Hermie snuck into my tent overnight.

• Thread starter Thumbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I've been checking these damn things religiously but last night I spotted a few nanners. Only a few spots...not everywhere or I think I would have caught it. Hoping it didn't dust the rest of my plants as I pulled it out of there.
Moving on now but my question is ...since the plant only had a few noticeable male flowers and a bunch of bud sites,Was this stress related? All plants came from same seed stock

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

In my experience I rarely pop one that doesn't have some nanners. Maybe 1 in 10 even in regular seeds now days. Everyone and there sister is opening seedbanks and lots don't know how to select backcross and stabilize the genetics to prevent this, so you end up with hidden nanners.

That being said, some plants are easily stressed and will kick out bottom pollen sacks if they have pests on the roots or nutrient and pH issues.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I pulled it from the grow last night,went down to check on them tonight and found another. Same deal...just a few nanners so that one is gone too.
Just going into my 5th wk in flower so I hope it was the last of them to do that.
Guess I've been lucky with my outdoor grows because I've never seen a plant go hermaphroditic before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom