Here we grow again first hydro run. 3x Yeti f2 and 3x Glueberry muffin s1 exotic genetics.

• Thread starter SaintsSamilia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Week 5 day 1... just an update on the progress and showing what I can currently see as the main differences between the soil and hydro ones the picture of soil average big leaves next to the hydro on the yetis definitely a size increase there The little guy I went back to top feeding the past few days to get her running back with the big dogs grateful ot seems to be helping her find her roots a little nore solid definitely looking forward to the waterfalls already waiting for this run to finish and rdwc as a whole but as long as the taste test isn't crazy different theres definitely a perk to using only water I can see currently.

20210116 162615
20210116 162635
20210116 162255
20210116 162323
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Looking awesome bud!
Thanks. Pretty excited coming to terms these fatties may push me into flowering earlier than 8 weeks again lol the problems could be worse seems that I'll have to actually go down to 6 to get my wanted veg time either way stoked about it. Last grow was height this grow its width I'll know more in a few days when I trim them back to manageable and pull them down a little more

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Well managed to be exactly a week later but ladies got their second hair cuts today the second bag being bigger than the first means im atleast moving in a forward direction 😬🤣. Also finally looking like the Glueberry is ready to get its lst on. Not much I can currently complain about on the run except its not closer to done. Also in the war of the myths the hydros definitely pulling larger leaves than the soil but all the girla are happy

20210118 153652
20210116 162255
20210116 162323
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Hell yea man they will blow up after that trim they always do for me lol. I need to trim my hydro plant but wanted to wait to get my ph figured out before I make it bleed, ph has been high each time I change it out I guess maybe I need to adjust ph in between res changes

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Hell yea man they will blow up after that trim they always do for me lol. I need to trim my hydro plant but wanted to wait to get my ph figured out before I make it bleed, ph has been high each time I change it out I guess maybe I need to adjust ph in between res changes
Yeah I would if it was a problem for me to try and figure it out it seems like all my pots have done so much better since I added the extra air stones I'll have to pull and take a picture of the roots those yetis have almost filled the reservoir lol those are aggressive feeders for sure almost feeding 3x the amount my last grow in soil honestly not sure if its the pots size difference but I wouldn't imagine the difference between the 5 gal and 7 would be that much but again I could be wrong just seems like I can't them over like I felt a few times last run.]

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Ohhh whats this looks like a late entry another competition in the thread they should finish about the same time but the added of small light small simple setup challenge shall start on this thread too I believe never run autos before but I'm all about the adventure here ...😬😁

20210121 105818
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Autos are fun! Light feeders usually......but usually trouble free.

Your plants are looking awesome as usual!

What level PPM's are you running in hydro?? These bitches keep sucking down the EC levels in both EPI and top off tanks! Pretty sure that's a first....lol

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I did the first full strength nutes swap and each pot was 698 when I did the swap out I've basically just been trying to follow the guidelines I found in a few different places I googled what the suggested ppm was in the different stages and have just tried to keep them as happy as I can just in my case when I notice a difference I try to get it back in the most useful range so far after I added the extra airstones I havent had problems keeping them mixed like I was in the start. I'm honestly just following the plants atm... I'm not saying I'm right I just like to try and keep them happy when they kinda get an attitude I give them attention. Well the best I can. I'm still learning so much I love it its kept me pretty sane the last year very excited for the future

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Finally the glueberry begged enough to get bound and gagged...😏😏😬 Had my first kinda hydro mess up crossing my fingers I caught it in time an air hose kinked and kinda hit one of the yetis pretty hard last night but its bounced back atleast better than was found when a foul smell hit me I couldnt figure out in the evening hoping it just stunted a smidge and bounces back looking like another few days and they'll need trimmed up... Future bud sites cover all these short fat beauties the coloration in the stem of the glueberry is starting to show now too. I'll wait till 7 weeks to flip but may not go the 8. Possibly due to a lack of room I'm ready for some flowering...😬😅🤣🤣 Didn't get to the Autos in time after tying up the girls but there's always tomorrow

20210121 195819
20210121 200014
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

The difference one day and a little tying down makes is insane. Also another cool thing I noticed yesterday is the Glueberry is starting to show some lovely coloring in the stems the purple is beautiful wondering if itll take over more and more. The Yeti soil is constantly consuming at this point every drop of water its craving last grow I was feeding a quart a day at this point this yetis getting 3/4 a gallon...😬😅 and still hadnt had anything but soil and tap water other than 3 x when I have either done top offs or pot changes. It's definitely not lacking I'll definitely stick to this mix for future grows its actually the soil im going to use for my autos after how well its done on this photo for almost 6 weeks its still green as can be and doesn't even begin to act like it needs them. Definitely learning alot about so many myths unintentionally by doing this run off... good soil and lights is 3/4 the nutes hmmm well see if this plant being run completely different than my last soil will out produce... it'll be interesting to see but I'm seeing bigger numbers not smaller already working on a longer veg timeline on Tuesday is 7 weeks and a trims in between here and there again soooo maybe 8 but atleast over 6 this run

20210122 193846
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Almost a week later another trim had time today is why I did it coming into week 7 two of my plants are showing a little different but they seem to be the hungrier ladies so far got my nutes topped back off and ph balanced and hopefully in a day or so the yellowing goes away other wise I may have to get a little more nute specific on the count and add where the lines lacking hence 9 million different variations of any line I'm learning but hopefully 24 hrs I'll know looking like I'll stretch to the 8 weeks veg and flip the lights about 10 days for now for the real fun to begin.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Height width reference for these tiny monsters this is my tallest and also skinniest of the ladies can't wait to flip for the explosion

20210124 175951
20210124 180005
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Week 7 day 1 of veg... Another pot change out as all plants where showing deficiency on the hydro side ... after a top off and re phing and all yesterday just figure they have run these hungry girls course.... That being said I could flip today and likely wouldn't do hydro if I had the choice again as you can see the lovely lady of the soil has moved to the center to show these others what true beauty is... Thats right folks from the dark corner come the beast of all of them shes smahing them ... if the yield myth gets broken in my case not even a thought soils my jam but either way I'm still pushing for 8 weeks and plan and taking clones from the center Glueberry once she's green again and the soil Yeti... They'll hopefully be around for a minute these have been a great grow and other than hungry af for their sizes couldnt ask for a so far much easier grow. Wish I had a soil Glueberry atm thats why im going to venture into clones.

20210126 151029
20210126 152107
K

KK26

Height width reference for these tiny monsters this is my tallest and also skinniest of the ladies can't wait to flip for the explosion

You mentioned "tiny" and I do find it hard to get a gauge on actual size but now you have the tape measure there, I can work it out I think.

Is it me or does most of the plants seem kind small in every way, like the leaves compared to the tape measure indicates very small fan leaves compared to normal, branching seems weak and thin and overall they look "tiny" as you say?

At 7 weeks veg too I would fully expect strong well developed plants with fan leaves bigger than your palm standing much taller and stronger.

Just an observation because I have a few strains from Destiny but not sure I'd like to be starting them if this is what I see after 7 weeks veg in both soil and hydro

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

You mentioned "tiny" and I do find it hard to get a gauge on actual size but now you have the tape measure there, I can work it out I think.

Is it me or does most of the plants seem kind small in every way, like the leaves compared to the tape measure indicates very small fan leaves compared to normal, branching seems weak and thin and overall they look "tiny" as you say?

At 7 weeks veg too I would fully expect strong well developed plants with fan leaves bigger than your palm standing much taller and stronger.

Just an observation because I have a few strains from Destiny but not sure I'd like to be starting them if this is what I see after 7 weeks veg in both soil and hydro
The glueberry I have zero size references for I regret not running a soil version to see whats the difference is. The Yetis are all pretty much comparable the soils just more stable is kinda how I feel. The way less work logic is currently blown out by the fact the only time I've opened the tent had been other than the trims... That being said these have been trimmed pretty aggressively compared to my last grow. If I had let them go all of them would be shaggy bushes with no light being let in. I imagin as soon as I flip any if it occurs strectching will be instantly buds instead all the extra last grow was forced into flowering earl due to height issues but I only had maybe a total of 6 inches of stretch outta the light out if the 4 starins I ran so I sought Short heavy/massive yielding strains... they are definitely short as advertised and I'm assuming they'll be even less stretching or thats my thought. Currently only being fimed once they are all wider than they are tall. My logics for why ill likely stick to soil honestly is operating cost and the stability I'll never get from hydro... In money terms I've already spent 200x on the hydro I would on the soil and the soils the happiest and healthiest of all of them while its actually been pushed until now into the less light corner ... figured since she's rocking there and is the best out of all 7 she deserves the center especially to be a fair runoff for end results. So in effort and expenses and stabilty alone hydro looses... If the yield isn't atleast 200x that of the soil plant being a 1 to 1 ratio there isn't any benefit whatsoever in my circumstances to ever run hydro again... the soils only been fed 2 gallons in total nutrients over the last two months even pot change this being the 3rd with 4 top offs are running currently at 8 gallons minimum the 20% yield increase maybe will never be worth the extra effort the extra money the extra worries ... the only problem I ever had with soil was bugs never fluctuations that vary by the phaze of the moon is currently how hydro has me feeling. But still got easily another 2 + months well see how it goes but at the halfway point the soils moving farther and farther in front especially if the taste theory is true...

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'd highly recommend adding a silica supplement next time around. You could even add it at this point. It will offer a noticeable (very visible) difference in plant structure. The branches will bulk up more, the leaves will be more rigid and thicker, and overall it's a great additive. Otherwise, things are lookin good!

Top Bottom