Heyyy.......Helppp?

• Thread starter ContraMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ContraMan

ContraMan

So i have a sick baby here. 2 weeks into veg. The dark leaves at the top of the canopy, the yellowing at the bottom, and drooping all point towards nitrogen issues. I added 1.5 tbsp to 1gal of water but no sign of improvement after 72hrs.
-I tested the PH of the soil and it's at 6.5
-I added bone & blood meal to the soil but it seems to be worsening

Where am i going wrong?
View attachment 1123915

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So i have a sick baby here. 2 weeks into veg. The dark leaves at the top of the canopy, the yellowing at the bottom, and drooping all point towards nitrogen issues. I added 1.5 tbsp to 1gal of water but no sign of improvement after 72hrs.
-I tested the PH of the soil and it's at 6.5
-I added bone & blood meal to the soil but it seems to be worsening

Where am i going wrong?
View attachment 1123915
probably overwatering by the sounds of it,
need to post pictures as mentioned

ContraMan

ContraMan

probably overwatering by the sounds of it,
need to post pictures as mentioned
Sorry it didn't come over in the original post
303C9683 142E 4C41 9E3E 644A1DCC471E

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok either over or under watered., the leaf stems are they flimsy and weak or stiff ish?

ContraMan

ContraMan

Stems are on the stiffer side. It was transplanted because I noticed the yellowing but the previous pot had no holes for drainage

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Stems are on the stiffer side. It was transplanted because I noticed the yellowing but the previous pot had no holes for drainage
yep stiff stems means sheā€™s full of water, let it dry right out.. so over the next few days as it dries she should look better,
get used to picking up the pot for feeling the weight as to know when to water or use a scale.. the pot your using and plant size when dry will feel like a piece of styrofoam, seriously..
that water meter is no good i wouldnā€™t trust it..
also what was she in before that pot?
was it root bound? did you break off roots?

ContraMan

ContraMan

I call myself adopting 5 plants from my brother since he's out of the country now. It was in a 6inch plastic pot. While transplanting i discovered it had a peat starter pot inside. It was pretty much calling apart and that definitely broke roots but it looked pretty happy 48 hrs after transplant. Leaves were still kind of dark but fully stretched

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok just be patient with her, everything has slowed while she recovers so just ease up on everything if not already, only water when dry!, easy with the lights and fans..
and hope you didnā€™t stunt her by mistake.. it happens iā€™m growing one now.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok just be patient with her, everything has slowed while she recovers so just ease up on everything if not already, only water when dry!, easy with the lights and fans..
and hope you didnā€™t stunt her by mistake.. it happens iā€™m growing one now.
i see no air holes in that pot?
iā€™d take a drill 3/8 1/2 drill bit and drill a few in the buttom and lower sides.. that you should do soon, obviously try to not be rough and be carefull with the drill bit, better to be quick with determination than trying to be careful and the drill bit getting caught and well you know..

ContraMan

ContraMan

i see no air holes in that pot?
iā€™d take a drill 3/8 1/2 drill bit and drill a few in the buttom and lower sides.. that you should do soon, obviously try to not be rough and be carefull with the drill bit, better to be quick with determination than trying to be careful and the drill bit getting caught and well you know..
That was the old pot. The new black pot Is like this

65C070A5 C206 4550 8EB3 CF91A52635A4
Madbud

Madbud

Then underwatered, i use a similar probe and after watering the needle pegs at 10. Yours may be different but mine only registers when its in the soil. As Nick says they are not real accurate (10 what?), but useful as a gauge.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Also looking at the leaf to much N in the mix by the way it's looking all puffed up and rigid to the leaf margins . Regards od

ContraMan

ContraMan

Soooo update... I tested the PH meter on other plants and realized the reading didn't change at all in any of my pots or outside. So i grabbed another one and it's reading 7.6šŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜© added mulch and some acidifier...now I wait

DBCFEF57 97E0 4086 AE69 3AC1C7677BF8
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
To bring pH down you need Iron to raise use lime I would remove the mulch you will Nitrogen draw down the bark will take it while composting on top . Regards OD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom