Hermaphrodites!!! Again!

• Thread starter Kris kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kris kush

This is my second run where I have early signs of hermies... The last run was Snowman ( og kush x Gsc) and the tops of the plants all showed yellow abnormal growth, which turned out to be male flower growing amongst the females flowers. Here is my setup.

1800btu mini split
12 x 6 x 8 ceiling
ten foot table
use four inch in top of six inch grodans
general hydroponics expert line
on and ppl I measured throughout and were always on point. oh always recertified with litmus.
2 1000 watt de nova lights with a third in the middle on the 600 setting
70 pint dehumidifier
sealed room co2 fed on 1200ppm controller
two circulating fans

The last grow I had clear signs of light or heat stress on the tip of the colas. A few had bleached tops and again the tops had some deformations that may just have been a result of male flowers. I finished the grow out and had high quality seeded weed.

Now on the current grow I chopped off a foot off the table. I guess it would help to know that my canopy grew within two feet of the lights last run. I grew for a few years about ten years ago when we still used hooded air cooled lights and I would usually run my lights within inches of my canopy... well the hydro store employee told me I needed to have three feet space at least with the new double ended lights. So that thinking is what I believe led to the last grow hermie. So I cut the legs off and have currently about five feet of space from the canopy. Well with all my new space I thought with a 12 x 6 space I should be fine running the three lights all at 1000. I noticed the yellow growths again first on the middle strains and now today have confirmed them to be hermies... looks like it is the whole crop again. this time though I am running four different strains, which worries me more. They are sour apple, cookie glue, bluezz2, xxx oh if that helps at all but looks to me know I can't blame genetics lol the mistake I made last time. Essentially why I ran the lights all the way up. I didn't mention either I ran six strains last run in pots of coco on the side of the table and none of them hermied...

if anyone has any idea I could really use your help!! I right now have turned the lights all down to 600 watts and the plants showed instant vigor over the last few days and no longer show any sign of heat stress. This leaded me to believe that it probably is the lights but i want to cross all my t's and dot my I's this time. I have confirmed two strains in the middle have bananas coming out of the flower. Right now they are on day 17 of flower. I will post some pics of the hermies but I know they are. if pictures of my setup helps I will post some too.

Also does anyone know if anti freeze could cause it? I think I had a small leak in the line going into the mini split and being a sealed room it was just an idea.

Hermaphrodites again
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This is my second run where I have early signs of hermies... The last run was Snowman ( og kush x Gsc) and the tops of the plants all showed yellow abnormal growth, which turned out to be male flower growing amongst the females flowers. Here is my setup.

1800btu mini split
12 x 6 x 8 ceiling
ten foot table
use four inch in top of six inch grodans
general hydroponics expert line
on and ppl I measured throughout and were always on point. oh always recertified with litmus.
2 1000 watt de nova lights with a third in the middle on the 600 setting
70 pint dehumidifier
sealed room co2 fed on 1200ppm controller
two circulating fans

The last grow I had clear signs of light or heat stress on the tip of the colas. A few had bleached tops and again the tops had some deformations that may just have been a result of male flowers. I finished the grow out and had high quality seeded weed.

Now on the current grow I chopped off a foot off the table. I guess it would help to know that my canopy grew within two feet of the lights last run. I grew for a few years about ten years ago when we still used hooded air cooled lights and I would usually run my lights within inches of my canopy... well the hydro store employee told me I needed to have three feet space at least with the new double ended lights. So that thinking is what I believe led to the last grow hermie. So I cut the legs off and have currently about five feet of space from the canopy. Well with all my new space I thought with a 12 x 6 space I should be fine running the three lights all at 1000. I noticed the yellow growths again first on the middle strains and now today have confirmed them to be hermies... looks like it is the whole crop again. this time though I am running four different strains, which worries me more. They are sour apple, cookie glue, bluezz2, xxx oh if that helps at all but looks to me know I can't blame genetics lol the mistake I made last time. Essentially why I ran the lights all the way up. I didn't mention either I ran six strains last run in pots of coco on the side of the table and none of them hermied...

if anyone has any idea I could really use your help!! I right now have turned the lights all down to 600 watts and the plants showed instant vigor over the last few days and no longer show any sign of heat stress. This leaded me to believe that it probably is the lights but i want to cross all my t's and dot my I's this time. I have confirmed two strains in the middle have bananas coming out of the flower. Right now they are on day 17 of flower. I will post some pics of the hermies but I know they are. if pictures of my setup helps I will post some too.

Also does anyone know if anti freeze could cause it? I think I had a small leak in the line going into the mini split and being a sealed room it was just an idea.
Just ditch the bruce jenner and keep going...if you keep it and have heat problems. ..it will probably do it over and over. Some plants are really durable to heat and light...some not.

K

Kris kush

Just ditch the bruce jenner and keep going...if you keep it and have heat problems. ..it will probably do it over and over. Some plants are really durable to heat and light...some not.
Thanks man. The thing is the room sits at about 76 degrees so I was thinking maybe it was the lights were to bright?! Sounds stupid but five strains now in two grows has me thinking itbisnt the genetics. I hope your right though I got a cut of some Barry white that I have personally seen grown and it is a very strong plant so I hope it is the answer...

showmegreen

showmegreen

Any stresses with most anything ran so delicately, causes mutations. Sounds to me you got yer ships T's crossed and I's dotted so well that any flux, so late in the game, would be a stresser ergo Brucey poo Jen Jenning yer crop. Plus no offense to the geneticists but the landraces are minimal anymore. Tried and true naturally evolved hardiness is waining away. And desired traits that fall short outside the artificial growing environment, dominate the horizon. Which could hypothetically result in the doom of races all together. Or a bunch of the same pot with a shit ton of different names. Lol! Sad but true. I suggest maybe try crossing a couple of yer I's and dotting a few of yer T's the next go round. Who knows it might be less stressful fer yer ladies at least next time. IDK honestly but I'm pretty confident in my guess. I know the antifreeze could potentially cause stresses easily. I would be interested in some them herm seeds fer sure by the way. PM me if ya wanna negotiate that issue.
Stay blessed

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I find it very odd that more than 3 strains hermie the last 2 runs. And you said 5 strains hermies? At what week does it start?

Here' my .10

Most genetic issues start to hermie at week 2.5 and week 6. +/- cpl days. I'e
Tested tbis theory on 16 strains. All genetic hermies came at those weeks.
Timer issue
Light leak
Some additive or nute is not working
Your missing an early hermie on a plant, then it matures and pollinated your room. Pollen is carried by fans and such. Miss one nanner and it opens and it can ruin entire rooms. It happens to the best of us, including myself.

showmegreen

showmegreen

@showmegreen
Please read the TOU. No asking, giving, etc if anything on this forum. It's a bummer believe me.

Thanks
Huh? Who? What n thee stagnation? Heck no wasn' me! I musta been highjecketed from them thar rushins! Them same fellers that shanghighed the present-dental eel lecktion! Why would I do such a thang like that thar. I'm gonna hafta call the CIA, tha FBI, tha STDs, them MP3s and tha CCTVs to catch them criminals! Cuz I sure knows that I wouldn't do nuthin of the sort. No sir. Nope nope NOPE! Heck you can tell that who ever it was don' even speak rednecked nor hillbilly! I was framed!! Lol!

showmegreen

showmegreen

Huh? Who? What n thee stagnation? Heck no wasn' me! I musta been highjecketed from them thar rushins! Them same fellers that shanghighed the present-dental eel lecktion! Why would I do such a thang like that thar. I'm gonna hafta call the CIA, tha FBI, tha STDs, them MP3s and tha CCTVs to catch them criminals! Cuz I sure knows that I wouldn't do nuthin of the sort. No sir. Nope nope NOPE! Heck you can tell that who ever it was don' even speak rednecked nor hillbilly! I was framed!! Lol!
My bad! I fergeted! Sorry boss!

showmegreen

showmegreen

Hey Boss?..... where'd Seamaiden swim offt to?... I miss her!

K

Kris kush

Any stresses with most anything ran so delicately, causes mutations. Sounds to me you got yer ships T's crossed and I's dotted so well that any flux, so late in the game, would be a stresser ergo Brucey poo Jen Jenning yer crop. Plus no offense to the geneticists but the landraces are minimal anymore. Tried and true naturally evolved hardiness is waining away. And desired traits that fall short outside the artificial growing environment, dominate the horizon. Which could hypothetically result in the doom of races all together. Or a bunch of the same pot with a shit ton of different names. Lol! Sad but true. I suggest maybe try crossing a couple of yer I's and dotting a few of yer T's the next go round. Who knows it might be less stressful fer yer ladies at least next time. IDK honestly but I'm pretty confident in my guess. I know the antifreeze could potentially cause stresses easily. I would be interested in some them herm seeds fer sure by the way. PM me if ya wanna negotiate that issue.
Stay blessed
I just have to believe it was the lights. I imagine the three 600 won't be as stressful for them. As for the feminist seeds I reallyp
I find it very odd that more than 3 strains hermie the last 2 runs. And you said 5 strains hermies? At what week does it start?

Here' my .10

Most genetic issues start to hermie at week 2.5 and week 6. +/- cpl days. I'e
Tested tbis theory on 16 strains. All genetic hermies came at those weeks.
Timer issue
Light leak
Some additive or nute is not working
Your missing an early hermie on a plant, then it matures and pollinated your room. Pollen is carried by fans and such. Miss one nanner and it opens and it can ruin entire rooms. It happens to the best of us, including myself.
That would make a lot of sense because the last run and this run I first noticed the male flowers at about week two. The rooms are also co2 enhanced so that would explain two weeks rather than two and half. So the last run I had one strain on the table that hermied. I ran seven strains along the side and none hermied. so I took two of the side strains and two new strains and decided to run them all this time in the chance I hadn't fixed the issue. I can verify that three of the strains have male flowers. I agree with you this is by no way a normal experience for me. I have grown in horrendous conditions and have never experienced a hermie. The problem for me is I'm having a hard time with the idea that I just had the light to close. I'm going to run this run out because I still get good weed and all kinds of great seeds to play with but really am tired of the hidden seeds sneaking up on me!
by the way do you think that humidity rising about 20 percent at night could stress them?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Too close of lights will result in bleaching of the flowers/colas/leaves. Can also result in airy fluffy buds. I don' think having the light too close can cause hermies, unless the genetics are junk.

K

Kris kush

Too close of lights will result in bleaching of the flowers/colas/leaves. Can also result in airy fluffy buds. I don' think having the light too close can cause hermies, unless the genetics are junk.
That's what I believe as well which has me a bit concerned at what else could be causing it... Really is the only stress the plants were enduring. Hopefully the lights down to 600 will be the solution. Got my fingers crossed. Also thank you for the time. You are a great contributor to the forum. I find myself reading your contributions in other forums often! I need to research a bit hermies and what causes them some more... would hate to see it a third time with a another new strain...

H

hawkman

any thing that causes stress - this will cause
"hermie's) - high heat. ect - remember it's in the gene's - so it's all way ready to show it's self. - set up sounds very good

Latest posts

Top Bottom