Here we grow again first hydro run. 3x Yeti f2 and 3x Glueberry muffin s1 exotic genetics.

• Thread starter SaintsSamilia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Looking good!

Was needing to defoiliate mine due to those gigantic fat fingered fan leaves!! I'm sure these jokers will bounce back quick!

It seems once veg gets fully going (root mass) .....look out! I swear 2 days ago they were chill....growing nice and steady, uniform shape.....then bam! Like someone flipped a turbo switch! There growing all crazy now, into the walls...

Pretty sure flower growth is gonna be trouble!! A good kinda trouble to have, but trouble nonetheless!! Or should I say work!!

Your ahead of the game IMHO!

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Looking good!

Was needing to defoiliate mine due to those gigantic fat fingered fan leaves!! I'm sure these jokers will bounce back quick!

It seems once veg gets fully going (root mass) .....look out! I swear 2 days ago they were chill....growing nice and steady, uniform shape.....then bam! Like someone flipped a turbo switch! There growing all crazy now, into the walls...

Pretty sure flower growth is gonna be trouble!! A good kinda trouble to have, but trouble nonetheless!! Or should I say work!!

Your ahead of the game IMHO!
Totally agree some huge leaves especially for so young and yeah almost overnight once the roots got ahold they have been steadily going since then. Definitely looking forward to flowering to see what happens then very happy with the grow so far. Thank you for the input.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Starting to try my hand at keeping it laying towards its side hopefully I can keep it fat and happy. Havent decided if I'll lst the buckets yet or not trying to figure out where to get the wire to stay with having to pull the tops off and all maybe ill use coat hangers to spread them out like I did last grow when they seemed buched for light.

20210112 191709
20210112 195606
StankStirr

StankStirr

Starting to try my hand at keeping it laying towards its side hopefully I can keep it fat and happy. Havent decided if I'll lst the buckets yet or not trying to figure out where to get the wire to stay with having to pull the tops off and all maybe ill use coat hangers to spread them out like I did last grow when they seemed buched for light.
12 gauge romex electrical wire works really well for LST'ing your plants and it's cheap! Might be worth checking out...
I used a combination of green plant ties and 12 gauge wire ( you can see the red wire in this pic). It works really well.
20201116 023504

StankStirr

StankStirr

Everything is looking great! You're about a month ahead of me... popped the seeds but not much past that point... the Yeti and O Face are the oldest ones, then the Glueberry's and the youngest are the 3 Happy Place's. But things are about to ramp up.
20210112 141848

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Everything is looking great! You're about a month ahead of me... popped the seeds but not much past that point... the Yeti and O Face are the oldest ones, then the Glueberry's and the youngest are the 3 Happy Place's. But things are about to ramp up.View attachment 1078687
Looking good its always great starting a new grow for sure appreciate the info on what you use to get them spread out.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Went ahead and lstd the rest of the yetis the one in the soil definitely responded well to it so I went ahead and did the buckets also sorta tried to do the Glueberry but the frames so far reminds me of the slurricane most likely wont need it is my thoughts but who knows time will tell. But currently not much to tie down atleast bush wise

20210113 195453
Ledandoldschool

Ledandoldschool

Went ahead and lstd the rest of the yetis the one in the soil definitely responded well to it so I went ahead and did the buckets also sorta tried to do the Glueberry but the frames so far reminds me of the slurricane most likely wont need it is my thoughts but who knows time will tell. But currently not much to tie down atleast bush wise

Love your home made set up. I do all my stuff too brother. Like this trellis.... And fallponics 4 too 8 bucket systems.

20210108 153950 HDR
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

And clone boxes as big as u need. My stuff is usually easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning and no root plugging and I've ben selling them for a 3rd of the price... 😆
Very nice yeah I'm a fan of do it yourself builds a little more personal flavor and the added bonus of being way cheaper cant wait to get it to recirculating next run ran into issues building it but now just waiting on the bulkheads for my 3 in pipe. Good looking trellis was actually thinking 8 may need to make one before i flip

StankStirr

StankStirr

Love your home made set up. I do all my stuff too brother. Like this trellis.... And fallponics 4 too 8 bucket systems.
Nice DIY SCROG set up! Reminds me of mine. I have two screens on mine. The first screen is between 8-10" from the base the plants and the second screen is set 12" above the first screen. Works super well to really spread the plants out for maximum coverage. I have 5 plants under my 4'x4.5' screen but think 4 plants in 5gal bags would be better. Here's a pic before the flip and one current at 4 weeks into flower.
20210112 222600
20201214 032227

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Nice DIY SCROG set up! Reminds me of mine. I have two screens on mine. The first screen is between 8-10" from the base the plants and the second screen is set 12" above the first screen. Works super well to really spread the plants out for maximum coverage. I have 5 plants under my 4'x4.5' screen but think 4 plants in 5gal bags would be better. Here's a pic before the flip and one current at 4 weeks into flower.View attachment 1079310View attachment 1079314
Very nice. Once you scrog is it hard to get in and work with the plants or does it make it to where you locked into one spot for the rest of the grow not sure how I would do pot swaps having to lift the lids off to change the reservoirs. One reason I decided to tie down this time to train.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Man what a difference a day makes dont regret the decision to lst the yetis at all still got another 3 weeks of veg if I stick to plan. Don't see height being a problem like it was last run but the width...🤔😬😅 problems could be worse finally getting to the here we are stage gonna try again on the two bigger Glueberrys tomorrow cant figure out what the deal is with the 3rd guess he's just a little guy atm.

StankStirr

StankStirr

Very nice. Once you scrog is it hard to get in and work with the plants or does it make it to where you locked into one spot for the rest of the grow not sure how I would do pot swaps having to lift the lids off to change the reservoirs. One reason I decided to tie down this time to train.
Thanks!yes I put the scrog over them after they are in their final pot. It can be difficult to get around them and work. That's why 4 plants instead of 5 would have been much easier since I hand water. Might be difficult for pot changes in your situation unless you could safely and easily raise your screen to change them.... glad your LST is working well for you! It's definitely my favorite training technique.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Thanks!yes I put the scrog over them after they are in their final pot. It can be difficult to get around them and work. That's why 4 plants instead of 5 would have been much easier since I hand water. Might be difficult for pot changes in your situation unless you could safely and easily raise your screen to change them.... glad your LST is working well for you! It's definitely my favorite training technique.
Yeah its strange how each different style does a little more. I think one reason ill never stop growing is the fact there are so many different styles of it I wanna try them all I can

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Nice set up bud! What do you run ph at? I am on my first hydro set up for 1 plant and already found I had to drop the ph way down compared to feeding the plants in promix

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Nice set up bud! What do you run ph at? I am on my first hydro set up for 1 plant and already found I had to drop the ph way down compared to feeding the plants in promix
I try to keep it around 5 to 6 in learning also so atm just kinda trying to stick to the suggested through multiple readings and such areas yeah there's definitely a difference in the soil I run 6.5 to 7 in my soil for ph.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Yep my feed for the promix ones is around 6.5 goin in and they love it. Im changing the reservoir out this weekend I'll probly drop ph down closer to 5.8, I put at 6.1 and it's looked much better since but not quite lookin right lol

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Yep my feed for the promix ones is around 6.5 goin in and they love it. Im changing the reservoir out this weekend I'll probly drop ph down closer to 5.8, I put at 6.1 and it's looked much better since but not quite lookin right lol
Yeah lol I dunno maybe its the difference between hydro and soil 🙄😒 I mean pretty i get the feeling though I feel the same sometimes when I compare the soil and hydro side by side currently possibly just being new to it but they both just are so different growth wise

Top Bottom