Herm? To kill or not to kill

• Thread starter Budstashe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budstashe

Budstashe

Check this out. Only found 2 on the entire plant that is almost 3 weeks into flower. Never seen a hermi in teal life but this sure feels like it. Thoughts on how to proceed and ramifications to other plants in various stages.

Herm to kill or not to kill
Herm to kill or not to kill 2
Herm to kill or not to kill 3
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I'd just pluck it off and see what happens. It could just be stressed or some plants just kick out a few pollen sacs with sterile pollen.

Budstashe

Budstashe

Thats dope! Will definitely take them off and see what happens

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Chop it for several reasons.
#1 being, you don't want any herm pollin getting your next crop

Ledsmelly

Ledsmelly

I say pluck it and keep it moving.had a couple on my girl and I removed them.shes budding up and frosty as hell with no more Pollen sacs forming.if you have more plants and can't isolate her though..might have to chop.

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

More info needed. What's in the rest of your space? If nothing, leave it. If you have other flowering females, it's time to weigh the pros and cons

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would cull it. Eventually those pollen sacs with start to sneak in nanners into your buds and pollen are it. I’ve tried picking em off and being as thorough as possible and still ended up with a seeded crop on that plant and the plant next to it.

Budstashe

Budstashe

She shares a tent with another plant. And in the tent next to her I have a few autos and a few more photoperiods in veg

Budstashe

Budstashe

I have a cinderella 99 and a bruce banner that would love to take her place in the flower tent so chopping wouldn’t be the worst

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I say pluck it and keep it moving.had a couple on my girl and I removed them.shes budding up and frosty as hell with no more Pollen sacs forming.if you have more plants and can't isolate her though..might have to chop.
If you can be sure to get them all?, Why take the chance?
She shares a tent with another plant. And in the tent next to her I have a few autos and a few more photoperiods in veg
Chop it for sure.
Pollin can get all over quick! Don't let those male flowers open

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I have one that herms sometimes and other times it doesn't. I almost threw it away but I'm glad I didn't. It's just really sensitive and kicks out a few bottom nanners if you don't give it exactly what it wants or if it has pest or root issues. It's a survival tactic of the mother to reproduce in some instances.

Budstashe

Budstashe

Well, I cut her down so Cake and Chem is flying solo in the flower tent. Thanks for all your comments

Top Bottom