Hgl 600 rspec, is it working

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Cool thanks so 10'000 l ux = 230mmol
20'000 = exactly double at 460 with daylight
So they are exactly proportional... so what makes people say lux isn't as good, if you have a lux meter and the convertion number as long as the spectrum stays the same why would lux be not as good? I just hear a lot of people say that and it doen't seem to make sense if you double one the other doubles, if you divide by 10 the other divides by 10 lux = miles and par = kilometeres(as long as the same spectrum and if your using the same light everyday why would it change?)

Thanks for the calc man because now I can get an idea of mmol with my hps, for me a lot of videos post their par level or whatever fgor LED's now i can get an equivalent of what their saying.👍

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

The spectrum of light is the reason lux isn't a good measurement for LED lighting.

An HPS light will put off a much different spectrum than a LED, and without the proper tool, your not measuring accurately.

The plant "see's" a much different spectrum of light.....spectrums your HPS doesn't emit, therefore you need a different tool to measure with.

Sure you CAN convert the numbers, but that isn't really telling you what you need to know IMHO.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Good info, functionally for this post if OP measured 30k lux on a lux meter but if he had a proper meter to measure ALL and after that converted back to lux it might be higher than 30k lux? I guess is what your saying, cool, wonder if that adds to the chance of this being a too much light issue?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cool thanks so 10'000 l ux = 230mmol
20'000 = exactly double at 460 with daylight
So they are exactly proportional... so what makes people say lux isn't as good, if you have a lux meter and the convertion number as long as the spectrum stays the same why would lux be not as good? I just hear a lot of people say that and it doen't seem to make sense if you double one the other doubles, if you divide by 10 the other divides by 10 lux = miles and par = kilometeres(as long as the same spectrum and if your using the same light everyday why would it change?)

Thanks for the calc man because now I can get an idea of mmol with my hps, for me a lot of videos post their par level or whatever fgor LED's now i can get an equivalent of what their saying.👍
There is nothing wrong with using lux. Especially if you are using it yourself. There is lots of info on conversion out there like the calculator I linked for those that like to split hairs. I honestly do not know anyone who uses a par, lux, quantum meter and goes by a ridged value... the calculators are useful if someone is using a blurple or HPS etc.

Generally the full spectrum leds are mostly using the same dam diodes and cri... the difference is not going to make or break your plants and lux, par, ppfd should all be used as a rough guideline not a rigid number scale.

Homesteader

Homesteader

It fit pretty much perfect. 😁
I think you have plenty of light just going off of appearance. Some lights people have look like they cast shade but yours look fairly bright. I think you are around 800umol and probably at about peak without co2. Good luck with your grow

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

There is nothing wrong with using lux. Especially if you are using it yourself. There is lots of info on conversion out there like the calculator I linked for those that like to split hairs. I honestly do not know anyone who uses a par, lux, quantum meter and goes by a ridged value... the calculators are useful if someone is using a blurple or HPS etc.

Generally the full spectrum leds are mostly using the same dam diodes and cri... the difference is not going to make or break your plants and lux, par, ppfd should all be used as a rough guideline not a rigid number scale.
Thanks for your insight, that makes a lot of sense.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Thanks for all the help everyone. I am dimming it down to 30k on my meter, mostly to keep my heat down. I have a grow journal started but haven't added alot to it yet. I was going to update it more frequently when i flip it to flower.

Top Bottom