Hey Farmers, Better Hold On To Your Seeds And Genetics Wow

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phil.r

Have you seen this petition ?

I like the idea of having an open source license for breeders. Sounds like a protective mechanism to me that could prevent what happened to hop (per @Dirtbag 's example).

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you seen this petition ?

I like the idea of having an open source license for breeders. Sounds like a protective mechanism to me that could prevent what happened to hop (per @Dirtbag 's example).

Havent seen that. I wish it all the best but I dont see it going very far. Big Ag and Big Pharma have far too much control over regulation to ever let a bump in the road like this stop them. Between the big 4 Ag giants that is a trillion dollar industry with insiders throughout every level of government, and lobbyists on top of that.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Havent seen that. I wish it all the best but I dont see it going very far. Big Ag and Big Pharma have far too much control over regulation to ever let a bump in the road like this stop them. Between the big 4 Ag giants that is a trillion dollar industry with insiders throughout every level of government, and lobbyists on top of that.

Yup. Only have to look a a huge midwest corn field with miles of identical corn plants. GMO Monsanto.

They will offer a seed every commercial farmer wants and turn what we do into craft beer.[/QUOTE]

romulangenetics

romulangenetics

2nd Generation
Supporter
..as long as we stick together and share as a community we have pretty much everything available in the market and then some. We just can’t hoard our genetics with one another. We should be willing to give and take and quit worrying about profits and stakes. Give back to the plant. That’s just my theory.
This is exactly how to see things in my opinion. 💚

Top Bottom