hey everyone, i need an expert opinion

• Thread starter BJOHNSON234555
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BJOHNSON234555

im somewhat new to indoor growing being only my second crop . im about 4or 5 weeks into flower maybe more maybe less , to be honest i lost count but anyway today i notice that my light was off at 6pm with the schedule being 12am to 12pm. after noticing the problem i checked the camera ive got in the room to see what time it was shut off and my findings where that for some out of the normal reason the lights came on at noon like they are supposed to then shut off at 130 and where off until 630 when i noticed , so my question is what should i do ? turn them on for 6 hours then back on schedule or leave them off for 6 hours then back on at 12am leaving them on throughout the night and turning off at 12noon basically flipping the schedule they where on. hope this makes sense and isn't just rubbish thanks so much in advance

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

im somewhat new to indoor growing being only my second crop . im about 4or 5 weeks into flower maybe more maybe less , to be honest i lost count but anyway today i notice that my light was off at 6pm with the schedule being 12am to 12pm. after noticing the problem i checked the camera ive got in the room to see what time it was shut off and my findings where that for some out of the normal reason the lights came on at noon like they are supposed to then shut off at 130 and where off until 630 when i noticed , so my question is what should i do ? turn them on for 6 hours then back on schedule or leave them off for 6 hours then back on at 12am leaving them on throughout the night and turning off at 12noon basically flipping the schedule they where on. hope this makes sense and isn't just rubbish thanks so much in advance
Leave the cycle the same. Better to have longer dark then have light interruptions. It wont cause any issues

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Are the plants flowering normally? What caused the lights to fail? How many times did they turn off before you noticed, do you think? I would find and fix whatever timer issue is present and then put them back on the normal schedule. Keep an eye out for herming. At least it wasn't light on during the dark period.

B

BJOHNSON234555

They all look normal and happy minus a little over feeding from the other day . As far as the timer failure I have no clue what caused it other then a ghost lol nothing is wrong with anything it weird

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So just leave the lights off until noon tomorrow ?
Yeah if anything you may see a tiny bit of yellowing near the middle of growing tips. This will go away by then end if the light cycle in most cases its just growth without photosynthesis

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They all look normal and happy minus a little over feeding from the other day . As far as the timer failure I have no clue what caused it other then a ghost lol nothing is wrong with anything it weird
What timer do you have and are you sure there was not a short power outage?

B

BJOHNSON234555

I
What timer do you have and are you sure there was not a short power outage?
I've got a geeni brand plug timer that is controlled through my phone and the more I look into it there's a small period of time the camera stopped recording also so that means power outage but the timer should have turned the light back on being its during the on period. Least that's what I would have hoped but now I know and that things junk

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I

I've got a geeni brand plug timer that is controlled through my phone and the more I look into it there's a small period of time the camera stopped recording also so that means power outage but the timer should have turned the light back on being its during the on period. Least that's what I would have hoped but now I know and that things junk
Is it an electronic timer or a dial timer? I have an electronic timer, a power outage would keep the lights off until I got home and reset the timer etc

edit: looked it up on Amazon as far as name brand, looks 100% controlled through app but just want to be sure

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I

Something with a battery backup would be a good option. Lits of them out there. Try nearpow you can get them off amazon at a very reasonable price. If you need help programming it just tag me

B

BJOHNSON234555

Its not like a regular timer persay. It's a plug that I have the lights only plugged into and it's wifi capability and is controlled through an app where I can set the schedule and what not. As well as other functions
But as far as back ups there arent any unless I'm checking on them constantly and notice something like this right away.

Ill include some photos of my grow in this comment
Something with a battery backup would be a good option. Lits of them out there. Try nearpow you can get them off amazon at a very reasonable price. If you need help programming it just tag me

2CAA8E32014B 1651024892704
B

BJOHNSON234555

I've got some clones that I bought and planned to put outside but the weather hasn't been good enough for me to feel comfortable and they have just been
Exploding in size and quickly outgrowing my tent

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its not like a regular timer persay. It's a plug that I have the lights only plugged into and it's wifi capability and is controlled through an app where I can set the schedule and what not. As well as other functions
But as far as back ups there arent any unless I'm checking on them constantly and notice something like this right away.

Ill include some photos of my grow in this comment
Yeah they look great man. They should be fine but just keep an extra eye out as mentioned above stress can induce herms but it’s largely dependent on the strain. Highly unlikely but possible

B

BJOHNSON234555

Yeah I've already lost 2 of them for no reason , over night they turned thankfully I caught them super fast and it didn't effect the others

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got some clones that I bought and planned to put outside but the weather hasn't been good enough for me to feel comfortable and they have just been
Exploding in size and quickly outgrowing my tent
Reduce tent temps and light intensity a bit. Cool em down to around 70f and they will slow down. Or run a negative diff. Meaning lights on temps 2-3f cooler than night temps. That will greatly reduce node spacing and height gain.

Top Bottom