Hey people ,I’m finch 1st time grower,I’ve been hanging around in the shadows have sneak peeks here and there on here ,now I’ve my courage up

• Thread starter Finchyboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you have the lights at 12/12? dont you have an auto? you might want to adjust that up to 18/6

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Ok so you want 35watts of actual power draw from the wall per square feet using leds. Those 1000 watt leds likely only get 100-150 watts from the wall. Go get a watt meter wall plug from Amazon you’ll see. Your gonna have a hell of a time getting dense buds with a light that weak no offense buddy. That black light that you have right now will only be able to sustain flowering maybe only two of those plants in that tent. The rest are gonna have a hard time.

ED81F25A 8C91 4C44 8698 57F59A891B72
Cypress66

Cypress66

you have the lights at 12/12? dont you have an auto? you might want to adjust that up to 18/6
100% if you are doing auto and photo together then you will have to take the photo out after the 12 hours and you will be bound to forget at some point so you really need that other tent a bit sharpish

Cypress66

Cypress66

I have a Mars as well a sp-250 in veg tent and 2- kingbrites (240) in the other for flower
I never knew that spyder has a 600 light like the sp design long and narrow I think it was only about £70 never seen it before and i can’t remember where i saw it might be a good supplemental light maybe i bought one of the philizon Cree cob in auction only the 500 model one cob in the middle haven’t used it much but i had it over my seedlings for a couple of hours and it was about 6 inches away just the cree cob was on not long i know but i was expecting some reaction from the plants not a slight turn towards the light nothing which i was a bit surprised by even my t5 makes the plant react in that time i would expect a genuine 50w Cree chip to have caused them to react very quickly the recommended height for the light is 18 and i had it at 6 don’t know about that light don’t know if anyone has used them or not they are claiming it’s the same as 300w mh or hps it’s meant to draw 100w from the wall i paid £35 in auction but it is normally about £70 so it’s not bargain price really you could get a mars hydro ts 600 maybe a 1000 if you are lucky in auction don’t know philizon is an old company can’t think what i remember their name from but they have been about a while but don’t believe the 300w from a 100w light unless someone knows different like i say that was the only time that i have used it maybe im expecting to much but i always thought Cree were very powerful and had to be a good distance from the plant

Cypress66

Cypress66

Ok so you want 35watts of actual power draw from the wall per square feet using leds. Those 1000 watt leds likely only get 100-150 watts from the wall. Go get a watt meter wall plug from Amazon you’ll see. Your gonna have a hell of a time getting dense buds with a light that weak no offense buddy. That black light that you have right now will only be able to sustain flowering maybe only two of those plants in that tent. The rest are gonna have a hard time.
Yeah must get one about a £10 on eBay good to see what everything is using so you are saying in a 2x4ft i need 280w I’m running a 240w 4 bar light 30w square foot and it is giving great results but im wondering if I up the lighting will i get the difference in the end i was using one of the mars hydro lights in there for the last four weeks and i didn’t seem to get much difference but it was above the other light height was about right but the bars on the other light were shielding it a little i would be okay to add more light if it is really going to improve the garden but like you and everyone else try to get the cost down it all adds up and quite quickly but another 100/200w i could manage this one i just finished two plants filled the tent there is a third one in there but it is only tiny bit of a experiment one before i had four in there too many took one of them out about end of week 5/6 as it just was not growing anymore probably because of the room but it stopped the other three were okay but two plants at two ft wide and two ft are a reasonable size plant that was the experiment i was seeing if it was worth trying the sog method with more small plants definitely not with that strain i won’t be but in fairness it never really got a look 👀 in peace ✌️

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Yeah bro I will let you know how I get on no worries afraid no room for the tent ⛺ here lol as for the bug spray never had to use one luckily don’t know if that’s a good one or not so check it out are you having problems with bugs then?
No mate,had just read up on something,then seen something about mites ,so went a bit daft on Amazon,hence the bigger tent and a couple of thing s I can’t even remember ordering..lols..should stay away from Amazon on a Friday night ..enjoy your day mate ,will be following you to see how you get on ..over m out Cypress

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

100% if you are doing auto and photo together then you will have to take the photo out after the 12 hours and you will be bound to forget at some point so you really need that other tent a bit sharpish
Cypress66 ,just gonna stick to the autos,it was just a thought buddy

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Cypress66 ,just gonna stick to the autos,it was just a thought buddy
I’m think I’m trying before I can walk. Just gonna stay on the safe until I get the hang of this , I was wondering though ,I’m gonna post a couple of photos,do you think you could have a glance ,1 of these plants have got a bit of a root problem,I think,same plant had a little bit of a bud on it but the buds looking burnt too ..is there problem? It’s probs a silly question ..anyway if there is ,any ideas how to fix it ..sorry for being a pest mate ..I noticed it yesterday and I thought some trees are like that in the ,but these won’t trees ...I’m not sure what to do..as always any pointers will do ..I’ll put a pic of all 4 on , plus the 2pics of the piano I’m talking about ..pans should say , Overdrive for the buds landed this morning..so I think I have everything I need to fix whatever’s wrong, unless it can’t be saved ..thanks again Nate ..ps was reading your post ,I never realised there was so much too it ..I thought a tent a light ,a few seeds and Bobs your Unvke ,but I am listening and taking it all in .thanks once again ,over n out

5AB540EC 1473 47A7 86FE 326689288694
545F4DE0 23EF 4FD5 8BCD 7327B3B9C2EF
63ACE01F 2549 4748 B9A3 F2731AE3EAE0
Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Thanks realised ,was thinking that myself,not so much the density of tge buds,although that’s the way I should be thinking,I was more thinking the size of the plants,I am a big of an old newbie lols..but was thinking that they were a bit small ,I just sunk money into a phizon1000w new 2020 with dimmer control,I ain’t got a clue about the dinner so have it on full along with the little black one ..I’m hoping as there’s only four plants there that that maybe enough although I’m scared that I’m doing tge wrong thing by adding a full spectrum to the tent with that black burple..any help or headsail would be greatly appreciated..have a couple of photos here ,2of one of the plant,a rotten bud and by the looks of it dodgy roots..I’m big too sure what to do ..was hoping it could be saved,although to be honest I’m not too optimistic about it..have put another pic in if all 4 together ,the dodgy ones the bigger one ,maybe all 4,lols..I’ll get the hang of it ..just didn’t realise how expensive it can get at the start ..I knew it would have cost some ,but it’s all starting to add up now,any ideas buddy would be gratefully appreciated,thanks

111EEB5D 4B54 420A 8A3E CB9FA17CFA6E
FADE342A 3FDE 42F8 BD70 E33A7FF2B326
BD2842EB DE53 4FBB 8B29 2AC093A60FFD
Spike8910

Spike8910

The roots look fine to me they've just hardened because there not covered up they could of done with some more media but I'm only on my second grow so no expert lol

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

I just finished my first grow it was 2 feminised now just started my second grow with two autos with the autos I'm gonna plant 2 every 30 days so I'm harvesting once a month if that makes sense and if you don't mind me asking we're did ya get your seeds from
Sorry it took a while to get bck to you spike ,I never thought of that ,it makes a whole lot of sense,2every 30 DST’s igg TV is,it’s for
The roots look fine to me they've just hardened because there not covered up they could of done with some more media but I'm only on my second grow so no expert lol
cheers for that spike,been worried sick about it since I noticed them a few days ago oh and sorry it took a while to get bck to you after your last post buddy..like what you said about 2 every 30 days ,it just makes sense and in my book , if it makes sense it’s normally correct,so thanks again mate ..have a great day and happy happy growing mate ..ps took a big weight off off my shoulders there ,I’ve put my last couple of months into these without realising there’s a whole lot more to it ..cheers again , over n out

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

S
I’ve have 240 in one tent and 480 in anther 2x4 dimmed to about 80%
That light pulls about 100 w from the wall 65 for the leds and 35 for the fan. I'm not a light snob at all, I have basically an identical fixture with a diff brand name. Imo they're a big waste of time. I myself wouldnt buy another one
thanks Grownsince95,I wish I’d known that a few days bck,I hope that diednt sound cheeky,it does in my head,not ment that way ..anyway is there any that you would recommend,those phizons are already here,I do listen ,so I won’t buy anything else until I hear bck ..I think I’ve been reading so much into it ,without actually speaking to anyone,until I found herel, that I’m maybe getting too much knowledge,or not enough,I should say if you know what I mean..I’ll keep myself on the back burner until i hear something bck..any help would be appreciated,I know everyone has their own way,but if I stick to yourself and a handful of others ,I reckon I’ll be able to make this a full time hobby that I enjoy ,probs just need to see that 1st grow at the end of the harvest and then I’ll be able to check myself on this and that..hopefully hear bck from you..over n out

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the light you bought does not have the fan, right? it is not that light. the one you got has the samsung diodes and a decent driver, but not the meanwell one. no uv or ir, but the rest looks good. for the money it is not bad.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

S

thanks Grownsince95,I wish I’d known that a few days bck,I hope that diednt sound cheeky,it does in my head,not ment that way ..anyway is there any that you would recommend,those phizons are already here,I do listen ,so I won’t buy anything else until I hear bck ..I think I’ve been reading so much into it ,without actually speaking to anyone,until I found herel, that I’m maybe getting too much knowledge,or not enough,I should say if you know what I mean..I’ll keep myself on the back burner until i hear something bck..any help would be appreciated,I know everyone has their own way,but if I stick to yourself and a handful of others ,I reckon I’ll be able to make this a full time hobby that I enjoy ,probs just need to see that 1st grow at the end of the harvest and then I’ll be able to check myself on this and that..hopefully hear bck from you..over n out
You can try a spider farmer light. Those work pretty well IMO. But the real beasts of a light is hlg or electric sky. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. Same goes for the cheaper lights.

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

the light you bought does not have the fan, right? it is not that light. the one you got has the samsung diodes and a decent driver, but not the meanwell one. no uv or ir, but the rest looks good. for the money it is not bad.
Ivestealth,no you’re correct, they don’t have fan those black one in the photos I posted with the lights in it are part of a full grow tent system,everything came together..that’s the one with the blue and red spectrum 300w,I understand about the wattage being about maybe 30 to 40 watts put out.,these other ones ,I’ve not posted a photo yet,only put them up last night,hoping that they would help these little babies grow,obviously I know I’ll have to wait a bit to see any results,but are some sort of full Spectrum lights,(phizon1000w)to tell you the truth ,I still have to do some more homework on them ,I did not know that they came with a dimmer switch,well it did say on the page ,I was just thinking lights ,lights,lights at not too expensive a price,I knew I was going to have to spend some at the start,so tried to keep the costs and the as low as,but obviously like you’ve said you get what you pay for..I’m still going to stick in ..if I do go out and maybe buy one of those spyders or IMO’s ,I know it will help ,but how much would help these ones ,I didn’t even start a diary and having taking notes here and there and feel like they’ve been growing for months without much change,this is the 2nd week I’ve had them on 12/12,they’re probs 2&1/2 into bloom just now,and I can see the results are not great..anyway for the rest of this grow ,I do know they’ll help ,but how much can they help these little fellas? Or should I finish this one off with what I have ,learn by my mistakes and start my next grow after harvest(depending if there is one lols)..I actually feel like saying bye bye to this one just now,get a decent set like you mentioned and starting germination all over again ..I won’t ,but that’s how I feel ..thanks for getting bck to me ..over now out buddy

Finchyboy

Finchyboy

Ivestealth,no you’re correct, they don’t have fan those black one in the photos I posted with the lights in it are part of a full grow tent system,everything came together..that’s the one with the blue and red spectrum 300w,I understand about the wattage being about maybe 30 to 40 watts put out.,these other ones ,I’ve not posted a photo yet,only put them up last night,hoping that they would help these little babies grow,obviously I know I’ll have to wait a bit to see any results,but are some sort of full Spectrum lights,(phizon1000w)to tell you the truth ,I still have to do some more homework on them ,I did not know that they came with a dimmer switch,well it did say on the page ,I was just thinking lights ,lights,lights at not too expensive a price,I knew I was going to have to spend some at the start,so tried to keep the costs and the as low as,but obviously like you’ve said you get what you pay for..I’m still going to stick in ..if I do go out and maybe buy one of those spyders or IMO’s ,I know it will help ,but how much would help these ones ,I didn’t even start a diary and having taking notes here and there and feel like they’ve been growing for months without much change,this is the 2nd week I’ve had them on 12/12,they’re probs 2&1/2 into bloom just now,and I can see the results are not great..anyway for the rest of this grow ,I do know they’ll help ,but how much can they help these little fellas? Or should I finish this one off with what I have ,learn by my mistakes and start my next grow after harvest(depending if there is one lols)..I actually feel like saying bye bye to this one just now,get a decent set like you mentioned and starting germination all over again ..I won’t ,but that’s how I feel ..thanks for getting bck to me ..over now out buddy
This is my light set up now ,I don’t even know if it’s correct,I’m just trying and listening,I wish I’d managed to find thcfarmer well before this ast couple of weeks,it is what it is though ,I’ll learn

A485D900 5AC3 4056 8965 8CC8B181088B
Top Bottom