Here we go again, Aphids. Can I use Isopropyl Alcohol with LC

• Thread starter Santa.ClausHOHOHO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

I had Aphids back a month and a half or so ago, well before flower. The folks at Lost Coast said to use 1 oz per gallon of Alcohol with a normal mixture of LC.
My question is, can I use the Isopropyl alcohol mixture 4 to 5 weeks into flower ?, buds forming nicely on several of the plants.
The mixture worked really well when I treated it 3 days in a row. Just concerned this far into flower.

Thanks for any input ASAP, hoping to spray this evening when the sun hits the tree tops.

imp6

imp6

botaniguard WP work well if u want to avoid anything that would damage flowers.

not sure how far along you are but i see best results against aphids using pyrethrins(like botaniguard maxx or pyganic)BUT i wouldnt want to use those when u got lots of white hairs on the buds.

botaniguard WP is good to add to any sprays for aphids, it mixes with most things. takes about 2 weeks after using every 3-5 days to show good results. great preventative and when dealing with aphids i think its always helpful to mix some in with whatever else you are using.

marshman

marshman

I have lost a lot of bud growth to bugs. Many lbs over a lot of years. I have used it all. KILL THEM, with anything.
Aphids are the hardest kill ,all of them.
But I used some Pyganic , WOW, it kill them all. I like this stuff. We will see how it works in the long haul. BUT so far no bugs in the green house.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

I can't say for sure on the Isopropyl, however, I don't think it shouldn't cause problems for the plants... but, I'd test it on just 1 plant. You'll know in 12-24 hours if it's gonna hurt them.

I'm dealing with aphids right now as well.

I recruited 3 wild Praying Mantis... and summoned 2 legions (1500x2) of live ladybugs from Amazon for the flower tent.

In my veg tent (where it started and got so bad it killed a mama -- which I have a backup clone of that's doing just fine)... I dusted it with Diatomaceous Earth. This stuff works, but it kills all insects.. including beneficial one like bees, so you gotta be really careful with it.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

I can't say for sure on the Isopropyl, however, I don't think it shouldn't cause problems for the plants... but, I'd test it on just 1 plant. You'll know in 12-24 hours if it's gonna hurt them.

I'm dealing with aphids right now as well.

I recruited 3 wild Praying Mantis... and summoned 2 legions (1500x2) of live ladybugs from Amazon for the flower tent.

In my veg tent (where it started and got so bad it killed a mama -- which I have a backup clone of that's doing just fine)... I dusted it with Diatomaceous Earth. This stuff works, but it kills all insects.. including beneficial one like bees, so you gotta be really careful with it.

The mantis in on the left plant, near the center of the picture:
20220819 072106

The veg tent infestation got out of hand QUICK... which is why I just dusted it with DE. No way I am losing my new Mamas.

I wouldn't dust a flower tent with DE (you don't want this on the buds), but you could dust leaves, soil, pot trays, the floor, etc...

marshman

marshman

Use some Pyganic , it works. I have use them all. Have gals. of the other stuff. It's the only one that STOPPED them DEAD.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

ya mon!! im in the same boat LCPT seems to only be keeping the aphids at bay. Looking into the ingredients its just seseme oil and alcohol with some essential oils so basically a suffocant. Now i have just purchased Dr. Zymes and some Botanicare WP. Dr zymes is citric acid base and definatly kills them and the Botanicare WP is a fungi that causes a dieses among the aphid populations. Have yet to use. Anyone used either of those products in week 3-4 of flower?

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I accidentally brought them in with a clone I got from a friend, I didn't realize I had them in my clone/seedling tent. It dawned on me eventually, I was like WTF? Then I hit them with Bioadvanced houseplant Insect & Mite Control. two nuking's with about 36-48 hours in between. I haven't seen any sign of them for 9-10 days.

Top Bottom