Heywood's Frosted Altoids organic indoor soil grow

• Thread starter Heywood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
😘

And YES... I will force them to fit in my space.
I think I may have to trellis these once they grow up and get settled in.
L O L! You’re looking good neighbor! Keep our fingers crossed for some girls as usual. And no doubt you will make them work!

Heywood

Heywood

They will for sure be going into their 5 gal pots this weekend.

Fa 0907

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

What's your PPFD at Mr. Bezos? Crack that whip get these ladies movin' :)

Heywood

Heywood

So I listened to your suggestion and this is what happens when I turn the power up past 25% with the lights hanging at 3 feet.
Temps at 74 and rh at 55%

Same things happens If I turn the temps up to like 77 and the rh to 60%... same thing.
So yanno... I just do my own thing and baby them along until they flip and can take the LED's at 75%

Fa curl
Fa curl2

R

ritoMox

So I listened to your suggestion and this is what happens when I turn the power up past 25% with the lights hanging at 3 feet.
Temps at 74 and rh at 55%

Same things happens If I turn the temps up to like 77 and the rh to 60%... same thing.
So yanno... I just do my own thing and baby them along until they flip and can take the LED's at 75%

View attachment 1281618View attachment 1281619
I see that they recovered just fine from that mushroom soil👍

Heywood

Heywood

You guys are missing the details of those last pics.
I am pointing out that when I increase the power of the LED from 20% to .. anything higher... the leaf edges curl. One of the leaves in those pics is on it's way to full taco.

This happened on my previous grow with the Blueberry Muffins as well.
They just seem to hate this LED light until they flip to flower... even though I think I have my rh and temps are fairly close to what they should be for proper VPD.

I did try higher temps (77+) with rh at 55% and that was leaf curl also.
I don't know what else to do for these except keep them under the fluorescent grow light + 20% power LED

@MIGrampaUSA - Maybe you have a suggestion?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

You guys are missing the details of those last pics.
I am pointing out that when I increase the power of the LED from 20% to .. anything higher... the leaf edges curl. One of the leaves in those pics is on it's way to full taco.

This happened on my previous grow with the Blueberry Muffins as well.
They just seem to hate this LED light until they flip to flower... even though I think I have my rh and temps are fairly close to what they should be for proper VPD.

I did try higher temps (77+) with rh at 55% and that was leaf curl also.
I don't know what else to do for these except keep them under the fluorescent grow light + 20% power LED

@MIGrampaUSA - Maybe you have a suggestion?

It's early and I'm just going to pretend like I didn't see the metric/imperial joke. I did see the taco Mr. Bezos...that is rather concerning. Your temps are really low for LED's though and that in my opinion might be causing it. IME you should be quite comfortable between 28-32c with these Spider Farmer lights during day time temps. 74f with lights on is just too damn cold! Those should be your night time temps. Try your best to get your temps up to 84/86f with lights on and I think your plants won't be so finnicky.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It's early and I'm just going to pretend like I didn't see the metric/imperial joke. I did see the taco Mr. Bezos...that is rather concerning. Your temps are really low for LED's though and that in my opinion might be causing it. IME you should be quite comfortable between 28-32c with these Spider Farmer lights during day time temps. 74f with lights on is just too damn cold! Those should be your night time temps. Try your best to get your temps up to 84/86f with lights on and I think your plants won't be so finnicky.
That’s exactly where my temps are with 55%RH at lights on and 65% lights out I know my temps will drop as winter comes especially since I heat with a wood stove in the winter, my furnace barely turns on so we’ll see how it goes. No leaf curl, last grow I was too hot at this point and it caused leaf curl but got better as I learned to control the VPD and checked DLI/PPFD

Heywood

Heywood

I'm pretty sure that if I get the temps up to 84, the plants are going to wilt. But I will give it a go.

Heywood

Heywood

get your temps up to 84/86f with lights on and I think your plants won't be so finnicky.

Ok.. they made it through the day at 82F and 58% rh and lights at 60% power without wilting or committing suicide.
Maybe you do know what you're talking aboot. I'll keep it there and see how it goes.

Thanks for "making" me do it, bud. 🤓

Latest posts

Top Bottom