Here we grow again first hydro run. 3x Yeti f2 and 3x Glueberry muffin s1 exotic genetics.

• Thread starter SaintsSamilia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

This is glueberry the middle picture is the plant that was mesured the reason I am cloning it over the others is actually the smaller leaves structure with taller more divided nodes. I like that structure from my past grow experience over the super bushy although all 3 are fine choices the middles just my style and I'm sticking to that genetically less trimming work is the theory time will tell

20210126 163202
20210126 163212
20210126 163215
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

The yetis in the hydro are producing larger leaves and all but the genetics over all build of the soil Yeti is why I'm using it.... of all the plants had it not trained itself over it would easily be the tallest it has grown like it was either mainline or lstd that way on its own about 6 inches to the side it has the thickest stem and best overall structure if it was actually standing up i dont imagine outside the much bigger leaves it would look much different than the structure of the Glueberry I'm sticking with. These would be great for a stealth grow for sure if I run them back to back I'll actually probably adding my 2 ft extension and laying my tent on its side to make it a 5x9x5 but I have to wait till the height all plays out to decide

20210126 163236
20210126 163247
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

You mentioned "tiny" and I do find it hard to get a gauge on actual size but now you have the tape measure there, I can work it out I think.

Is it me or does most of the plants seem kind small in every way, like the leaves compared to the tape measure indicates very small fan leaves compared to normal, branching seems weak and thin and overall they look "tiny" as you say?

At 7 weeks veg too I would fully expect strong well developed plants with fan leaves bigger than your palm standing much taller and stronger.

Just an observation because I have a few strains from Destiny but not sure I'd like to be starting them if this is what I see after 7 weeks veg in both soil and hydro
Thats two weeks ago.🙄🙄😒😒... the genetics and the knowledge for getting said leaves you missed in the thread is pretty bad man... so from your perspective again where or how are they not good genetics and this was when I was like maybe hydro is worth and now its becoming apparent financially it never will be. But either way I'll try and get established roots and such Im sure they are the problem not the gardeners technique...🙄🙄🙄

20210126 164733
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I'd highly recommend adding a silica supplement next time around. You could even add it at this point. It will offer a noticeable (very visible) difference in plant structure. The branches will bulk up more, the leaves will be more rigid and thicker, and overall it's a great additive. Otherwise, things are lookin good!
I'm actually looking into a few different things silica being one of them ive heard very mixed reviews on it but most of the time its the experiments gone horribly wrong and they are crystal roots...🤣🤣

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'm actually looking into a few different things silica being one of them ive heard very mixed reviews on it but most of the time its the experiments gone horribly wrong and they are crystal roots...🤣🤣
Yeah, silica is somewhat misunderstood. The key things to remember when working with it:

1. It goes into the water first, before anything else.
2. Let it mix thoroughly. 15-20 minutes, minimum.
3. pH down to 6.5 before adding anything else.

Other than that, it's probably the best additive I've ever introduced to my regimen. I can't see myself ever growing without it, it's just too beneficial.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Yeah, silica is somewhat misunderstood. The key things to remember when working with it:

1. It goes into the water first, before anything else.
2. Let it mix thoroughly. 15-20 minutes, minimum.
3. pH down to 6.5 before adding anything else.

Other than that, it's probably the best additive I've ever introduced to my regimen. I can't see myself ever growing without it, it's just too beneficial.
Very nice thanks for the heads up I'll look into it.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Calm down.

Regardless if they are 5 weeks, 7 or 9, all plant look "tiny" in every way just as you said first. Everything about them is small, leaves, structure and branches.

If you had experience you would see this right away but I do suspect you are actually aware of this fact because you mentioned "tiny" first and also by your reaction.

What you have taken a picture of is fine but rgarding size but that is just 1 leaf on 1 plant whilst the others are all "tiny" just as you said. The fact is that all the leaves do not look at all like the biggest one you have hand selected out the thousands.

As for genetics, I never mentioned that word, you did. I'm just saying that whatever week they are in, they are generally "tiny".

You tell me what you know about genetics and why that popped in your head without mention?

Like I said, at that age and whatever you have fucked about doing to them, they just don't look the part and don't look strong enough to actually carry decent bud.

Sorry if I upset you but its shit when you waste time and the end product could be disappointing.

Anyway, what the fuck do I know, I've only been growing a few decades.
In this case Im gonna go with I was for some reason in my feelings while we both where agreeing... After last run height being the issue I wondered into definitely more than one new venture at once... hydro,decent genetics maybe again your right I know very little on qaulity let alone who's the ones to have. The short heavy yielder is at a minimum confusing me. Alot of first alot of new ... So I will digress and instead of pretending to know appreciate you shared a possibly much more valid point and your experience alone is enough that listening doesn't hurt especially in the case of you definitely being more experienced from one side to the other. I'll never learn anything if I can't listen to the basics and other than the old days of outdoors and walk off on government land I'm a complete newb to indoors... I won't not be one until I get to the levels I hear are possible and my 4 oz avg size in the indoor world isn't shit and that much I do know. So I'm sorry for in the end being too stubborn to hear what was said

BlackJack997

BlackJack997

Hey! Just came across this thread while looking up reviews on yeti and glueberry as i just made a purchase. These ladies are looking good so far. Cant wait to see the progress.... 👍

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Thanks maybe we'll learn something together lol There definitely is little to no information on alot of these new hybrid strains from what I've seen. Makes it hard to know anything about the end result but I guess its a little late for me to be worried with it too much. They are short as advertised now hoping they yield heavy like the say. Well see what the scales say in the end kinda a crazy to imagine what may happen after I flip them in the next week.

K

KK26

In this case Im gonna go with I was for some reason in my feelings while we both where agreeing... After last run height being the issue I wondered into definitely more than one new venture at once... hydro,decent genetics maybe again your right I know very little on qaulity let alone who's the ones to have. The short heavy yielder is at a minimum confusing me. Alot of first alot of new ... So I will digress and instead of pretending to know appreciate you shared a possibly much more valid point and your experience alone is enough that listening doesn't hurt especially in the case of you definitely being more experienced from one side to the other. I'll never learn anything if I can't listen to the basics and other than the old days of outdoors and walk off on government land I'm a complete newb to indoors... I won't not be one until I get to the levels I hear are possible and my 4 oz avg size in the indoor world isn't shit and that much I do know. So I'm sorry for in the end being too stubborn to hear what was said

I'm sorry.

I find it very hard to understand what you are trying to say and the meaning.

Very few full stops and no paragraphs. Just a mass of letters and words.

As you said, despite being a new grower, you are not willing to listen so no need to waste time here.

Good luck.

K

KK26

I love experiments especially when at this point trolls are the only ones who could be right I mean the reason this test was done was to clear smoke look at it puffing ... Anything I said your iq has shown you couldn't comprehend move along angry internet guy ...🙄😒😒🤣🤣🤣 dont follow any advice from guys like that grower... either way he feels better I'm sure generations of growing knowledge 🤭✌ remember you came here not the other way big guy and your mouth is why you've always been wrong to acknowledge you beyond this is trivial ✌✌🤏🤏 super grower I'll come to your forum when I need shitty advice... since you still haven't given any at all 🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

New growers do tend to turn to abuse.

Troll even.

It's fine, let's see when you're done.

Sorry for highlighting that facts that you already know but choose to abuse.

All good

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I'll post some more later when I get in to trim them up again and spread out the lst some more but times moving towards the final flip from veg... It's still crazy that a supposedly educated long term grower would ever speak so far outra turn on vegging plants. But its why the real advanctments in the game are made by us newbs.... Super grower wheres one plant at?

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

They always look so sad but whatever lol they make it everytime debating taking every other node if they dont rise up a little but I'm guessing they'll be fine until at least the trim coming in flowering stage so damn bushy pulled more of them down with some bondage but trying to keep the under developed shoots a little more sunny besides any of that that turns into non desirable smoke its goes great into the cannabutter machine love that thing. Hoping to get a nug smasher of some form when I finish this and move to the next one. Since the Glueberry bleeds purple i wonder if itll smash out that way itll be interesting to see. But regardless im feeling a smasher theres some pretty decent looking Chinese ones out there..

20210129 194605
20210129 194654
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

what's you guys thoughts on Auto pot sizes Im debating dropping them and also just debating waiting so I can use the whole tent for them the lol I have no idea what the yield on one or even the size would be the cheeses really from description seem like they have much potential size wise considering it says 2 2 1/2 oz max as the yield but the gsc yield is the same for the autos as the photos...🤔😒 is this clever marketing or can autos really produce the weight phots can just curious if i should wait for the better light in the bigger tent to see what they can do. Any ideas or ever grow them ?

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Rebound them down after they turned up this morning half way done and the space is getting fuller and fuller had to bust my hangers back out well see if they work again that stupid coated wire ive used too much off probably gonna try scrogging next grow instead of all this tying down doesn't seem like it would be as difficult or time consuming having to pull everything back down the farther and farther as they grow out possibly be able to trim them a little less dunno the less in and out the better is where it lies with the warmer days right around the corner.... hoping the autos make it no work while id rather be fishing the winters great for learning summer id rather be exploring..🤣🤣 only 4 more to go ...🙄🙄😒😒

20210130 153905
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Phew if I only had one more cloth pot in there either way theres pretty much a full use of space in a tent ...🤣🤣🤣 3 to 4 more days till the hours change. Atleast I got to 8 weeks like I wanted all along maybe with 6 a 10 to 12 week veg and who kniws what kinda plants sizes

20210130 184821
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

A little reorganization and the timers flipped to 12s now we wait for the flowers decided against clones as 8 autos are already waiting to fill the tent as soon as this end if they aren't already started before. Decided after another 100 plus nutrient investment at only half way done there is no way to me that I'll ever grow at least organically in hydro last run was only a 4 part nectar line on 9 plants and only used 1 of each of the quart jugs this run alone has already blown through the full grow last run so to me from the perspective I grow is the 20% yield increase worth it... NEVER is the answer from an organic stand point but next run I'll keep my soil organic and salt farm the hydro this would be at a minimum 1/4 the price what I'm buying quarts for advanceds organic so there will be more test on it besides why just set a 6 pot off like it didn't cost money still got my waterpump and pipes waiting to rock the rdwc with waterfalls so they'll still be around but for my personal smoke I doubt its needed or even a reasonable route to keep needless to say its been fun learning so far and still got another 8 weeks atleast of flowering so who knows either way what the nugs are going to produce looking forwsrd to the not green nugs though

20210201 195610
20210201 214539
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

More reorganization another trim lol my little tents bursting at the seems next nutrient swap I'm gonna stagger them divided by the smaller framed gluberrys and the ever so fat yetis in the hopes of filling the space to its best light capacity finally up to 100% on my light and pretty much beyond maybe a trim or two I'm on auto pilot. Looking into a nug smasher as the older the Glueberry gets the more it bleeds purple interested to see what kinda rosign I can smash outta it. Hopefully I'll start seeing the first signs of puffs in the next few days but its only been 3 days since the flip so im just being impatient.

20210204 155738
20210204 173456
20210204 182319
20210205 183626
tobh

tobh

Supporter
More reorganization another trim lol my little tents bursting at the seems next nutrient swap I'm gonna stagger them divided by the smaller framed gluberrys and the ever so fat yetis in the hopes of filling the space to its best light capacity finally up to 100% on my light and pretty much beyond maybe a trim or two I'm on auto pilot. Looking into a nug smasher as the older the Glueberry gets the more it bleeds purple interested to see what kinda rosign I can smash outta it. Hopefully I'll start seeing the first signs of puffs in the next few days but its only been 3 days since the flip so im just being impatient.
Maybe you'll end up with some of them super cool purple trunked trichomes. I had em on both my BMS and Love Stash last run, first time seeing them in person. For years i was convinced pictures of them were photoshopped until witnessing it first hand haha.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Maybe you'll end up with some of them super cool purple trunked trichomes. I had em on both my BMS and Love Stash last run, first time seeing them in person. For years i was convinced pictures of them were photoshopped until witnessing it first hand haha.
That would be awesone damn I should have cloned it possibly...🙄😒🤣🤣 oh well I've got 9 more glueberrys somewhere my girl misplaced them but I'm likely getting more unless I find something else to grow kinda digging the strange colored strains some spamoni all those crazy colors maybe some land race Vietnamese black all sorts lol kinda one of the reasons I chose the Glueberry to begin with the Yetis where the freebies. So I kinda wouldn't mind getting more for future grows. Looking like I may go to two 5x5s after this or the 5x5 and a 4x8 the 3x2 just isn't enough to make me wanna set it up currently

Top Bottom