Hermi'd autoflowers

• Thread starter Formallyhap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Formallyhap

Formallyhap

What causes hermaphroditic expression in autoflowers?

Just bad genes?
I redid my grow set up, different everything. First run was with some crappy autoflowers some guy traded me, I didn't know they were autos, he said he used silver to self a gelato 33 mother. That was complete BS.
I just harvested these a week ago, they smell pretty much like mazar i shariff freebies from years ago if anyone is old enough to remember those. Breaking it up to vape a nug and 1 undeveloped seed and one fully ready seed come out of small bud. I am assuming the whole thing is seeded.

The males were isolated and once I collected pollen(I don't know why auto flower pollen sounds fun to me but it does)they were culled.

So let's say it's hermi and seeded itself lightly. Does that mean my room has a light leak? That's my concern, I just threw real pot in there that I know is good and not auto and now I am paranoid. I can't see anything, I just was standing in complete darkness scanning the room and can't see any light leaks.

Chalk it up to crappy genes? Do autos hermi often? Anyone know?

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

yea if there's no light leak then most likely shitty genetics

a lot of you guys are running autos now but they've always sucked IME - why are you running them? just for the sport of it or the ease of it or what?

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

got em for free and never had any interest in them but was bored in winter with the outdoor garden being dead

They don't make much sense unless you can't manipulate the light cycle at all for some reason.

I have probably vaped 3-5 grams of this and only found those 2 seeds, so maybe dumb luck.

dire wolf

dire wolf

yea if there's no light leak then most likely shitty genetics

a lot of you guys are running autos now but they've always sucked IME - why are you running them? just for the sport of it or the ease of it or what?
Exactly ,☝
And formal ,yup remember the mazar -i-shariff well....

4plant

4plant

Autos should not be affected by light interruption but other factors can cause hermis to. I’ve had shit autos from real seed companies that hermied outdoors but figure it’s just shitty breeding to race to market. Are you in Canada by any chance. I’ve never had seed problems in 15 years until legalization now it’s a race to put out the new hot seeds so back crossing takes too long I guess. Start ordering from the uk again and the hermis seemed to disappear.

Moshmen

Moshmen

What causes hermaphroditic expression in autoflowers?

Just bad genes?
I redid my grow set up, different everything. First run was with some crappy autoflowers some guy traded me, I didn't know they were autos, he said he used silver to self a gelato 33 mother. That was complete BS.
I just harvested these a week ago, they smell pretty much like mazar i shariff freebies from years ago if anyone is old enough to remember those. Breaking it up to vape a nug and 1 undeveloped seed and one fully ready seed come out of small bud. I am assuming the whole thing is seeded.

The males were isolated and once I collected pollen(I don't know why auto flower pollen sounds fun to me but it does)they were culled.

So let's say it's hermi and seeded itself lightly. Does that mean my room has a light leak? That's my concern, I just threw real pot in there that I know is good and not auto and now I am paranoid. I can't see anything, I just was standing in complete darkness scanning the room and can't see any light leaks.

Chalk it up to crappy genes? Do autos hermi often? Anyone know?
I’m only on about # 20 in plant count but not one hermie

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

Autos should not be affected by light interruption but other factors can cause hermis to. I’ve had shit autos from real seed companies that hermied outdoors but figure it’s just shitty breeding to race to market. Are you in Canada by any chance. I’ve never had seed problems in 15 years until legalization now it’s a race to put out the new hot seeds so back crossing takes too long I guess. Start ordering from the uk again and the hermis seemed to disappear.
I am in colorado and it's the same way here, people randomly selling seeds with names when they accidentally seed their crops.
The seed business has gotten uber shady.
I think a lot of people cross polenate crap and then make up a name and sell the seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom