Hey peoples 🤗 gimme your time and speak your mind 👍

• Thread starter CaliforniaHydroIndo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah it works but I would just grow the plant you have. Looks like she will be large. If you tried to graft it would take at least a month to take and begin to grow again. That area will all fill in there with branches by then. When are you flowering?
I like the star by the way.

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

Yeah it works but I would just grow the plant you have. Looks like she will be large. If you tried to graft it would take at least a month to take and begin to grow again. That area will all fill in there with branches by then. When are you flowering?
I like the star by the way.
It just switched yesterday to flower! Do you think the top plant will grow roots into the other plant and bust it open or help and expand ???

Homesteader

Homesteader

It wont grow roots but it will grow into the plant and use the roots that are established. This is done with fruit trees to control the size.
A standard apple rootstock will grow 40 feet+
A dwarf rootstock will only grow 15 feet.
Same variety grafted to the top but it is controlled by the roots.

If you did want to do this, I would suggest lower on the plant (away from light) but you would also want to do this during veg. It may still work though but I wouldn't get your hopes up for this go around.

CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

Ok thank you !! I will try it tonight, if I use a different strain, would the top half be a hybrid of the two????

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would also remove the insulation from over the hydroton... will help disperse the humidity coming out of there a little better lower chances of infection at the base of the stem.

Mypowerofwill

Mypowerofwill

Hey all. First post. I've been bored during flu....so I'm on my 3rd grow. I have a background in biology so it probably help a bit and I've been reading on grows my whole life ya know. I was hoping for feedback 🙂 on my 2 experimemts. Sry my phone's auto txt sucks. I have 4 seeds from a top shelf dispensary in colorado. The bud itself was runtz x grease monkey. One little bud had 4 seeds the rest of it was dankington.

Anyway, I germed them and have 4 plants that are 5 weeks old.

For the first experiment I am going to essently harvest all of the leaves from one plant, and graft onto the other plant. Not buds. The actual leaves.

For the 2nd experiment, I am going to take the other two plant and literally give each plant 2 different light cycles.
First one will get 12/12 light on top and 20/4 light on bottom with a diver.

Second plant will be the same just backwards.

Any thoughts on my experiments. I can't find replicas of them online for some reason

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

You know about plant stuff so I’ve heard from here. Would this work? @Moe.Red
Cause I have no idea if this would work but it sounds to good to be true.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey all. First post. I've been bored during flu....so I'm on my 3rd grow. I have a background in biology so it probably help a bit and I've been reading on grows my whole life ya know. I was hoping for feedback 🙂 on my 2 experimemts. Sry my phone's auto txt sucks. I have 4 seeds from a top shelf dispensary in colorado. The bud itself was runtz x grease monkey. One little bud had 4 seeds the rest of it was dankington.

Anyway, I germed them and have 4 plants that are 5 weeks old.

For the first experiment I am going to essently harvest all of the leaves from one plant, and graft onto the other plant. Not buds. The actual leaves.

For the 2nd experiment, I am going to take the other two plant and literally give each plant 2 different light cycles.
First one will get 12/12 light on top and 20/4 light on bottom with a diver.

Second plant will be the same just backwards.

Any thoughts on my experiments. I can't find replicas of them online for some reason

have fun with experiment 1. I’ll be interested in the results.

experiment 2. Will really fuck with the plants Provided they are photoperiod flowering. You may have just vegging. The top will want to flower, and the bottom will veg, and the plant will not give you great bud.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Interesting thoughts @Mypowerofwill
I can tell you that you will need a growing apex to graft which is the same with trees. you need the bud or apex grafted so it can grow. A single leaf will graft but not do anything.

#2 Not exactly sure on how you are planning this but it may be more fun to see one plant divided into two light cycles to see. I have a feeling that the way you are going to do it will result in just a vegged plant though. I am still interested in seeing it though.

IMO grafting is an underused technique in the cannabis field but I'm not sure the world is ready for it yet.

Not cannabis but last year I was able to graft two separate species together. A grafted Shipova fruit with a OH-F97 pear rootstock (Old Home x Farmingdale 97). This graft took almost a year to take though. I think 14 months to be exact.
EdaZqd3XsAAzojY

Last edited:
CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

That looks amazing !! On another note,
Glad to see other people potentially being inspired and testing new things 🤭 and also !!
Can someone confirm this is not normal ??

20210226 234013
CaliforniaHydroIndo

CaliforniaHydroIndo

So does that mean the entire plant is herm or that branch?? Will those pop and spray pollen or make seed ??

Also, here is an update of the star plant, the clone made bud like overnight ! 🤯

Hahaha.. kidding.. I figured since the main plant started flower, I should use a clone in flower.. 🤔🤷‍♂️

What's the general consensus?? 😁

20210226 235728
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Throw it and get it away from the girls cause those are pollen sacs!! If you keep it you can toss sensimilla out the window. Lol

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

So does that mean the entire plant is herm or that branch?? Will those pop and spray pollen or make seed ??

Also, here is an update of the star plant, the clone made bud like overnight ! 🤯

Hahaha.. kidding.. I figured since the main plant started flower, I should use a clone in flower.. 🤔🤷‍♂️

What's the general consensus?? 😁
And you may already have nanners cause those pistil hairs are already orange.

Top Bottom