Hi, 1st time I've used a forum but still call myself a novice grower after 2 years.

• Thread starter Ryenalie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryenalie

Ryenalie

Hi all and thank you for having me^^
I'm a longtime stalker of this forum but I have been growing for nearly 2 years now without much help, and just educating myself using the many threads and a lot of trial and error along the way.

Unfortunately I've seen more girls die then blossom over my time and it's kind of pushing me towards packing it in... To date I've probably had 10-15 plants and only 3 maybe 4 that have actually made it to harvest, due to Spider Mites who can't give me a break T.T

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramble and I hope I didn't break any introduction rules.

Lie~

euphoria526

euphoria526

Through your trials and tribulations, have you noticed that you could do anything different or better to make it worthwhile to continue?
wereyou Growing outdoor? Indoor? Soil? Hydro? One of the biggest nuggets of info I’ve taken for growing in its ENTIRETY, is
“ you can make growing cannabis as easy or as difficult as you want it to be”
But I haven’t been doing this for years, and I’m taking my first harvest to fruition within the next month

Anthem

Anthem

Hi all and thank you for having me^^
I'm a longtime stalker of this forum but I have been growing for nearly 2 years now without much help, and just educating myself using the many threads and a lot of trial and error along the way.

Unfortunately I've seen more girls die then blossom over my time and it's kind of pushing me towards packing it in... To date I've probably had 10-15 plants and only 3 maybe 4 that have actually made it to harvest, due to Spider Mites who can't give me a break T.T

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramble and I hope I didn't break any introduction rules.

Lie~
You might want to try this approach as those little bastards are resilent as hell. If you have a current infestation with webbing just take it down and kill the plants. Go ahead and bomb/spray with what ever you are using but realize these guys build up resistance to products that kill them. So use something strong since you do not have plants in the grow. After you have killed them off set up the grow room with idle conditions for they to hatch, look up their life cycle online and once you are a couple days away form them dropping eggs again nuke the grow room again.
I know these things can be nearly impossible to completely kill off. I know a guy that will not listen and he is in a house which in SoCal they typically install the drywall about 1/2" off the ground so if the house floods while being built the drywall does not get damaged. The problem this guy has is that the mite crawl up into the walls and just hang out in there until the environment in the grow room is ready for them to invade it again. They will live and lay eggs in the smallest of places.

Ryenalie

Ryenalie

Through your trials and tribulations, have you noticed that you could do anything different or better to make it worthwhile to continue?
wereyou Growing outdoor? Indoor? Soil? Hydro? One of the biggest nuggets of info I’ve taken for growing in its ENTIRETY, is
“ you can make growing cannabis as easy or as difficult as you want it to be”
But I haven’t been doing this for years, and I’m taking my first harvest to fruition within the next month
See this makes a lot of sense and I think I am making it difficult for myself as I over think things regularly... (Anxiety is a b***h).

I don't know if this answers your question as I'm really bad with replying and often miss the point entirely, so sorry in advance....

But when I started I sat down and made a list of what I needed and made a brainstorm diagram of what I wanted from my setup, always adding things that could make it easier and removing things that didn't work out from the previous crop. I also made a note of how each plant died and what was the cause of death.

Mainly my setup has always been growing indoors in a tent due to limited space & being in a flat, though I would love to try an outdoor grow at some point but being in the UK is a pain..
After doing a bit of research into different soils and unable to get FF, I choose BioBizz Light-mix soil mixed with a little more perlite to help with drainage and water retention, had no problems so far. Hydro makes me nervous as it seems too easy to make a mistake and difficult to fix unless caught early.
If it interests you or the other farmers I can drop the list of the equipment & supplies that I've gathered/ used so far?

Thank you for your time^^

Lie~

Ryenalie

Ryenalie

You might want to try this approach as those little bastards are resilent as hell. If you have a current infestation with webbing just take it down and kill the plants. Go ahead and bomb/spray with what ever you are using but realize these guys build up resistance to products that kill them. So use something strong since you do not have plants in the grow. After you have killed them off set up the grow room with idle conditions for they to hatch, look up their life cycle online and once you are a couple days away form them dropping eggs again nuke the grow room again.
I know these things can be nearly impossible to completely kill off. I know a guy that will not listen and he is in a house which in SoCal they typically install the drywall about 1/2" off the ground so if the house floods while being built the drywall does not get damaged. The problem this guy has is that the mite crawl up into the walls and just hang out in there until the environment in the grow room is ready for them to invade it again. They will live and lay eggs in the smallest of places.
Resilient is an understatement... I can't count the amount of money & time I have spent on trying to rid these bastards.
Currently I'm okay, touch wood.. but I feel an infestation will arise at some point for my current 2 girls, with the only difference this time is that I'm not growing tree's and trying to keep them as low down as possible through LST. Which I think I'm slowly starting to get the hang of but I made a few mistakes to start off with, and finding it difficult to remove leaves now that they've bushed out.

Wow, that is a really good but tough approach for the little buggers. Thank you I'll definitely try this when another infestation happens!! Ouch.. he seems very unlucky then, and I never could understand why people ask for help but then when it's given don't use it and complain again later... -_-
Do you have anything in mind that would be good to use? I've been using Bug Clear Ultra Gun as it's easier to get hold of in my area, mixed with Neem Oil and some white vinegar which seemed to stunt & slow them down, but they always came back fighting.

Thank you for your time^^

Lie~

Top Bottom