Hey Farmers, Better Hold On To Your Seeds And Genetics Wow

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
This has been going on a while now. GW Phama Is who you need to worry about. From when they first started doing their trials got patents for a ton of cannabinoids. I think they have already got initial FDA approval on one or 2 things which means they are going to be the ones claiming everything. Now that's not to say Bayer or someone like Monsanto won't buy them.

Here ya go for an interesting read:
https://patents.justia.com/assignee/gw-pharma-limited

------------------------------------------------------------
EXTRACTION OF PHARMACEUTICALLY ACTIVE COMPONENTS FROM PLANT MATERIALS
Mar 23, 2017 - GW Pharma Limited
The invention relates to the extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials, and more particularly to the preparation of a botanical drug substance (BDS) for incorporation in to a medicament. It also relates to a BDS of given purity, for use in pharmaceutical formulations. In particular it relates to BDS comprising cannabinoids obtained by extraction from cannabis.

aka C02 extraction of cannabinoids

--------------------------------------------------------------

P

Phil.r

Just came across this article the other day

I kinda dig what those guys at Strainly are trying to do...

What do you think?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Just came across this article the other day

I kinda dig what those guys at Strainly are trying to do...

What do you think?

I really like Strainly. Trying to get my rep up on that site. Been able to hook up with some pretty cool folks on there.

the rrock

the rrock

Funny..I liked Gorilla Bomb Better than the original GG#4..Reminds me..need to drop another..Thanx for the reminder..
Royal Gorilla from RQS is the 2nd shot..I like the Bomb way better:)

View attachment 830578 View attachment 830579
I ran the G-Bonb from Bomb seeds and it is truly a keeper,gots the bluebrry flavor more than any blueberry ive ever grown or tasted. Big yielder and A+++ bag apeal. On the original topic y'all are way to paranoid.(save your seeds for what?) maybe I dont get it

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I ran the G-Bonb from Bomb seeds and it is truly a keeper,gots the bluebrry flavor more than any blueberry ive ever grown or tasted. Big yielder and A+++ bag apeal. On the original topic y'all are way to paranoid.(save your seeds for what?) maybe I dont get it
Mine never had BB flavor, but was super smoke anyway.
On the original topic, I would be more concerned about Monsanto like companys buying up as many breeders that they can, and doing their GMO BS on them..I have more than enough seeds myself and am making new strains when I can. (regs and fems). Look at what dispensarys have done to supposedly good genetics..The weed in Nevada Dispensarys (North anyway) is horrible.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Mine never had BB flavor, but was super smoke anyway.
On the original topic, I would be more concerned about Monsanto like companys buying up as many breeders that they can, and doing their GMO BS on them..I have more than enough seeds myself and am making new strains when I can. (regs and fems). Look at what dispensarys have done to supposedly good genetics..The weed in Nevada Dispensarys (North anyway) is horrible.

It’s the shitty growers not doing a better job because well quite frankly they don’t have to. It’ll take a little while but eventually shitty growers will have to get better or find another business. I think that’s why concentrates are so popular. You can take shitty weed and make reasonably decent concentrates and add terps to cover the fact it was grown like shit.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

I don’t think we are paranoid. The financial incentive is certainly there and if that’s the case you’d be remissed to think there’s not a company willing to persue it. We aren’t saying you should grab up everything and hoard it, in fact we are stating the opposite. We need to share amongst one another to ensure their efforts are futile.

Especially since it really wouldn’t cost much money to buy up every strain on the open market. Sure it would be more than you or I could afford but a company like Monsanto it would be a drop in the bucket.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

It’s the shitty growers not doing a better job because well quite frankly they don’t have to. It’ll take a little while but eventually shitty growers will have to get better or find another business. I think that’s why concentrates are so popular. You can take shitty weed and make reasonably decent concentrates and add terps to cover the fact it was grown like shit.
I spoke with one master grower at a local dispensary..He said he was handcuffed by management that was only interested in turning a quick $$ and I believe him. Salaries are down here and the prices are coming down at last. We are different though, since demand will always be high with all the tourists. I use a dispensary sometimes, to try a strain before I buy seeds.
You CAN"T ADD ANYTHING to the product here without listing it (and whatever it is..must be state approved)..Doing so would jeopardize their license (Nevada is pretty tough....lessons learned from our gaming industry)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I spoke with one master grower at a local dispensary..He said he was handcuffed by management that was only interested in turning a quick $$ and I believe him. Salaries are down here and the prices are coming down at last. We are different though, since demand will always be high with all the tourists. I use a dispensary sometimes, to try a strain before I buy seeds.
You CAN"T ADD ANYTHING to the product here without listing it (and whatever it is..must be state approved)..Doing so would jeopardize their license (Nevada is pretty tough....lessons learned from our gaming industry)

Yeah but how are they going to know if terps were added to a concentrate? Not saying they do that to bud, although they might.

And sure sadly profit is all any big business is after. Which is why quality suffers until the consumers vote with their wallets.

There’s little chance of that happening while supplies are tight. But once things settle down I do believe yelp like services will start to dominate the market as folks search out better suppliers.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah but how are they going to know if terps were added to a concentrate? Not saying they do that to bud, although they might.

And sure sadly profit is all any big business is after. Which is why quality suffers until the consumers vote with their wallets.

There’s little chance of that happening while supplies are tight. But once things settle down I do believe yelp like services will start to dominate the market as folks search out better suppliers.
TESTING tells all! If they were gonna add terps..bet they would use the cheap stuff too and lose their license in the process..NOT worth it imo.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why does everyone say you can make concentrates from shitty weed? Shitty weed=shitty concentrates.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
TESTING tells all! If they were gonna add terps..bet they would use the cheap stuff too and lose their license in the process..NOT worth it imo.

It’s already happening now though. Maybe not in Nevada but elsewhere. It’s only a matter of time before folks start doing it because it helps the bottom line and they don’t know any better and it’s not their license but the company they work for. If they have a performance based pay structure it’s going to invite nudging the rules.

You said it yourself they are being forced to turn a quick buck and to do that corners are cut. It’s just another corner to cut.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Why does everyone say you can make concentrates from shitty weed? Shitty weed=shitty concentrates.

Yeah but shitty concentrates are better than shitty flower material. Im not saying it’s better than good concentrates.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Genetically modified seeds rule the commercial food industry but you can still buy boutique vegetable seeds. Even organicically grown.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

It’s already happening now though. Maybe not in Nevada but elsewhere. It’s only a matter of time before folks start doing it because it helps the bottom line and they don’t know any better and it’s not their license but the company they work for. If they have a performance based pay structure it’s going to invite nudging the rules.

You said it yourself they are being forced to turn a quick buck and to do that corners are cut. It’s just another corner to cut.
I was in the gaming business here for many years..Trust me, after everything we had to go thru to get a key gaming license; there was NO way I would take any risk..For me, there was way too much $$ at stake and I valued my career. The investigation was a bitch..they went all the way back to my high school years.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah but shitty concentrates are better than shitty flower material. Im not saying it’s better than good concentrates.

I dont get very high from dispensary resin products either. Or caregivers and growers who process bad grows into dabs either. Happens every year with outdoor out here.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I was in the gaming business here for many years..Trust me, after everything we had to go thru to get a key gaming license; there was NO way I would take any risk..For me, there was way too much $$ at stake and I valued my career. The investigation was a bitch..they went all the way back to my high school years.

Does everyone in the cannabis business go through the same wringer? If so then maybe Nevada will be an exception. But it’s happening all around in other states. I’ve seen horror stories on these forums.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Does everyone in the cannabis business go through the same wringer? If so then maybe Nevada will be an exception. But it’s happening all around in other states. I’ve seen horror stories on these forums.
I don't think it's quite that strict, but they seem to have modeled the security aspects after gaming. Nevada has a vested interest in keeping the federal government out (the really bad guys too). The Nevada Gaming Control Board, while political, is very strict. I was a lucky one..They liked me, but I still had to file the application.

Our outgoing Governor (great guy) was keenly aware of the federal and other state's "interest" shown after the 2016 Recreational vote, and now more than ever is determined to protect that huge and growing tax base. I have been retired for quite a while and perhaps things have changed..but I don't think so.

Top Bottom