Hey farmers

• Thread starter Dosifry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I hope so bro. First coco. This is the time in the grow ALWAYS get all neurotic and unsure. No matter how many grows I do I could swear somethings not right etc etc. total nut job psychosis’s 🤪 it’s out of my hands. My wife tunes me out from week 2 to week 5 haha!!
Yeah definitely when the most issues crop up. But they look like they are about to haul ass.... just see them looking like it's go time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You do any posts on mainlining? I’m just starting to play around a bit since I have some seeds lately. If so point me in the direction. I always like reading it all here.
Nope, haven't tried it... to much effort and time for me... can get some pretty crazy results though. No doubt about it, just feel like effort spent better elsewhere although take that with a gain of salt and maybe some humble pie because like I say... not tried it before.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’ve got some Afghani bubble hash from a friend. I’m so easily distracted. Said it taste like old school. I’ll b the judge of that right now 🧐 . I would be STOKED if it were true.
like this😁
1FEA8AA8 3E2C 4790 B2F0 1938CC953DF8

Dosifry

Dosifry

WOW! Has the dark outside and the lighter tan inside. Mine does not. It’s not bad at all but not what I was hoping for as far as “old school flavor”
Did you make this? Do you have any strain recommendations in order to achieve whst I’m hoping for? Sry lots of questions. I get excitable regarding talking shop. I think folks here just accept me instead of labeling me weird and backing off lol. I’ve just a type of excitable, nervous personality at times is all. No BIGS BRO! Nice looking shit though! I wish I could taste a micro crumb lol!

Dosifry

Dosifry

I think next time I cram 72 plants in (6) 2x8 trays I will go w 2 gal pots.
I need somebody opinion. You can see from the photo the way my flower room reflectors are orientated. I used to have them the other way w the bulbs running perpendicular to the canopy. I think running them that way would give me better overlap and light the canopy more evenly. Right now the luxury meter peaks and valleys when run over the length of the canopy. A 5 foot canopy It’s a stretch in the first place but anyone have an opinion of the best way to orientate my reflectors?
I wish I could have said that with alot less words 🤪
Ty all✊

Dosifry

Dosifry

Originally I was going to light the whole room with HPS both sides. That would have left some good light overlap in the center aisle so the edges of the canopy would get more light. I’m slowly working my way up Convert everything up with LED. Then I Canlite both sides without upgrading to a 200 amp service service

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I think next time I cram 72 plants in (6) 2x8 trays I will go w 2 gal pots.
I need somebody opinion. You can see from the photo the way my flower room reflectors are orientated. I used to have them the other way w the bulbs running perpendicular to the canopy. I think running them that way would give me better overlap and light the canopy more evenly. Right now the luxury meter peaks and valleys when run over the length of the canopy. A 5 foot canopy It’s a stretch in the first place but anyone have an opinion of the best way to orientate my reflectors?
I wish I could have said that with alot less words 🤪
Ty all✊
How long was your grow before flip was these seeds or clones 👻🚂😜👍👀

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So my ph is going in at 5.8 - 6 but coming back at 5.4 - 5.5. The ppm is 800ish coming back spot on.
I know you told me a little about why the ph may b coming back lower but I can’t find that conversation.
Just on the way to work bro... its likely nutrient ratio related but in the meantime look at the roots make sure no decay. Make sure the runoff ppm isn't more than 200 over the input.

Water source again? And all additives and nutrients?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So after I can look at the water source and ratios of nutes plus additives... I would also suggest a drop in the ppm about 600 is where I would start.

What week of flower again here?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also I should take back the statement of lowering the ppm for now atleast...

Blind guess is nitrate nitrogen was reduced. Root shedding or any organics will increase ammonium nitrogen so the ratio of nitrate to ammonium is now closer and the plants as they take up ammonium will release h+ions in the process in turn lowering ph in the media.

If this is the case an increase in nitrate nitrogen or an increased feed frequency will help.

You have to remember root mass is at its largest and your in very small containers (not a bad thing) but root decay from natural shedding and air pruning will play a bigger role now more than ever.

This is where a denitrying bacteria and nitrogen consuming enzymes can really come in handy to quickly convert the ammonium to nitrates and as nitrates are taken up the PH in the media will rise as we usually see and offset the that PH drop.

This is why ppl always assume root rot because decaying roots lead to an increase in ammonia and with no nitrobacter that leads to PH drop. What most don't realize is it's not always bad per se but just a result of conditions. You definitely want to check for root rot but I doubt it's the case here.

I seen this slightly in my last 2 grows in coco and peat... I managed to stabilize it by adding enzymes once a week and adding a nitro bacteria by hand every 2 weeks. But it really has me convinced we should be running higher nitrates at least until after stretch and not making to much of a reduction until photosynthesis starts to slow down once bulking starts. It just shows how much the plant needs nitrogen much further into flower and that PK boosting is more of a marketing improvement rather than a plant improvement.

Like I was saying in our convo P should be fed in veg through stretch. K demand increases after stretch. N IMO is in high demand until bulking and photosynthesis starts to slow down a bit. N is absolutely critical for photosynthesis so it not only makes sense but also shows clearly on the plants.

I can get into how to make your own nitro bacteria but it takes about 5 weeks unless you use an additive or have a friend with a well cycled fishtank. Very easy to test and verify the colony is thriving with a simple nitrate and ammonia test kit from the pet store.. You can keep a 5 gal pail or a large as you like going infinitly with simply water, a sponge filter, air pump and ammonia from the local grocery store. With that you won't need enzymes for that aspect.

I dont post on this stuff usually because I sound crazy lol. But hey ppls fire away this time.

It's getting overly complex to most and there are easier ways to solve it... simply adding enzymes and increasing nitrates should do the trick if it's not actually root rot.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Flora duo A & B 5ml/10ml plus 2.5 ml cal mag. That’s all. Well water is 30 ppm. I just want to b ready in case this is early warning sign
You will also benefit greatly from adding a buffer like potassium silicate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On the topic... often soil growers with organic amendments see this at first for 2 reasons... or after chronic over or underwatering.

Organics being broken down produce ammonia (part of the reason seedlings may burn at first) and there is no established nitro bacteria to convert the ammonia to nitrates for a few weeks but once established the process is almost immediate and will be for the rest of the grow unless you kill your bacteria.

The other reason is the lime takes time to become soluable and won't affect ph until it is.

Almost wonder if I should add this info to my PH thread?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ooooh I just found a good study on this topic when looking for some reference materials before someone asks about it or calls BS. I'm to lazy for the convo so this is a great read on it if you pay close attention to the points I made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom