Hermie Help!!

• Thread starter highwayman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highwayman

Hey i have a little situation on my hands. i live in a area were it's very hard to get seeds. and i only have 2 white widow seeds so i was planing on using the banana skin method to have a better chance of female plants for both seeds. what i was then thinking was to light stress the two and turn them hermie so they would produce seeds. i was then told that those hermies would produce hermie seeds.. what i was wondering was if i was to turn the two hermie and then feed them advil in the water (like people do to male plants to get a better chance of female seeds) would this give me more female seeds or will they still be hermie seeds..

Another idea i had was before light stressing them to take a clone off of each and if one was female polenate it with the polen from the hermie. would this still result in hermie seed?
My reason for wanting seed is so that i could always have some on stock just incase something happed to my plants so then i wouldn't be stuck looking for seeds.

I've also read that if you let your female plant flower long after the harvest "window" that it produces a banana shape polen sack that has all female polen that porduces ferm. seeds for the buds. where i read this it said that it produces it's own polen sack to keep the species going when growing in the wild. it does this when not polinated by a male indoors because the plant sences that the species is dependent on that one plant to survive.

Please help!!!! I have to figure something out...

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

as soon as you introduce a hermie into the genepool it is totally fucked from then on,

H

highwayman

do anyone think the method of letting the female over mature will work?

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

it can work but then you are still introducing hermie in the gene pool, hope for one male and one female

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

aslo the pollen could not be viable as in sterile so it can be one big waste of time

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings highwayman

It is certainly not my intent to single you out and if this response inflicts even the slightest degree of offence, then my apology to you has already been extended.

This is the clearest example I've seen of creating a problem (before one manifests) by complicating the simple. Though the conceptual science may be, the actual practice of cultivation and propagation is not a complex thing. Grow the plants to sexual maturity...then assess your situation.

Much can be said for planning ahead and creating contingencies, however, one should always bear in mind that good plans are designed for simplifying tasks and great contingencies make our lives easier.

For now, concentrate on cultivating healthy specimens and on keeping you and yours safe; there is no guarantee that the seeds are even viable, but odds are you end up with both a 'male' and a 'female' specimen from two seeds.

Sincerely,
Charles.

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings Midnightgardener

On a separate yet related note: There is a distinct difference between specimens that are genotypically determined intersex ('hermie') and those that are merely phenotypically expressed intersex.

Anecdotally: the practice and preference of sensimilla rose with the rise of the commercial Cannabis trade. In my experience, the specimens with the most favourable cannabinoid profiles for recreational use were/are all intersexed.

Sincerely,
Charles.

Q

Quicksilver

Hi Charles. Would you offer a bit of help honing my rather dull understanding of this topic?

All cannabis plants have the potential to display intersex traits. At one end of the spectrum, some have such a genetic proclivity to hermie, that this outcome is certain. At the other end of the spectrum, some plants' genes are such that they would never express the hermie trait under anything close to normal growing conditions.

Am I anywhere near correct?

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings Quicksilver

To the contrary; any sharper and you'd need display due care to refrain from accidentally cutting things.

All ['female'] cannabis plants have the potential to display intersex traits. At one end of the spectrum, some have such a genetic proclivity to hermie, that this outcome is certain. At the other end of the spectrum, some plants' genes are such that they would never express the hermie trait under anything close to normal growing conditions....Quicksilver

That's the nutshell; concisely and precisely stated, with the inference being: most 'female' Cannabis specimens fall somewhere in the middle of this spectrum.

Sincerely,
Charles.

Top Bottom