Hey Farmers, Better Hold On To Your Seeds And Genetics Wow

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh absolutely. I’ll raise you one. I agree with you 100%. That is for sure their strategy. Because of course it is. But what can we do? Not legalize it? Let people get thrown into jail cells for smoking or growing a plant? I mean I guess I just don’t know what we can do. If you’ve got ideas, I’ve got ears.
The sad part brother, is I don't have "The Answer" but acceptance and apathy wont get our job done either. How much longer will we all bow before those that think they know better. Seeds of revolution???? lol no pun

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you do have the answer. Underground resistance. Spread the love, spread the seeds. Let them try and gmo a million different strains of cannabis. Good luck with that. Once they do, we’ll make more.

The only way we lose is if we stand still and allow them to catch up. As long as we keep progressing they’ll never catch us.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you do have the answer. Underground resistance. Spread the love, spread the seeds. Let them try and gmo a million different strains of cannabis. Good luck with that. Once they do, we’ll make more.

The only way we lose is if we stand still and allow them to catch up. As long as we keep progressing they’ll never catch us.
I was trying to not appear too radical but yea that is the path. Question it is, we need more numbers of peeps with good intentions not blinded by a quick buck to help it along. Nice input bro. OverGrow the world with heirloom strains and " just say no" to corporate profits at the expense of we the inhabitants of this wonderful globe we all call home.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My wife and I have talked seriously about getting off the grid. Nice chunk of land in bumblef^ck and live off the land. I’ve been in corporate world for 20 years and not sure how much longer I can continue.
Hamster in a wheel is getting old.
Hahahah..I thought I was almost alone..NO SOCIAL MEDIA presence..no facebook, no twitter etc..
I googled myself and I see only 1 entry..That made me smile.
I was also a slave in the corporate world..Fk that..I used them to make my $$ and retired happily..

I have my (Fems and Regs..+ a diy CS generator..) seed stock that should last me a lifetime..not to mention my own pollen chucks:smoking:
9 18 18

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The black market is destined to collapse. It only exists now because legalization happens only in certain areas, which means that leads to potential for trafficking and feeding the black market, but when sweeping legalization comes about, the profit margins drop. Even for licensed/legal grows, much less black market. I've heard people say this before; "There will always be a black market"...I disagree. Maybe there will be people that will sell a little here and there that they grow, but generally, there won't be much benefit. Like people who make beer or wine in their basement. They aren't swimming in cash over it for the most part, but it's a hobby in which they make a little cash. Compare that to alcohol during prohibition and you will see that an underground market for alcohol doesn't really exist and neither will a cannabis market in that realm.

As to other claims of better flower, it's hard to define "better". I have seen some people apply some insane pesticides on their flowering plants. Search this forum and you will see examples of it. I know growers who have unapologetically sprayed their crop with dangerous pesticides and, in talking with them, they knew how dangerous it was, but they simply didn't care. This blows my mind. Screw that...I had someone contact me today about our state regulations because they had a guy come visit their facility from out of state and they were hoping to find a loop hole on how to apply pesticides outside of the window (in other words, to spray fungicides on flowers which is against our regulations). And these are people WITHIN the boundaries of regulation, still trying to find ways to apply pesticides when they shouldn't.

Well you have made your mind up about the scenarios you described and I agree the big boys got problems.

I said better weed and I have never sprayed my indoor crop. Prevention is key.

There are many levels of maybe I should call it grey market because of Medical and caregiver license.

I live in between the two extremes you noted. No need to be greedy out here in the country hills.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

and thats the whole strategy, take the market, tailor it to make just a few filthy rich, and pound the little guys. Home Depot anyone. :D

Eh, I was a sales manager in different jobs in the car business for 20 years. Well a salesman the first few. And I did ok in all kinds of markets over the years even when the corporations started buying 100’s of dealers at a time and I worked for a nice little mom and pop outfit.

And this little thing I got going is well under the radar (as far as I know ) and Grows nice and slow but steady.

I stick with greed is the downfall. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My wife and I have talked seriously about getting off the grid. Nice chunk of land in bumblef^ck and live off the land. I’ve been in corporate world for 20 years and not sure how much longer I can continue.
Hamster in a wheel is getting old.

Some places are just a little off the grid. I’m an hour and a half drive from the nearest city. It’s country. But I still have an internet connection. Lol.

rootexcess

rootexcess

Well you have made your mind up about the scenarios you described and I agree the big boys got problems.

I said better weed and I have never sprayed my indoor crop. Prevention is key.

There are many levels of maybe I should call it grey market because of Medical and caregiver license.

I live in between the two extremes you noted. No need to be greedy out here in the country hills.
I've been involved with a lot of activism and I have observed as markets evolve. Logical conclusions can be drawn through empirical evidence and market forecasts. Observe current markets and see how many people, even within the grey markets are struggling. This would be why so many of them that were accustomed to that market for decades actively pushed against legalization efforts. They saw the threat that would come with a legit capitalistic market.

As far as safe pesticide practices. I put a lot of focus on IPM, and that goes for crop health, applicator safety and consumer health and safety, but not everyone shares our virtues.

Monster762

Monster762

While they mass produce crappy dispensary weed I’ll be blazin something real. I been saying this. They will make sure seeds aren’t available. Part of the control of the dollar. First time I got hands on real genetics I pollenated part by accident but got a bunch of what looks to be a promising cross. Flowering now

Freshone

Freshone

You guys worry too much about what others are doing,just stay in your own lane and do your thing.If we wiped out monsanto tomorrow three new (probably worse) companies would pop up to take their place,its just the way it is.All you can do is not support them and their nonsense and live your life the way you see fit.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Well we have two choices.

We can sit here and complain, talk shit and do nothing. This is the most popular scenario in American life.

Or we can come up with a strategy to combat it and hope to make a change for the better.

We might not be able to shut them down but we can try to shut them out. We might not be able to fight them in court or face to face but we stand our ground and stand up for our principles.

We can band together and become stronger or we can sit and dwell on what could have been. We can let the bull run over us or we can grab it by the horns and take it for a ride.

The choice is ours. And now is as good of a time as any to form a strategy for moving forward and preserving what is rightfully ours.

While we might not be able to do much we can do something and to not do anything imo is just not an option.

Or maybe it is?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well we have two choices.

We can sit here and complain, talk shit and do nothing. This is the most popular scenario in American life.

Or we can come up with a strategy to combat it and hope to make a change for the better.

We might not be able to shut them down but we can try to shut them out. We might not be able to fight them in court or face to face but we stand our ground and stand up for our principles.

We can band together and become stronger or we can sit and dwell on what could have been. We can let the bull run over us or we can grab it by the horns and take it for a ride.

The choice is ours. And now is as good of a time as any to form a strategy for moving forward and preserving what is rightfully ours.

While we might not be able to do much we can do something and to not do anything imo is just not an option.

Or maybe it is?
Sounds like a similar battle fought against the war in Vietnam..eventually the truth came out (the Pentagon Papers) and sentiments shifted rapidly after that....I would hope that the folks of today stand up for their beliefs (and to make sure..prepare for the worst)!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Although I agree they are going to try to get their hands in everywhere but because cannabis is such connoisseur type product I think it will be like the craft beer/wine industry. Of course the Budweiser’s of the world will be there but there will always be demand for unique craft style cannabis.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Um, not to derail the conspiracy theories, but y'all know its been illegal for Monsanto to be be growing these seeds anywhere in the world until Canada legalized, right? I am unaware that Monsanto has been able to grow the multiple generations of weed necessary to stabilize a strain in the few months since Canada legalized. Maybe they invented a time machine. Where, exactly, is Monsanto supposed to be doing this work, which would be highly illegal under US federal law?

Really, folks, put on your critical thinking caps. Weed is a tiny market compared to corn, wheat, soybeans, where a single farmer will plant more seeds for a single crop, than all the weed farmers in North America will use in a year. Why would Monsanto worry about a dink market?

Finally, you GMO lunatics need to get a life. There is exactly zero evidence that any GMO crop has ever done any harm to humans.

Top Bottom