow chamber, and it is only 24" round at the top.

I use a 155 cfm squirel cage blower to keep the temps to about 74-76 degrees. I average about 3-4 ounces from 3-4 plants that are only 16" tall max, as in this chamber the plants are all just pure bud, with just enough sun leaves to soak up the lights and ferts.

It costs about $12.00 a month on power, so it is economical. It is a stealth, almost odor free micro grow, and can fit into a closet only 30" x 30".The heat and odor are blown out via the ehaust pipe into the upper attic space.

Check out my gallery pics for how it looks and performs

R

Rolln J

nice lil bush you got in there - you water them by hand?

D

Dr Pot

Yes I do, only have to water and fert about every 2 days or so.

K

KushMaster707

looks crazy eh? i like the miniature capsule design. im guessing that is light burn in the middle of your ladies? how is the humidity in there do u ever have probs with mold? that is a great deal though man on your cost and return.

D

Dr Pot

I never have had any problems what so ever with mold, insects, or any other diseases.

H

h20grow

Hey Dr Pot , have you tried it with a 250 watt light yet. I bet u can better your yield by downgrading. At least equal that yield. Bigger isnt always better.

D

Dr Pot

Thanks for the reply's. i started off with a 250 watt hps set up and it did fine. Now i have a 400 watt hps bulb in there for more power. LOL ( Tim The Tool man mentality) Temps are maintained real gentle.

Your average legal medical marijuana user should find this set up a dream to use.
Last one i built from scratch cost about $215.00 for every thing. Hardest part to get is the bake-A-Round heat proff glas, but they can be found on ebay.

ballest kit's for a 400 watt Hps set up run about $85.00 including s/h again from ebay, or where ever you can find one.
You investment in this grow system will be retuned to you on your first harvest, and from there it is pure delight. I grow out indica's as I need them for chronic pain.

www.barrelofgreen.net

S

sneakatoke

are there any particular strains especially well suited for this setup???

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

looks very very interesting.....do you have any more pics?
i'm particularly curious on how to setup and hang the bulb as well as any tips for plant placement.

i have some questions:
does the blower suck air in from the side?
you site shows 3 plants in the pot...is this how you usually do it?

i was thinking that with 1 plnt only, one could do a spiral scrog around the wire...what do you think, have you tried this?

respect for the ingenuity bro!
BR

H

hellbass

I really want to try and turn this design into a hydro grow instead of soil. I just have to figure out the logistics of it.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It is a clever gadget but it needs some redesigning. The air flow is not optimum. When you push the air in the bottom and it comes out the drain pipe it goes up towards the top. But it spreads and not all of it will go directly in the glass tube. Some will go around it and hit the top and go back down. Now much of it will still find the hole in the glass tube but some will swirl and find other places to escape because that thing isn't airtight. Now the air temp will be higher around the plants because bulb heat is mixing with that air. Smell will also escape into the closet.

If you connect the fan so it sucks from the top dryer vent and through the glass tube the air will travel directly from the bottom drain pipe, around the bulb and quickly and directly right out of the glass tube.

That BOG has to get hot. Why else would the bucket need to be painted with heat resistant engine paint?

All that said IMHO it is a waste of 400w. A 150w would probably be enough. Seriously you already are using a 400w. You already have a fan running. You have everything needed. Put the fan inline in the dryer vent tubing you already have going to the ceiling and mount the 400w light vertical right below it and just grow vert in that sweet little closet. You would have the same thing only more grow space and more yield. If somebody opens the closet they know that BOG is something fishy. They might just as well find plants inside. Lock the closet.

D

Dr.Smitty

Hey Doc good seeing you spread the word on your setup. This really works folks and even granny could grow some in the pantry.

:harvest:

Top Bottom