Hey people ,I’m finch 1st time grower,I’ve been hanging around in the shadows have sneak peeks here and there on here ,now I’ve my courage up

• Thread starter Finchyboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Lols,that’s 2of us that know nothing ,although I think your kidding me on 😂😂I’m gonna read through some of those threads ,that’s another thing I didn’t know,all these wee nuggets add up Nate ,aslong you listen and I listen to loads and if something makes sense it’s normally not far off the mark ,so thanks for that nugget ,I’m gonna start doing my lighting by square feet ,what’s the worst that can happen,it doesn’t work? Then I’ll just try something else,this is a great wee bit ,loads of info from people with all the same hobbies,some make an earned ,some don’t ..I need to kick this into touch for now ,thanks buddy and thanks everyone else ,finchyboy ova n out

Cypress66

Cypress66

many here can tell you what you need in lights, i can just help with telling you what i think they are.

i have read here in several threads that 30w per sqft for great LEDs and 40 or more for not so great ones. so between 120 to 160 watts - but i know nothing
I hope 30w per square foot is enough im using 240w in a 2x4ft so that works out at that i think? I’m sure I have seen aqua man say that it’s enough on one of the threads and if that’s right I would be trusting his advice

Moshmen

Moshmen

many here can tell you what you need in lights, i can just help with telling you what i think they are.

i have read here in several threads that 30w per sqft for great LEDs and 40 or more for not so great ones. so between 120 to 160 watts - but i know nothing
In a 2x2 that be good but if ya got a 2x4 tour gonna need at least 240

Moshmen

Moshmen

I hope 30w per square foot is enough im using 240w in a 2x4ft so that works out at that i think? I’m sure I have seen aqua man say that it’s enough on one of the threads and if that’s right I would be trusting his advice
I’ve have 240 in one tent and 480 in anther 2x4 dimmed to about 80%

Cypress66

Cypress66

I’ve have 240 in one tent and 480 in anther 2x4 dimmed to about 80%
Yeah I’m going to be putting my other 2x4 up soon that will have 2 mars hydro ts 600 in it see how they perform only used them for a couple of months late veg early flower they seemed to be doing a good job so will see what lights are you using moshmen?

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

In a 2x2 that be good but if ya got a 2x4 tour gonna need at least 240
Thank Moshmen,have 1000w coming today,2by4,doesn’t land till during the week,so was thinking maybe put this other light when it lands in the smaller tent ,even though the plants are doing ok,although I think they could be a touch bigger.Then when the bigger tent comes,I’ll finish this first grow and see what happens,do you think that’ll be a good move?I know I’m still experimenting,but I don’t want to mess up the ones in the photos by giving them too much light ?it’s all about the Mary-Jane..lols..happy growing mate..and thanks once again.,

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Thanks
Yeah I’m going to be putting my other 2x4 up soon that will have 2 mars hydro ts 600 in it see how they perform only used them for a couple of months late veg early flower they seemed to be doing a good job so will see what lights are you using moshmen?
ill be keeping an eye out on for your threads Cypress66,by the time my 2by4 gets here I’ll be a couple of weeks behind,I hope it all goes well buddy ,any info is better than no info..you have the best day too buddy ,by the amazing here ,getting all the info I need by the push of a button,we didn’t have this in the 90s..lols.,thanjs all and happy growing

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

I still want to add more another 120w 2 bar added to the 240w 4 bar don’t know if it’s being a bit over the top or not that would be 360w? I will have to have a chat with migro about it
Let me know how you get on with that please Chill66..from you and mothman is the 1st I’ve heard about per square feet ..this next tent I gave coming ,I think I’ve blundered OST a 2mby1.2mby4 m ..f me ,now I need somewhere to put it up ,any room at yours lols..coz I can’t imagine it fitting anywhere in mine,anyway was just reading reading through the thread..hey would you know if,we’ll I just bought a bug spray,I haven’t got any ,I don’t think ,but if I do ,will provantus bug fighter do ,or is that for your normal garden plant?

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Thank Moshmen,have 1000w coming today,2by4,doesn’t land till during the week,so was thinking maybe put this other light when it lands in the smaller tent ,even though the plants are doing ok,although I think they could be a touch bigger.Then when the bigger tent comes,I’ll finish this first grow and see what happens,do you think that’ll be a good move?I know I’m still experimenting,but I don’t want to mess up the ones in the photos by giving them too much light ?it’s all about the Mary-Jane..lols..happy growing mate..and thanks once again.,
Oops should say my 2by 4 is a 2by1.3by 4 metres..I didn’t notice the secs till I saw your link in ft .. lols..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how much light can be worked out with math (it is not an exacting science, but a great jumping off point).

square feet times 30 to 40 watts equals the amount of full spectrum LED actual wattage you need.

dont know which 1000w you are getting, but in general, LEDs that are listed 1000w are often 100w. your old light is likely 60w. together they are 160w.

if your tent is 2x2, that is 4 square feet, then 4x30 is 120, 4x40 is 160. (120 to 160 watts). if the tent is a 2x4 that is 8 square feet. 8x30 is 240, 8x40 is 320. (240 to 320 watts)

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
That light pulls about 100 w from the wall 65 for the leds and 35 for the fan. I'm not a light snob at all, I have basically an identical fixture with a diff brand name. Imo they're a big waste of time. I myself wouldnt buy another one

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

No it’s the 2by 2 well 1.2by2..so really I’m pulling out enough with both of them in the little tent and probs needing another 600w to make up the number ,maybe another 1000 and all three in it for the big tent ..I’ll get these biodiesel done first ,the 1000s due in the next hour and once I’ve got these biodiesel autos done ,I’ll get round setting up the 2by for ,thanks everyone,it’s good to know you’ve got someone to turn to ..all the best people ..will put some pics up through the week once the bios have had a few dats under both and then we’ll know..we’ll I will lols ..I imagine you’ve either got or almost got your own dialled in and thsnks again,because I knew nowt about the wattage to square feet from the socket ,I assumed the lights lols..cheers people

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have a Mars as well a sp-250 in veg tent and 2- kingbrites (240) in the other for flower

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

thanks Moshmen ,I’ll be taking note of that once this other tent comes ,will be starting with the AK47 autos,I have widow feminised there too ,are you able to grow both at the same time. I do know you can just about keep the feminised in veg for about aslong as you decide,I saw a bit about a lad growing both autos and feminised,I was thinking I’d be far enough down the line to do both together ,but that’s the new lighting landed (phizon1000 W) new 2020 with dimmer switch ..earlier I put them in with those 600 watt burple leds,ova not for tonight ,but to see what happens over the next few days ..itheyre during flower ,so should help ,fingers crossed,I was actually thinking that they were a bit small for being in flower,hopefully this is the fix..but for me to have 2tents running I imagine I’ll need at least 2 more of these phizon1000, ones,it did say they were good ones ,they’ve a dimmer switch,although I wouldn’t know what that was for cause right now I have my lights off from 7 till 7,complete darkness for flower,but have my fan still on ..if I’m wrong here,please correct me? Cheers for keeping in touch mate ,it’s good to know I have someone to turn to if I get myself in a pickle,gave the best night buddy ,over n out

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

thanks Moshmen ,I’ll be taking note of that once this other tent comes ,will be starting with the AK47 autos,I have widow feminised there too ,are you able to grow both at the same time. I do know you can just about keep the feminised in veg for about aslong as you decide,I saw a bit about a lad growing both autos and feminised,I was thinking I’d be far enough down the line to do both together ,but that’s the new lighting landed (phizon1000 W) new 2020 with dimmer switch ..earlier I put them in with those 600 watt burple leds,ova not for tonight ,but to see what happens over the next few days ..itheyre during flower ,so should help ,fingers crossed,I was actually thinking that they were a bit small for being in flower,hopefully this is the fix..but for me to have 2tents running I imagine I’ll need at least 2 more of these phizon1000, ones,it did say they were good ones ,they’ve a dimmer switch,although I wouldn’t know what that was for cause right now I have my lights off from 7 till 7,complete darkness for flower,but have my fan still on ..if I’m wrong here,please correct me? Cheers for keeping in touch mate ,it’s good to know I have someone to turn to if I get myself in a pickle,gave the best night buddy ,over n out
Oops white widow feminised,not widiw

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

That light pulls about 100 w from the wall 65 for the leds and 35 for the fan. I'm not a light snob at all, I have basically an identical fixture with a diff brand name. Imo they're a big waste of time. I myself wouldnt buy another one
[/QUOTEis that the phizon 1000 watt ones you’re talking about or those burble ones in the photos...please get bck to me Grown since95,if you could,I could quite easily send the phizon ones bck as they’ve only just landed this morning and if you could give me a heads up in anything ,not too expensive,but anything better,thanks mate

Cypress66

Cypress66

Let me know how you get on with that please Chill66..from you and mothman is the 1st I’ve heard about per square feet ..this next tent I gave coming ,I think I’ve blundered OST a 2mby1.2mby4 m ..f me ,now I need somewhere to put it up ,any room at yours lols..coz I can’t imagine it fitting anywhere in mine,anyway was just reading reading through the thread..hey would you know if,we’ll I just bought a bug spray,I haven’t got any ,I don’t think ,but if I do ,will provantus bug fighter do ,or is that for your normal garden plant?
Yeah bro I will let you know how I get on no worries afraid no room for the tent ⛺ here lol as for the bug spray never had to use one luckily don’t know if that’s a good one or not so check it out are you having problems with bugs then?

Cypress66

Cypress66

Thanks

ill be keeping an eye out on for your threads Cypress66,by the time my 2by4 gets here I’ll be a couple of weeks behind,I hope it all goes well buddy ,any info is better than no info..you have the best day too buddy ,by the amazing here ,getting all the info I need by the push of a button,we didn’t have this in the 90s..lols.,thanjs all and happy growing
No nothing like what you have here in the 90s ain’t it great no one knows everything bro but I’m sure you will have someone on here to be of help with any problem you might be having lots of knowledge on here for sure peace ✌️

Latest posts

Top Bottom