Hey Hey Hey The Capn is new here

• Thread starter CapnKushCannabisFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CapnKushCannabisFarms

CapnKushCannabisFarms

Hey everybody. My Names Seth but most people just xall me Cap'n. I am 24 years old and am a decorated University Graduate (Class of 2020 Valedictorian) ( top 1% highest GPA among seniors)
I have 2 Masters Degrees ( Cannabis Horticulture and Cannabis Chemistry and Sciences and an Associates degrees in Cannabis production Management and Plant Biology and Physics.

School taught me everything by the book and how to do it perfect. Well sometimes i get bored of perfection all the time and i like to fuck around and experiment.
And theres time when ill take and experiment to far or not have a plan on place to fix my fuckery so when i ask questions. Its because im in dire straits and need a solution as of 2 days ago.
And if all my textbooks and stuff dont contain what i need then ill be asking for opinions on

the rrock

the rrock

have you ever grown pot, its great that your school taught you everything(what school). I left school in the middle of tenth grade and now retired(quite comfortably). Common sense vs. degrees>hmmmm

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Masters in cannabis? What school? How long does that take and are the credits transferable to become a PHd in cannabis?

And once one becomes a doctor of cannabis production is that better than “master grower”?

CapnKushCannabisFarms

CapnKushCannabisFarms

What school did you go to?
I got my Associates degreess online through GreenculturED and the went back to school the next semester ( last fall ) to get my Masters. Except i did on -campus studies for my masters

CapnKushCannabisFarms

CapnKushCannabisFarms

have you ever grown pot, its great that your school taught you everything(what school). I left school in the middle of tenth grade and now retired(quite comfortably). Common sense vs. degrees>hmmmm
Yeah i had grown pot before school but always as the second person never acctually ran my own grow until school.
( Masters are from Olds college)
And i also dident finish high school and that stopped me from getting jobs and shit. And i took other courses to only have resumes turned down.
So at first i figured ill get my degree in something i acctually love.
And that was my start point that hasent stopped in over 2 years.
And now im looking into trying to become a medical producer or recreational producer. And get one of those govt contracts to grow xxxx medical grade cannabis to the amount per year. Etc etc. Ive already got my personal production and Microcultivatiion licenses. With trademarked and registers bussiness name bn9#s trade marks copyrights all the good shit.
Its just hard finding experienced people to work under you that acctually know the project and acctually care aboutvdoing the little things right.
Plus finding and purchasing land to put such operations on is no easy feat.

CapnKushCannabisFarms

CapnKushCannabisFarms

Masters in cannabis? What school? How long does that take and are the credits transferable to become a PHd in cannabis?

And once one becomes a doctor of cannabis production is that better than “master grower”?
Yeah mang from Olds college and if you hammer away at it i did my Associates degree s in under 6 months and got both my masters in just under a year. And yes a PHD is always better than a masters.
But most people wont get rheir doctorate in cannabis because your already overqualified having one masters letttlone 2 + supplement degrees.
I used to get told that i didet have the experience to work in the cannabis industry. Nowvi get told that im way over experienced to work anywhere but my own company. Because none of the lps want to pay for 1 guy that knows his shit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah mang from Olds college and if you hammer away at it i did my Associates degree s in under 6 months and got both my masters in just under a year. And yes a PHD is always better than a masters.
But most people wont get rheir doctorate in cannabis because your already overqualified having one masters letttlone 2 + supplement degrees.
I used to get told that i didet have the experience to work in the cannabis industry. Nowvi get told that im way over experienced to work anywhere but my own company. Because none of the lps want to pay for 1 guy that knows his shit.

Lol. 1 year of college for what they call a masters degree.

Thats not enough time in school to get an associates degree for an assistant grammer school teacher job.

I checked the olds website. They dont list cannabis anything. Guess its new with the legal rec weed. Or they dont want to admit it is not an accredited field.

But so are brand new. A year in school will mean nothing to a professional cannabis cultivator. Maybe 10 years of actually selling large crops and offering an investor your connections would get you into the position you seek.

The awesome greedy legal weed business will maybe hire at minimum wage to work at a facility.

Personally im sticking to the “now dreaded” black market. You have to develop a customer base no matter how you break in to the market if you want to be in charge. Growing is hard but nothing compared to actually moving quantity in a flooded market consistantly.

Sorry. I was being a bit facetious in my first post.

Good luck.

CapnKushCannabisFarms

CapnKushCannabisFarms

Lol. 1 year of college for what they call a masters degree.

Thats not enough time in school to get an associates degree for an assistant grammer school teacher job.

I checked the olds website. They dont list cannabis anything. Guess its new with the legal rec weed. Or they dont want to admit it is not an accredited field.

But so are brand new. A year in school will mean nothing to a professional cannabis cultivator. Maybe 10 years of actually selling large crops and offering an investor your connections would get you into the position you seek.

The awesome greedy legal weed business will maybe hire at minimum wage to work at a facility.

Personally im sticking to the “now dreaded” black market. You have to develop a customer base no matter how you break in to the market if you want to be in charge. Growing is hard but nothing compared to actually moving quantity in a flooded market consistantly.

Sorry. I was being a bit facetious in my first post.

Good luck.
Well its obviously an accredited feild idk how you dident find it on olds webpage its litterally right there in the Praire hort section. Also Dalhousie and acc have released their course variants. And length of time shouldent matter. Because you trust doctors the only have to go to school minimum 4 years. And he gets to cut people open lol So 1 year to be a plant expert seems fitting to me

And Ive been slinging my kush on the black markeg since i was like 4 foot fuck all. But im wanting to break not into the selling abd distro. I wanna be an LP for the ACMPR paitents. Because they need someone to grow their 30% thc or better kush for making their RSOs and medicine. Or rhe high cbd stuff for controlling Epilepsy. Rec markets havent even came close to offering viable RSO quality bud yet. So wheres the real medicine coming from. Guys lkke me that have Microcultivatiion licenses and are Medicinal LPs

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Got to agree with mimed theres no way you can learn fuck all in a year of study not saying you dont know your shit but a masters? Theres literally no accredited degree you can get in a year

CapnKushCannabisFarms

CapnKushCannabisFarms

Got to agree with mimed theres no way you can learn fuck all in a year of study not saying you dont know your shit but a masters? Theres literally no accredited degree you can get in a year
Well i guess if you wannna be completely by the book then no its not " fully accredited in terms of equivalency to say a masters is Agriculture or Agronomy. ( which is what my sister has lol)
But its the general term for it that students use because every other branch of Agricultural Studies has masters degrees and PHDs.
Except for one Cannabis Horticulture its still considered just a specialty course.
When it should be recognized as one with the others.
Cause i dont need to know how to grow corn and reduce blight in tomatoes. Or stop pythijm from killing your potatoes.
None of that shit lol
My only crop is going to be Cannabis and my whole farm is strictly cannabis. Other than say a strawberry plant in a haging basket or Raspberrys surrounding the property. I want Greenhouse after greenhouse full of cannabis of all types for hundreds of medical patients

Moshmen

Moshmen

Imo opinion no education replaces experience. Start a grow diary ? Post up pics share your knowledge

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well i guess if you wannna be completely by the book then no its not " fully accredited in terms of equivalency to say a masters is Agriculture or Agronomy. ( which is what my sister has lol)
But its the general term for it that students use because every other branch of Agricultural Studies has masters degrees and PHDs.
Except for one Cannabis Horticulture its still considered just a specialty course.
Cause i dont need to know how to grow corn and reduce blight in tomatoes. Or stop pythijm from killing your potatoes.
None of that shit lol
My only crop is going to be Cannabis and my whole farm is strictly cannabis. Other than say a strawberry plant in a haging basket or Raspberrys surrounding the property. I want Greenhouse after greenhouse full of cannabis of all types for hundreds of medical patients

This just proves everyone’s suspicions, you must crawl before ya walk, and ya must be able to grow veggies before pot! Lmao
Seriously all plant horticulture knowledge is helpful ! I’d say you got a long way to go good luck

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also just to add where I'm from you have to study at least 7 years to become a doctor and then after that you're in a junior role

More like 8 years school and then 4 years in residency then entry level doctor job.

And that is just for general medicine. Still may want more school and more residency to specialize in something.

My brother and uncle are medical doctors.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

None of that shit lol

Same challanges and pitfalls of any crop. Cannabis needs no specialty education to start growing. An actual horticultural degree would be much much better than a weed growing specialty course.

You got money to invest in a huge farm like you dream of? Got 3 to 5 years to become profitable wih mo pay for yourself?

Maybe take a business course. Another 4 years of school needed.

Lots of stuff to do...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Same challanges and pitfalls of any crop. Cannabis needs no specialty education to start growing. An actual horticultural degree would be much much better than a weed growing specialty course.

You got money to invest in a huge farm like you dream of? Got 3 to 5 years to become profitable wih mo pay for yourself?

Maybe take a business course. Another 4 years of school needed.

Lots of stuff to do...

Agree on this one, the guys I know who made it rich in the LP world did so because first and foremost they were amazing natural businessmen, with the forethought to hire the best and most respected grower they knew In BC, rather than letting their egos get in the way and doing it themselves. They wanted to be successful at all costs.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can just call yourself Master Grower in Canada if you are the main grower of an LP. Doesnt have to even be a good LP, you could have a years worth of failed crops due to rookie mistakes and still be called a master grower.

To get a job as a master grower is something else though. Lp's will sometimes want you to have a degree, but most of the people I've seen get poached by the LPs dont have degrees. They have years/decades of experience succesfully operating warehouse grows with 100 lights or more.

Top Bottom