Hey farmers!

• Thread starter USApotluvr1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USApotluvr1

Hey everybody, I heat stressed my auto Double Diesel that was in day 10 since I put her in the waterfarm. I noticed yesterday, so I moved my 150 watt HPS back up to 16". But when I was moving everything in my tent, I caused my fan to move so it was no longer blowing on my girl. I am a moron, sometimes!!

Here is my question: should I cull her and start from scratch with another DD seed, or just ride it out?
Here is the pic! Thanks for any and all help, farmers! potluvr

Hey farmers
U

USApotluvr1

Thanks Ripz!

I was leaning towards that, your help is highly appreciated!! puff, puff, pass to you!! potluvr

U

ukcheesehead

so your 150w hps is 16" about the top of the plant ? man u need to be closer . when i used to run a 250w hps i used to get 6" from my tops .and it was a steady 27c . keep a fan blowing on your hps .
you are wasteing your light .

U

USApotluvr1

Hey everybody!

I made some changes, I put the 2-150 watt HPS on a timer so they will only run during the cooler hrs of the day (8pm-12pm), which will help keep temps cool as summer gets hotter! I am running 4-cfls only when the 2-150 watters are off. When the plant has recovered, I will lower my 2 HPS to around 8". And I am adding another fan for better circulation. potluvr

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

The best way to see if its hot enough or not at the tops is, put your hand on the bottom edge of the hood for 30 secs, then put your hand underneath the light 6" away for 30 Seconds, see if it gets hot, if it does lower it untill you can stand the heat for more then 1 min, this should be the distance from the light to the top of your flower, adjust daily if need be.

S

stone69

Let it gro...let it gro...let it gro... (to the tune of "Let it snow")

U

USApotluvr1

Yeah, thats what I am gonna' do!

She is starting to look a little better already, I added a second fan for better circulation...so it should be cooler in there now! Thanks for your help, everyone!!! potluvr

S

still smokin

hey buddy did you smoke yourself into a coma... it looks like it will be just fine . lots of green on it yet. ive done way worse and they survived. i have 4 -hps 150 as you now. if i put mine 8 inches away even with a fan they would fry. 12 is as close to the plant as i can get . my leaves start to curl up if any closer. do you have the sun system hps 150 that is enclosed with the unit like mine or a different set up?

G

Gorrillagrower

Hey Potlovr...... Sorry to see you minor accident. There is plenty of green left on that baby and I think it should be fine. Ganja is a hearty fuckin plant and you can really masacre it and it will still show you love in the end. Sounds like you have fixed the problem so let it rip brother

U

USApotluvr1

Hey farmers!!

I am happy to report, my DD is recovering nicely, thanks to Ripz, Gg, rural and anyone else I forgot!

I addded the 2nd fan and turned the other up to high! So I will start to lower the HPS in a day or so. Also, I realize that with 2 ballasts running in the small tent, it is too much heat for them, so I am changing to just running the 1 HPS with CFLs for top lighting on my Smurberry, and when I harvest the DD, I will put the Smurfberry under the 150 watter.

On my next run, I am going to use the larger waterfarm only in the small tent, with 2 autos. Less heat and more space=happy plants!!!

pics-1st pic is a side shot of DD, 2nd is top shot of DD.
Thanks everybody!! potluvr

DSCF0068
DSCF0070
U

USApotluvr1

Thanks, Gg!

Thanks for your concern, and I am happy to say that the green has returned to my diesel's leaves, so it should be okay! Thanks millions for helpin' me, farmers!! potluvr

Top Bottom