Hey Farmers, Better Hold On To Your Seeds And Genetics Wow

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phil.r

Sad to report Strainly is a bust and full of scammers.

I have been scammed 4 of 4 times now at Strainly. Then I reported it, and got banned from their site. Seems to me that Strainly is making their own fake accounts, and banning people that report them. I have a video and pictures showing in detail how they scammed me. It's real.

Then on top of that, they reported my account on IG and got it shut down. Haters.

... hhmmm... I've had only positive experiences on this site and this is pretty the case for everybody around me using this site...
They've been known for being quick to ban scammers and anyone threatening or bullying...

How do you know who reports you on IG??

rayi

rayi

In Michigan right after the vote a bill was introduced to stop home growers. It was billed as a quality control thing but it was because the State wanted control and taxes. Can't ever leave your guard down

P

Phil.r

In Michigan right after the vote a bill was introduced to stop home growers. It was billed as a quality control thing but it was because the State wanted control and taxes. Can't ever leave your guard down

Did it pass? Homegrowing isn't allowed anymore in Michigan?

E

eirI

My wife and I have talked seriously about getting off the grid. Nice chunk of land in bumblef^ck and live off the land. I’ve been in corporate world for 20 years and not sure how much longer I can continue.
Hamster in a wheel is getting old.
Getting back to what you said control and money or profits. When scientists have come to a dead end at distilling cannabis what’s next

Wolfe

Wolfe

I have an extended plant count for 24 for edibles. I’ve kept my card current for over 7 years. That’s Colorado approved by the state.
I already get 12 plants as i have a medical card. 24 including Mrs. MMG. Im keeping it active to hopefully stay grandfathered in. Seems every rec state cuts down plant count soon after legalization.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Here in Washington, home growing is nominally illegal, but no-one cares about a small garden. The Liquor Control Board has been loathe to consider the numerous proposals to allow small grows. My friends and I just do it, anyway. My 69 yr old neighbor likes to peek over the fence to see how the girls do; she loves how they look.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Here in Washington, home growing is nominally illegal, but no-one cares about a small garden. The Liquor Control Board has been loathe to consider the numerous proposals to allow small grows. My friends and I just do it, anyway. My 69 yr old neighbor likes to peek over the fence to see how the girls do; she loves how they look.
Make her some salves from one of the plants at the fence! And tell her this is to aid in her back pain from the constant peeking! Lol

P

Phil.r

Hey folks,

Was reading this article last night

It seems some breeders are in the process of formally pledging and licensing their seeds under open source. Has anyone seen any official open source pack yet?

This is really inspiring. I'd def release my seeds under open source if I was a breeder.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

I have always maintained that cannabis was heading down a slippery slope while everyone was rejoicing about being able to legally get high. I've been called a conspiracy theorist and negative by some. As mentioned in the article even with the so called rights we think we have there is still a war on the people and the cannabis we need and enjoy!!!!!

Well here you go homies...………

The War on Weed: Monsanto, Bayer, and the Push for “Corporate Cannabis”

California’s “Adult Use of Marijuana Act” (AUMA) is a voter initiative characterized as legalizing marijuana use. But critics warn that it will actually make access more difficult and expensive, squeeze home growers and small farmers out of the market, heighten criminal sanctions for violations, and open the door to patented, genetically modified (GMO) versions that must be purchased year after year.

As detailed in Part I of this article, the health benefits of cannabis are now well established. It is a cheap, natural alternative effective for a broad range of conditions, and the non-psychoactive form known as hemp has thousands of industrial uses. At one time, cannabis was one of the world’s most important crops. There have been no recorded deaths from cannabis overdose in the US, compared to about 30,000 deaths annually from alcohol abuse (not counting auto accidents), and 100,000 deaths annually from prescription drugs taken as directed. Yet cannabis remains a Schedule I controlled substance (“a deadly dangerous drug with no medical use and high potential for abuse”), illegal to be sold or grown in the US.

Powerful corporate interests no doubt had a hand in keeping cannabis off the market. The question now is why they have suddenly gotten on the bandwagon for its legalization. According to an April 2014 article in The Washington Times, the big money behind the recent push for legalization has come, not from a grassroots movement, but from a few very wealthy individuals with links to Big Ag and Big Pharma.

Leading the charge is George Soros, a major shareholder in Monsanto, the world’s largest seed company and producer of genetically modified seeds. Monsanto is the biotech giant that brought you Agent Orange, DDT, PCBs, dioxin-based pesticides, aspartame, rBGH (genetically engineered bovine growth hormone), RoundUp (glyphosate) herbicides, and RoundUp Ready crops (seeds genetically engineered to withstand glyphosate).

Monsanto now appears to be developing genetically modified (GMO) forms of cannabis, with the intent of cornering the market with patented GMO seeds just as it did with GMO corn and GMO soybeans. For that, the plant would need to be legalized but still tightly enough controlled that it could be captured by big corporate interests. Competition could be suppressed by limiting access to homegrown marijuana; bringing production, sale and use within monitored and regulated industry guidelines; and legislating a definition of industrial hemp as a plant having such low psychoactivity that only GMO versions qualify. Those are the sorts of conditions that critics have found buried in the fine print of the latest initiatives for cannabis legalization.

Patients who use the cannabis plant in large quantities to heal serious diseases (e.g. by juicing it) find that the natural plant grown organically in sunlight is far more effective than hothouse plants or pharmaceutical cannabis derivatives. Letitia Pepper is a California attorney and activist who uses medical marijuana to control multiple sclerosis. As she puts it, if you don’t have an irrevocable right to grow a natural, therapeutic herb in your backyard that a corporation able to afford high license fees can grow and sell to you at premium prices, isn’t that still a war on people who use marijuana?

Follow the Money to Uruguay

Monsanto has denied that it is working on GMO strains. But William Engdahl, author ofSeeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation, presents compelling circumstantial evidence to the contrary. In a March 2014 article titled “The Connection Between the Legalization of Marijuana in Uruguay, Monsanto and George Soros”, Engdahl observes that in 2014, Uruguay became the first country to legalize the cultivation, sale and consumption of marijuana. Soros is a major player in Uruguay and was instrumental in getting the law passed. He sits on the board of the New York-based Drug Policy Alliance (DPA), the world’s most influential organization for cannabis legalization. The DPA is active not only in the US but in Uruguay and other Latin American countries. Engdahl writes:

Studies show that Monsanto without much fanfare conducts research projects on the active ingredient in marijuana, namely THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), in order to genetically manipulate the plant. David Watson of the Dutch company Hortapharm has since 1990 created the world’s largest collection of Cannabis seed varieties. In 1998, the British firm GW Pharmaceuticals signed an agreement with Hortapharm that gives GW Pharma the rights to use the Hortapharm cannabis for their research.

In 2003 the German Bayer AG then signed an agreement with GW Pharmaceuticals for joint research on a cannabis-based extract. In 2007, Bayer AG agreed to an exchange of technology with . . . Monsanto . . . . Thus Monsanto has discreet access to the work of the cannabis plant and its genetic modification. In 2009 GW Pharmaceuticals announced that it had succeeded in genetically altering a cannabis plant and patented a new breed of cannabis.

Monsanto could have even greater access to the Bayer/GW research soon. In March 2016, Monsanto approached the giant German chemical and pharmaceutical company Bayer AG with a joint venture proposal concerning its crop science unit. In May, Bayer then made an unsolicited takeover bid for Monsanto. On May 24th, the $62 billion bid was rejected as too low; but negotiations are continuing.

The prospective merger would create the world’s largest supplier of seeds and chemicals. Environmentalists worry that the entire farming industry could soon be looking at sterile crops soaked in dangerous pesticides. Monsanto has sued hundreds of farmers for simply saving seeds from year to year, something they have done for millennia. Organic farmers are finding it increasingly difficult to prevent contamination of their crops by Monsanto’s GMOs.

In Seeds of Destruction, Engdahl quotes Henry Kissinger, Richard Nixon’s Secretary of State. Kissinger notoriously said, “Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.” Engdahl asserts that the “Green Revolution” was part of the Rockefeller agenda to destroy seed diversity and push oil- and gas-based agricultural products in which Rockefeller had a major interest. Destruction of seed diversity and dependence on proprietary hybrids was the first step in food control. About 75% of the foodstuffs at the grocery store are now genetically manipulated, in what has been called the world’s largest biological experiment on humans.

Genetic engineering is now moving from foodstuffs to plant-based drugs and plant-based industrial fibers. Engdahl writes of Monsanto’s work in Uruguay:

Since the cultivation of cannabis plants in Uruguay is allowed, one can easily imagine that Monsanto sees a huge new market that the Group is able to control just with patented cannabis seeds such as today is happening on the market for soybeans. Uruguay’s President Mujica has made it clear he wants a unique genetic code for cannabis in his country in order to “keep the black market under control.”

Genetically modified cannabis seeds from Monsanto would grant such control. For decades Monsanto has been growing gene-soybean and GM maize in Uruguay too. George Soros is co-owner of agribusinesses Adecoagro, which planted genetically modified soybeans and sunflowers for biofuel.

Other commentators express similar concerns. Natural health writer Mike Adams warns:

[W]ith the cannabis industry predicted to generate over $13 billion by 2020, becoming one of the largest agricultural markets in the nation, there should be little doubt that companies like Monsanto are simply waiting for Uncle Sam to remove the herb from its current Schedule I classification before getting into the business.

In a 2010 article concerning Proposition 19, an earlier legalization initiative that was defeated by California voters, Conrad Justice Kiczenski noted that criminalization of cannabis as both industrial hemp and medical marijuana has served a multitude of industries, including the prison and military industry, the petroleum, timber, cotton, and pharmaceutical industries, and the banking industry. With the decriminalization of cannabis, he warned:

The next stage in continuing this control is in the regulation, licensing and taxation of Cannabis cultivation and use through the only practical means available to the corporate system, which is through genetic engineering and patenting of the Cannabis genome.

AUMA: Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing?

Suspicions like these are helping to fuel opposition to the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA), a 2016 initiative that would rewrite the medical marijuana laws in California. While AUMA purports to legalize marijuana for recreational use, the bill comes with so many restrictions that it actually makes acquisition more difficult and expensive than under existing law, and makes it a criminal offense for anyone under 21. Critics contend that the Act will simply throw access to this medicinal wonder plant into the waiting arms of the Monsanto/Bayer/petrochemical/pharmaceutical complex. They say AUMA is a covert attempt to preempt California’s Compassionate Use Act, Proposition 215, which was passed in 1996 by voter initiative.

Prop 215 did not legalize the sale of marijuana, but it did give ill or disabled people of any age the right to grow and share the plant and its derivatives on a not-for-profit basis. They could see a doctor of their choice, who could approve medical marijuana for a vast panoply of conditions; and they were assured of safe and affordable access to the plant at a nearby cooperative not-for-profit dispensary, or in their own backyards. As clarified by the 2008 Attorney General’s Guidelines, Prop 215 allowed reimbursement for the labor, costs and skill necessary to grow and distribute medical marijuana; and it allowed distribution through a “storefront dispensing collective.” However, the sale of marijuana for corporate profit remained illegal. Big Pharma and affiliates were thus blocked from entering the field.

At the end of 2015 (effective 2016), the California state legislature over-rode Prop 215 with MMRSA – the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act of 2015/16 – which effectively rewrites the Health Code pertaining to medical marijuana. Opponents contend that MMRSA is unconstitutional, since a voter initiative cannot be changed by legislative action unless it so provides. And that is why its backers need AUMA, a voter initiative that validates MMRSA in its fine print. In combination with stricter California Medical Association rules for enforcement, MMRSA effectively moves medical marijuana therapy from the wholistic plant to a pharmaceutical derivative, one that must follow an AUMA or American Pharmaceutical Association mode of delivery. MMRSA turns the right to cultivate into a revocable privilege to grow, contingent on local rules. The right to choose one’s own doctor is also eliminated.

Critics note that of the hundreds of millions in tax revenues that AUMA is expected to generate from marijuana and marijuana-related products, not a penny will go to the California general fund. That means no money for California’s public schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, roads and other infrastructure. Instead, it will go into a giant slush fund controlled by AUMA’s “Marijuana Control Board,” to be spent first for its own administration, then for its own law enforcement, then for penal and judicial program expenditures.

Law enforcement and penalties will continue to be big business, since AUMA legalizes marijuana use only for people over 21 and makes access so difficult and expensive that even adults could be tempted to turn to the black market. “Legalization” through AUMA will chiefly serve a petrochemical/pharmaceutical complex bent on controlling all farming and plant life globally.

Ellen Brown is an attorney, Founder of the Public Banking Institute, and author of twelve books, including the best-selling Web of Debt. Her latest book, The Public Bank Solution, explores successful public banking models historically and globally. Her 300+ blog articles are at EllenBrown.com. She can be heard biweekly on “It’s Our Money with Ellen Brown” on PRN.FM. ellen Brown is a frequent contributor to Global Research
It's all bad for you and it's all on purpose.. and it's been going on for over 10'000 years.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I already get 12 plants as i have a medical card. 24 including Mrs. MMG. Im keeping it active to hopefully stay grandfathered in. Seems every rec state cuts down plant count soon after legalization.

You are lucky. Colorado changed the law and threw out plant counts no matter what you card says or how many people have a card. 16 max per address now. Rip my plant count. I guess its good if I wanted to buy a lb from a disp...lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are lucky. Colorado changed the law and threw out plant counts no matter what you card says or how many people have a card. 16 max per address now. Rip my plant count. I guess its good if I wanted to buy a lb from a disp...lol.

The michigan voters didnt think to secure any rules either. Voted yes to rec but no parameters really listed. Now they have formed their own government group to decide everything.

Bet medical and the 12 plant rec count go away in a year.

I should grow where its illegal. I feel safer in the black market. West Virginia or mountains of tenesee here i come! ;-)

O

Okiegrows

My wife and I have talked seriously about getting off the grid. Nice chunk of land in bumblef^ck and live off the land. I’ve been in corporate world for 20 years and not sure how much longer I can continue.
Hamster in a wheel is getting old.
Do it me and my wife aren’t off the grid but we aren’t in the city anymore . We supplement our income with our small grow . I pick the remodel jobs I want and my wife only tattoos big stuff now . We have so much time for our kids and just life . I feel your pain duder . I ran multi million commercial construction jobs . I hated my life work ,suits , fucking safety asshats . My wife’s tattoo studio took all of her time . Employees etc their drama . Blah blah . I say do it my man . One day u will wake up and thank sweet baby jeebus and all the other gods . That u did . Cheers dude .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The black market is destined to collapse. It only exists now because legalization happens only in certain areas, which means that leads to potential for trafficking and feeding the black market, but when sweeping legalization comes about, the profit margins drop. Even for licensed/legal grows, much less black market. I've heard people say this before; "There will always be a black market"...I disagree. Maybe there will be people that will sell a little here and there that they grow, but generally, there won't be much benefit. Like people who make beer or wine in their basement. They aren't swimming in cash over it for the most part, but it's a hobby in which they make a little cash. Compare that to alcohol during prohibition and you will see that an underground market for alcohol doesn't really exist and neither will a cannabis market in that realm.

As to other claims of better flower, it's hard to define "better". I have seen some people apply some insane pesticides on their flowering plants. Search this forum and you will see examples of it. I know growers who have unapologetically sprayed their crop with dangerous pesticides and, in talking with them, they knew how dangerous it was, but they simply didn't care. This blows my mind. Screw that...I had someone contact me today about our state regulations because they had a guy come visit their facility from out of state and they were hoping to find a loop hole on how to apply pesticides outside of the window (in other words, to spray fungicides on flowers which is against our regulations). And these are people WITHIN the boundaries of regulation, still trying to find ways to apply pesticides when they shouldn't.

Black market is doing pretty well in Canada even with country wide legalization.
And it's because corporations are greedy.

But, If some of these companies develop and patent GMO's I could see it creating serious demand among the moron public just like proprietary hops do. Try and find a craft beer that isnt made with proprietary hops that we average people arent allowed to grow.
And I've had GMO pot... not gonna lie it was devastatingly strong. Pink kush triploid that was consistently testing in the 30-35% cannabinoid range. Shit would sit you right down.. Mind you that was a GMO developed on the black market.. lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Black market is doing pretty well in Canada even with country wide legalization.
And it's because corporations are greedy.

But, If some of these companies develop and patent GMO's I could see it creating serious demand among the moron public just like proprietary hops do. Try and find a craft beer that isnt made with proprietary hops that we average people arent allowed to grow.
And I've had GMO pot... not gonna lie it was devastatingly strong. Pink kush triploid that was consistently testing in the 30-35% cannabinoid range. Shit would sit you right down.. Mind you that was a GMO developed on the black market.. lol

Greed and regulations keep the black market going. I have had to lower my prices to compete but with the black market. No one that loves great weed trusts the dispensaries for long.

Even vape cartridges are much better from black market producers.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Greed and regulations keep the black market going. I have had to lower my prices to compete but with the black market. No one that loves great weed trusts the dispensaries for long.

Even vape cartridges are much better from black market producers.

Yep.. Its silly up here. Govt sells for $8-15 per gram, no bulk discounts. So ounces can cost $250-$400. You can go to an unlicensed black market dispensary and buy an ounce of better weed for $150, or you can find a local grower pretty easily and buy it for $100 an ounce.

The govt put so much red tape and regulation on legal production to keep out all the regular Joe's, that its backfiring because now legal weed is too expensive to produce at a competitive rate.

I do believe this is all a prelude to something much worse though... Its only a matter of time before police start cracking down.

Just a couple weeks ago a young couple in Revelstoke opened their home to the public for a garden tour in the neighborhood. An off duty cop happened to be on the tour and the next week the couple had their house trashed in a search and their 3 pot plants confiscated because they were "visible to the public through invitiation"... Even though they were on the property and not visible to anybody unless you were in their backyard. Pretty Lame..

Seriously, read this... Its nuts.

Top Bottom