Hermie?!

• Thread starter Shroomtrips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Hi every1. I have 3 plants of 3 chems by top dawg. They are 5 weeks in flowering, buds are building up nicely and trichy. 1 plant was behind with the growth so i thought i will keep it for early sampling ((;)) after sampling one bud i found few seeds in it. I tossed that plant out of the tent straight away. I was closely inspecting other two to see if they have seeds but cant find any signs of male flowers etc. I will attach a couple or pictures, please help me to identify if its hermie or not and should i toss them out? Will it affect my other plants which are 1 week since flip? Thanks!

Hermie
Hermie 2
Hermie 3
Hermie 4
Hermie 5
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Doesnt look like it.

Thats what i think too but i found 2 seeds in 1 plant already and tossed it out of the tent. I wonder if it polinated other 2. If theres seeds there should be some polen too... i will add more pics

IMG 3712
IMG 3713
IMG 3726
H

heisen

I cant see any.better to turn hPS off and just take pic with flash.hard to see in those pics.occasional seeds on late flowering plants is sometimes the way it is.ill find one or 2 sometimes while trimming.some random ass banana might pop up.i dont see all out bud herpies though so I think your good

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I cant see any.better to turn hPS off and just take pic with flash.hard to see in those pics.occasional seeds on late flowering plants is sometimes the way it is.ill find one or 2 sometimes while trimming.some random ass banana might pop up.i dont see all out bud herpies though so I think your good

I will take some pictures when lights off this evening. Thanks for input

patchgrower

patchgrower

yes .i have found random seeds in plants over the years.as heisenbubble said its quite normal for some strains.i'm currently growing out a seed i found in my blueberry, as i lost this strain. hoping its good. usually if you only find 1 or2 seeds they are usually female, as long as this plant wasn't pollinated from a male,and was self pollinated.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

yes .i have found random seeds in plants over the years.as heisenbubble said its quite normal for some strains.i'm currently growing out a seed i found in my blueberry, as i lost this strain. hoping its good. usually if you only find 1 or2 seeds they are usually female, as long as this plant wasn't pollinated from a male,and was self pollinated.

I see what u saying. Lets say only 1 out of 3 plants thrown some seeds out, could it be that it polinated other 2 plants? I also have some clones from those 2 plants in the same room, they are 1 week since flip, would they be polinated? Im confused and pissed off big time cuz i invested so much time in them...

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Best pictures ive managed to take but i doubt that you could see anything. My worst nightmare came through and i found some seeds in other 2 plants. Its my 3rd run of different strains and 2 of the runs had hermies...
I was checking every bud and was not able to find ANY male signs, not even the slightest. Plants came from regular seeds and Maybe during selection they got polinated from the males? When they showed sex i was abroad for three days(it was almost 2 weeks since flip) and when i came back i saw that 5 plants had developed quite a few balls already and other 3 had nice white pistils showing. Maybe then they got polinated?.. I found some big hard brownish seeds in buds so it means that they got jiggi-jiggied about 4-5 weeks ago, and my plants are almost 7 weeks since flip. i dont know what to think and what to do. maybe mommas not hermied but got polinated by a proper male and clones that are in flower room for 8 days dont have hermie tendencies and are worth keeping? should i toss out those 2 seeded ones just to try and save those clones which have started showing pistils from any polen incase im blind and mommas are ladies with dicks and polen or ride them out still? Im sooo confused as i invested so much work and time to get it going...
I got some clones in propagator and wonder if i should kill the main room and restart from those clones or the main plants have hermie tendencies and i should go for a different strain?

Help me, be my xanax.

P.S. Sorry for erratic text as i havent slept since yesterday and smoked a spliff after spliff after... :D Im soooo stressed about this whole seeds thing that i just couldnt sleep last night, kept reeding all night and went to work in the morning

IMG 3732
IMG 3733
IMG 3734
IMG 3749
IMG 3750
IMG 3754
Reactions: Ina
Monster762

Monster762

2ACC47CD 0BE2 443D 9387 30F25985BBE5
Hi every1. I have 3 plants of 3 chems by top dawg. They are 5 weeks in flowering, buds are building up nicely and trichy. 1 plant was behind with the growth so i thought i will keep it for early sampling ((;)) after sampling one bud i found few seeds in it. I tossed that plant out of the tent straight away. I was closely inspecting other two to see if they have seeds but cant find any signs of male flowers etc. I will attach a couple or pictures, please help me to identify if its hermie or not and should i toss them out? Will it affect my other plants which are 1 week since flip? Thanks!
Mostly just bud pics but one did catch my eye. Dead center look left and right just a little. Not sure but looks like a couple pollen sacs. Not busted yet.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

View attachment 809510
Mostly just bud pics but one did catch my eye. Dead center look left and right just a little. Not sure but looks like a couple pollen sacs. Not busted yet.

I see what you mean. I tucked similar looking thing off the bud just to find a tiny white seed in there. Plants are extremely smelly and sticky by the way.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

This bud is from the lower part of the plant and i found 2 seeds in it...

IMG 3756
G gnome

G gnome

Thats what i think too but i found 2 seeds in 1 plant already and tossed it out of the tent. I wonder if it polinated other 2. If theres seeds there should be some polen too... i will add more pics
Why wud u toss a plant out of the rm cuz its got seeds in it? U toss plants that have pollen sacks not cuz they have been pollenated.

I see what u saying. Lets say only 1 out of 3 plants thrown some seeds out, could it be that it polinated other 2 plants? I also have some clones from those 2 plants in the same room, they are 1 week since flip, would they be polinated? Im confused and pissed off big time cuz i invested so much time in them...
What do u mean "throwing seeds out"?
Yes, one plant can pollenate another. Of course. How do u think plants procreate?
If u dont find any nanners then more than likely the males that u failed to cull in time fertilized ur females.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Why wud u toss a plant out of the rm cuz its got seeds in it? U toss plants that have pollen sacks not cuz they have been pollenated.

What do u mean "throwing seeds out"?
Yes, one plant can pollenate another. Of course. How do u think plants procreate?
If u dont find any nanners then more than likely the males that u failed to cull in time fertilized ur females.

Man im so stoned that i cant explain myself lol. I want to avoid future seed problems and continue growing same strain from clone to clone. I cant see any hermie attributes on any of my plants atm so im assuming they got pollinated during selection process. Will these plants produce any pollen and mess up my other plants that are 1 week since flip and in the same room? I DONT want seeds in my next harvest.

BTW english is not my first language :))

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I got you. I know that pollen doesnt live long in humid conditions, so i presume that my flowering clones are OK and wont get pollinated. Its been 7 weeks since the last male left the tent. Thanks ;)

Monster762

Monster762

Man im so stoned that i cant explain myself lol. I want to avoid future seed problems and continue growing same strain from clone to clone. I cant see any hermie attributes on any of my plants atm so im assuming they got pollinated during selection process. Will these plants produce any pollen and mess up my other plants that are 1 week since flip and in the same room? I DONT want seeds in my next harvest.

BTW english is not my first language :))
No.as long as there is not a pollen sac. If it was a male pulled late you’re good. I messed up n pollenated my tent. Now running clones of same plants and not pollenated.and these clones went in 30 days into the pollenated plants cycle. Shared a tent

Also noticing better bud growth. Plant focuses a lot of its energy on seed once pollenated.
Still I would clean the area good walls n all
can’t be too clean.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

No.as long as there is not a pollen sac. If it was a male pulled late you’re good. I messed up n pollenated my tent. Now running clones of same plants and not pollenated.and these clones went in 30 days into the pollenated plants cycle. Shared a tent

Also noticing better bud growth. Plant focuses a lot of its energy on seed once pollenated.
Still I would clean the area good walls n all
can’t be too clean.

Thanks for your input. Im hoping that im not blind and there is no pollen sacs on those 2 plants otherwise i will be screwed twice. Funny thing is that my previous island sweet skunk grow had hermies. 2 out of 4 plants were hermies, other 2 were a perfect sensi and in the same tent. Maybe pollen was sterile or something lol

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

I have seen female calyx with stigmas inside along with male flowers inside of them as well, that never opened. Now can they pollinate a female ovoule? What im saying here is both male and female flowers inside a female calyx opened inside the calyx without showing they opened...i have seen this....
Thanks for your input. Im hoping that im not blind and there is no pollen sacs on those 2 plants otherwise i will be screwed twice. Funny thing is that my previous island sweet skunk grow had hermies. 2 out of 4 plants were hermies, other 2 were a perfect sensi and in the same tent. Maybe pollen was sterile or something lol

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I have seen female calyx with stigmas inside along with male flowers inside of them as well, that never opened. Now can they pollinate a female ovoule? What im saying here is both male and female flowers inside a female calyx opened inside the calyx without showing they opened...i have seen this....

Is this genetics or triggered by stress? Ive killed the weakest looking plant and smoked some bud of it and can tell you its very good considering it had 3 more weeks to go. No seeds and no massive harshness(dried inside the tent for 2 days lol) tho ive found a couple of seeds in other bud of the same tree previously. Im just wondering if its genetics or one of them hermied and pollinated other 2. Sooo confused. I would kill all and start from new with other strain. I want no plant energy wasted for seeds. I want to find a real keeper

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

3 more weeks for other 2 to go, should be a nice bud. Im reliefed
IMG 3778

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Is this genetics or triggered by stress? Ive killed the weakest looking plant and smoked some bud of it and can tell you its very good considering it had 3 more weeks to go. No seeds and no massive harshness(dried inside the tent for 2 days lol) tho ive found a couple of seeds in other bud of the same tree previously. Im just wondering if its genetics or one of them hermied and pollinated other 2. Sooo confused. I would kill all and start from new with other strain. I want no plant energy wasted for seeds. I want to find a real keeper

Could be genetics and/or stress. Only you can answer that ?. Only through observation can you tell that. From what i have heard about anything "chem" family is it can hermie. The breeder says stress related. I have heard some people having drama with them...no saying its something serious i have heard stories.

Like @gnome said, you shouldnt throw it out cuz you seen a couple seeds. They could have come from a male you didnt cull quick enuff.

Killing plants before you see their full potential is not good...could have been stress. Now you just blanked on a great cut...DONT throw them away unless you see enuff male flowers that its worthless to keep plucking them off

Peace

Top Bottom