Hermies???

• Thread starter Mommag71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommag71

Mommag71

Our last harvest had quite a lot of seeds. We can’t figure out why! Here’s a pic of the new crop...well. Part of a plant. Please help! What do you see here?

Hermies
Hermies 2
Hermies 3
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nothing out of the ordinary for a female flowering plant.

The seeds likely come from nanners in the buds after they are more developed that are hard to see sometimes. Nutrient stress and heat is usually the main cause in my opinion. But light leaks are also a cause. The plants panic and reverse parts to pollenate themselves.

I nutrient and water stressed my last few plants pretty bad when I was injured and trying to take shortcuts with the garden. All the stressed plants had seeds in the lower denser buds. Couldnt see them until we dry trimmed them.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Like mimedgrower said, those look like some normal females. In addition to the stress factors already mentioned I would add that topping and defoliating too much at one time can also cause issues.

Mommag71

Mommag71

I think that’s how it was for us too. I didn’t see them at all. These plants were closest to the door, so I’m wondering if there’s a light leak. But we did also change to different nutes about halfway through. 🤦🏻‍♀️Could that be the problem? Temp I think is 69-71.

Mommag71

Mommag71

Like mimedgrower said, those look like some normal females. In addition to the stress factors already mentioned I would add that topping and defoliating too much at one time can also cause issues.

Mommag71

Mommag71

Thank you! All things I may be guilty of. I think we may have even put them in to flower too soon. My partner gets impatient! Thank you so much!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thank you! All things I may be guilty of. I think we may have even put them in to flower too soon. My partner gets impatient! Thank you so much!

You learn to be dilligent and attentive to everything or nature gets ya. ;-)

Top Bottom